Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would you most prefer to see new upscale lifestyle shopping center in?
Munster 5 41.67%
Schererville 2 16.67%
Dyer 0 0%
St. John 1 8.33%
Crown Point 2 16.67%
None 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,914 times

Advertisements

I wonder which tenant this could possibly be! This is good news to hear!

S'ville development waiting on mystery anchor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 AM

37 posts, read 67,048 times
Default Interesting

I (well mostly, my wife LOL) hopes it is a good tenant they are trying to get! However, after reading some of the comments on that article, it seems as though many of the folks are just so pessimistic about the whole thing (especially regarding whether or not the area can support this type of retail)! Why is this?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingToMunster View Post
I (well mostly, my wife LOL) hopes it is a good tenant they are trying to get! However, after reading some of the comments on that article, it seems as though many of the folks are just so pessimistic about the whole thing (especially regarding whether or not the area can support this type of retail)! Why is this?

I think it's all of the vacant retail locations in the area.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
I think it's all of the vacant retail locations in the area.
The vacancies are not nearly as big as a couple years ago. Some new stores have moved in. New stores that would have otherwise located in the new lifestyle developments. If you actually take a drive in the area you can see for yourself. (and I am not talking about the seasonal stores either)

Old 01-04-2011, 07:46 AM

811 posts, read 2,337,844 times
If you haven't already, take a look at the video about the potential Oak Street Commons shopping center from its website. It's good to see that people are finally acknowledging that towns in NWI are solid suburbs of Chicago, and these developers evidently realize that NWI an area with a lot of untapped growth potential since a lot of wealth has started to accumulate here.

It should draw a lot of people from the Tri-town area, Munster, parts of Highland, and even some Illinois shoppers looking to pay the significantly lower sales tax. Here's the link for the video:
Oak Street Commons Video - A Closer Look At The Market

Last edited by svillechris; 01-04-2011 at 08:06 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 01:18 PM

Default Nice update

A nice perspective:

Munster Indiana Real Estate Energized By Panera and Shops

Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Now that the plans for a possible town center for Munster are back in the works, I think it is a good idea to get an idea for the type of stores/restaurants/businesses that we all would like to see at the development (if at all).

The following is a list of stores & restaurants that I would personally think would benefit the area or that I would personally shop at:

Von Maur
Nordstrom Rack
Apple Store
Foot Action USA
Banana Republic
Dooney & Bourke
Williams-Sonoma
Coach
Brooks Brothers
P.F. Chang's China Bistro

This is only a small list. Also, as far as most restaurants go, I would try to avoid large chains (such as Applebee's, Olive Garden) and stick to smaller chains or even family owned restaurants.

*Also, there is the proposed developments in Schererville (Oak Street Commons & Shops on Main) but as of now, I believe the Shops on Main is no more and Oak Street Commons is pretty stagant.
That is some pretty good news for Munster.
Here is another restaurant not to include in the complex
Tilted Kilt
Five Guys

How about a trader joes - closest one is over in orland from indiana
comp usa would be awesome
definatley in high favor of pf changs awesome restaurant even if its a chain
love portillos and again the nearest portillos is merrillville, tinley, or crestwood.
columbia
timberland
My wife would like to see an ulta store
another chain but a good one is pot belly and again no presence in munster

Hope the project materializes that area could certainly support these type of stores and you would get indiana and some illinois traffic
Munster is an awesome spot

Old 04-23-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
That is some pretty good news for Munster.
Here is another restaurant not to include in the complex
Tilted Kilt
Five Guys

How about a trader joes - closest one is over in orland from indiana
comp usa would be awesome
definatley in high favor of pf changs awesome restaurant even if its a chain
love portillos and again the nearest portillos is merrillville, tinley, or crestwood.
columbia
timberland
My wife would like to see an ulta store
another chain but a good one is pot belly and again no presence in munster

Hope the project materializes that area could certainly support these type of stores and you would get indiana and some illinois traffic
Munster is an awesome spot
Five Guys in already signed for the new Munster Shops on Calumet

I would love a trader Joe's! One in Schererville (in the new "old" circuit city spot) would be perfect. To add, a Whole Foods Market would be perfect in the old Sterk's spot in Munster

Ulta just opened a location a few months ago in Highland (in the Highland Grove Shopping Center)

Columbia and Timberland would probably not be likely as they are only stand-alone stores in outlet malls (or in major cities downtown areas).

Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Five Guys in already signed for the new Munster Shops on Calumet

I would love a trader Joe's! One in Schererville (in the new "old" circuit city spot) would be perfect. To add, a Whole Foods Market would be perfect in the old Sterk's spot in Munster

Ulta just opened a location a few months ago in Highland (in the Highland Grove Shopping Center)

Columbia and Timberland would probably not be likely as they are only stand-alone stores in outlet malls (or in major cities downtown areas).
Yeah Trader Joe's would be awesome Whole foods is a bit pricy but a cool store none the less.

Nothing against five guys - my preference would have been portillos
Five guys just give me a gut ache way to much grease.
just an opinion as i know others who really do like the place.

another option would be chick fil a , as they are expanding across chicagoland.

I did notice michigan city outlet had columbia but aurora did not , i found that kind of odd.
have you heard anything on portillos and do you know if charley horse in munster is any good and the brew pub three flloyds.
I was over in muster Friday and drove by the place..

Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Yeah Trader Joe's would be awesome Whole foods is a bit pricy but a cool store none the less.

Nothing against five guys - my preference would have been portillos
Five guys just give me a gut ache way to much grease.
just an opinion as i know others who really do like the place.

another option would be chick fil a , as they are expanding across chicagoland.

I did notice michigan city outlet had columbia but aurora did not , i found that kind of odd.
have you heard anything on portillos and do you know if charley horse in munster is any good and the brew pub three flloyds.
I was over in muster Friday and drove by the place..
Portillos and Five Guys are not really comparable, but I see your point. For Munster to get Portillos, they would definitely need to develop the Munster Town Center. Personally, I would like to see Cheesecake Factory or Maggiano's

Chick fil a would be nice to! Maybe they could replace the KFC in Munster ( I do not like KFC at all...I am a Popeye's person )

The Charley Horse in Munster is very good. Much better than the restaurant it replaced!

Three Floyds = King of microbreweries! But you will pay the price! They are expennnnsiiive!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana