Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 09:21 AM

373 posts, read 821,760 times

Advertisements

I always return the cart if I have one, but I pick up groceries several times a week and rarely have more than I can carry.

I don't have children, so maybe I'm missing the difficulty. But if you had the kids walking around the store with you, how is it suddenly too impossible to take that last step? If you have a baby too young to walk, why not just keep him in the cart while you load the groceries, return the cart, then carry him back to the car?

I find that the biggest offenders seem to be closer to the store than far out in the lot (huh?). I generally park as far away from other cars as I can...I like the paint on my car.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:29 PM

36 posts, read 64,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
2. I have kids under 6 in my car, there is no way in hell I will leave them alone to return the cart. I am very very sorry about that, but it ain't gonna happen. Nor will I turn the car on so someone can jump in a steal my car with my kids in it!
3. I don't have a solution in mind other than to create the cart return on a treadmill like thinghie and have all parking spots have access to it somehow, and much closer to ALL cars rather than 6, 7 cars away. It is darn right dangerous for people with kids.

Sorry.
I had typed out a full response to this, but I cannot even take you seriously... your laziness is not just a hindrance to you and your kids, it's also rude and inconsiderate to others.

You and your kids could make it back to the car, why can't they make it to the cart return and back?

And a conveyor belt for returning carts? Really? Is this how lazy society has become?

Why are some people so inconsiderate? I don't get it.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,313,065 times
I suggest you keep your nasty remarks to yourself.
My kids are under 6 (5, 4 AND 6 MONTHS) and Maybe you're not familiar with how a PARKING LOT WORKS, CARS COMING IN AND OUT AND HERE IN FLORIDA ALMOST NEVER LOOK FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE WALKING. SO, As I said before, when possible I ALWAYS PARK NEXT TO THE RETURN, I LOAD MY KIDS FIRST THEN THE GROCERIES, I WILL BE LESS UPSET IF MY GROCERIES GET RUN OVER BY SOME IDIOT THAT'S NOT LOOKING FOR PEDESTRIANS, OR A 90 YEAR OLD THAT CAN'T SEE YET STILL DRIVES!

I THINK YOU ATTACKING ME FOR THIS IS PLAIN RUDE CONSIDERING THAT YOU PROBABLY 1. DON'T HAVE ANY KIDS AND 2. DON'T HAVE ONE THAT HAS AUTISM AND LIKES TO TAKE OFF AND WONDER..............SO, DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT OR HOW TO KEEP MY KIDS SAFE!

FYI! I ALWAYS RETURN THE CART WHEN I'M BY MYSELF!

OHH, AND BY THE WAY, NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE RETURNS THE CART IN A WAY THAT I CAN PUSH IT BEHIND AND FORM A ROW, EVERYONE HERE DUMPS THEM WHEREVER THEY WANT SO THERE'S BARELY ANY ROOM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illeagle View Post
I had typed out a full response to this, but I cannot even take you seriously... your laziness is not just a hindrance to you and your kids, it's also rude and inconsiderate to others.

You and your kids could make it back to the car, why can't they make it to the cart return and back?

And a conveyor belt for returning carts? Really? Is this how lazy society has become?

Why are some people so inconsiderate? I don't get it.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:48 PM

I don't have my kids walk around the store! don't feel like buying stuff that's not on my list! or chase them instead of getting groceries!

A 6 MONTH OLD DOESN'T SIT IN THE CART YET! ONLY AFTER 1 YEAR!
Why would I keep a baby sitting in the cart in this heat while I load groceries? makes NO SENSE. I turn the car on, so the AC kicks in, and he stays inside protected. Jeez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiketsu View Post
I don't have children, so maybe I'm missing the difficulty. But if you had the kids walking around the store with you, how is it suddenly too impossible to take that last step? If you have a baby too young to walk, why not just keep him in the cart while you load the groceries, return the cart, then carry him back to the car?

Old 07-26-2010, 04:26 PM

323 posts, read 509,106 times
Quote:
I don't have my kids walk around the store! don't feel like buying stuff that's not on my list! or chase them instead of getting groceries!

A 6 MONTH OLD DOESN'T SIT IN THE CART YET! ONLY AFTER 1 YEAR!
Why would I keep a baby sitting in the cart in this heat while I load groceries? makes NO SENSE. I turn the car on, so the AC kicks in, and he stays inside protected. Jeez!
Give me a break. It's a miracle our grandparents (and many of our parents) were able to go to the store when they were young without the miracle of air-conditioned cars. The human species is very resilient and does not require air conditioning.

Stop passing your problem off to everyone else and put your cart back when you use it EVERY TIME, or load up at the front of the store.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM

How about MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! and stop telling me what to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
Give me a break. It's a miracle our grandparents (and many of our parents) were able to go to the store when they were young without the miracle of air-conditioned cars. The human species is very resilient and does not require air conditioning.

Stop passing your problem off to everyone else and put your cart back when you use it EVERY TIME, or load up at the front of the store.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM

323 posts, read 509,106 times
Quote:
How about MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! and stop telling me what to do!
Sorry, you must be confused. This is the thread where we discuss shopping cart etiquette. If you do not wish to discuss shopping carts, feel free to browse over to another thread. If you do not wish to engage in a discussion, don't reply to the thread.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM

36 posts, read 64,979 times
Quote:
I suggest you keep your nasty remarks to yourself.
My kids are under 6 (5, 4 AND 6 MONTHS) and Maybe you're not familiar with how a PARKING LOT WORKS, CARS COMING IN AND OUT AND HERE IN FLORIDA ALMOST NEVER LOOK FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE WALKING. SO, As I said before, when possible I ALWAYS PARK NEXT TO THE RETURN, I LOAD MY KIDS FIRST THEN THE GROCERIES, I WILL BE LESS UPSET IF MY GROCERIES GET RUN OVER BY SOME IDIOT THAT'S NOT LOOKING FOR PEDESTRIANS, OR A 90 YEAR OLD THAT CAN'T SEE YET STILL DRIVES!

I THINK YOU ATTACKING ME FOR THIS IS PLAIN RUDE CONSIDERING THAT YOU PROBABLY 1. DON'T HAVE ANY KIDS AND 2. DON'T HAVE ONE THAT HAS AUTISM AND LIKES TO TAKE OFF AND WONDER..............SO, DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT OR HOW TO KEEP MY KIDS SAFE!

FYI! I ALWAYS RETURN THE CART WHEN I'M BY MYSELF!

OHH, AND BY THE WAY, NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE RETURNS THE CART IN A WAY THAT I CAN PUSH IT BEHIND AND FORM A ROW, EVERYONE HERE DUMPS THEM WHEREVER THEY WANT SO THERE'S BARELY ANY ROOM!
lol you continue to bring your kids into this... and you're right, I don't have kids but I have several friends who do and none of them are inconsiderate slobs as a result My friends can manage their children and put a cart somewhere it won't: cause damage to cars if it rolls down a hill or a gust of wind flips it over; take up spaces in a parking lot; cause people to hit their brakes and have to back out of the space when they see a cart there; make the minimum wage employees do even more work; damage carts which ultimately raises costs for everyone; get carts stolen which raises costs for everyone... I'm so proud of my friends!

Old 07-26-2010, 10:09 PM

564 posts, read 1,494,816 times
I was the parcel pickup clerk at a Giant when I was in high school, back in the days where they actually paid someone to stand out there and load the groceries into people's cars. And there were physical barriers preventing you from getting the cart out into the parking lot? (You could still get it out really but most people didn't take it) Halfway through my 2 year "career" there they took the barriers away and brought in the cart corrals to the parking lot. Then my life really started to suck. So ever since, I've always put the cart back.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,458,292 times
I return carts 95% of the time, unless it's very hot or very cold, and we're very far from the return area. This is because I have young children with me and I normally return the cart after I've emptied it and my kids are long since buckled into the car. For the most part though, I am able to put it back and if I have my husband with me, we always put it back (one person stays with the car/kids). If for some reason i don't return it, I tuck it out of the way, either in front of my car or somewhere else where it will not block a spot.

Last edited by arielmina; 07-27-2010 at 08:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia