Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Let me guess...you're a Republican?
With what I've seen in "liberal" Northern Virginia, i'm guessing Democrat or Coffee Party.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:37 PM

54 posts, read 145,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Let me guess...you're a Republican?
I'm just screwing around. I would never do that. I actually decide whether or not to smash up people's cars with shopping carts depending on their race.

But your assumption speaks volumes about YOUR affiliation.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:19 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
So...... getting back to the original topic, I wonder if everyone is still as good about putting the carts back now that the weather has gotten hot?

Old 07-25-2010, 08:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
1. I try to find parking right next to the drop off in most cases (doesn't work always)
2. I have kids under 6 in my car, there is no way in hell I will leave them alone to return the cart. I am very very sorry about that, but it ain't gonna happen. Nor will I turn the car on so someone can jump in a steal my car with my kids in it!
3. I don't have a solution in mind other than to create the cart return on a treadmill like thinghie and have all parking spots have access to it somehow, and much closer to ALL cars rather than 6, 7 cars away. It is darn right dangerous for people with kids.

Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statecollege View Post
Do you return your carts to the designated return areas, or do you leave it as close to your car as you can? It seems like the biggest violators are in Costco lots, where carts are on the grass areas, in plant beds, front wheels on curbs, and generally scattered everywhere. My question for those who don't take the time to take carts to designated areas (even there, they are often not placed very orderly), why? How hard is it to push the cart a few feet? Let's hear if your excuses are on par with the reckless drivers who occasionally post here. Sorry, but this is one of the admittedly little things in life that I just don't understand. I'm trying to figure out what about our society this reflects. Any ideas? Add your own pet peeves to this string if you'd like.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:20 AM

696 posts, read 1,694,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
So...... getting back to the original topic, I wonder if everyone is still as good about putting the carts back now that the weather has gotten hot?
Yes! It's one of my pet peeves....people that don't put the cart away.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:25 AM

323 posts, read 508,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
1. I try to find parking right next to the drop off in most cases (doesn't work always)
2. I have kids under 6 in my car, there is no way in hell I will leave them alone to return the cart. I am very very sorry about that, but it ain't gonna happen. Nor will I turn the car on so someone can jump in a steal my car with my kids in it!
3. I don't have a solution in mind other than to create the cart return on a treadmill like thinghie and have all parking spots have access to it somehow, and much closer to ALL cars rather than 6, 7 cars away. It is darn right dangerous for people with kids.

Sorry.
What exactly is your concern? Heat? Pedophiles? Unless they're in a stroller, your kids are perfectly capable of walking with you to return the cart to the front of the store or the corral. If they're not, leave the cart at the front of the store and drive up to the loading area and load there. Leaving a shopping cart in the parking lot is downright rude.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,447,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
What exactly is your concern? Heat? Pedophiles? Unless they're in a stroller, your kids are perfectly capable of walking with you to return the cart to the front of the store or the corral. If they're not, leave the cart at the front of the store and drive up to the loading area and load there. Leaving a shopping cart in the parking lot is downright rude.

Amen!

But NoVa is filled with arrogant, rude people that are far, far too special to be considerate of others.

And, except for the seriously handicapped, EVERYONE should put the danged thing (cart, buggy, whatever) back in the corral. The stores have positioned them so they're not that far from the cars.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
Agreed. I chided a lady in a Giant lot the other day for unloading her car and leaving the cart in a parking spot. Didn't even try and push it off to the side. This lot has a slope also where carts can start rolling and go forever. She was in her car along with what appeared to be her daughter. I walked right up to the window and said to her "You're kidding right, you're not going to leave that there are you?" I moved to my car so as not to let her feel threatened by me. As I got into my truck she got out and pushed her cart to a corral.

I also love commenting to people who park in the loading zone in front of grocery stores then jump out to go in for just a minute. "Must be nice to have your own front door parking spot."

Old 07-25-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Sorry to hear things are like that in Florida. Here in Virginia, that's not as much of a fear.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtodcfromseattle View Post
Yes! It's one of my pet peeves....people that don't put the cart away.
I'm glad to hear you guys feel the same. That's one of my habits too, no matter what the weather is like. If a little old lady like me can do it, everyone can. Besides, it's an easy way to get extra little bit of exercise, and everyone can use that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia