Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 01:57 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,102,283 times

Advertisements

Meh, on vacation they can get to plenty of places that are not crowded. We have traffic, but unless someone is in a big hurry, do they really notice all that much?

I would swap the Aquarium for the Zoo. The zoo is WAY bigger/better as an experience than the very small aquarium we have here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 06:57 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,820,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky101 View Post
Actually, the advice to stay in the city is nice, but I don't think it's for us. We LIVE in a crowded area and want to be where there's space.

Then maybe Kahala isn't what you are looking for. You might instead want to think about Kauaʻi, Molokaʻi or Lānaʻi.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:36 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,767,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
Meh, on vacation they can get to plenty of places that are not crowded. We have traffic, but unless someone is in a big hurry, do they really notice all that much?

I would swap the Aquarium for the Zoo. The zoo is WAY bigger/better as an experience than the very small aquarium we have here.
Honolulu zoo is a better pick, i agree. If you like outdoors? Make sure to check out Manoa Falls and Manoa. If your into culture and history, Make sure to visit The Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Polynesian Cultural Center, Old Historical Honolulu Tour.

Everything depends on what you like to do. Good Luck Aloha.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 PM

317 posts, read 748,723 times
As far as locking your things in your car in Hawaii you might want to rethink that if you find yourselves on a beach with a lot of privacy.

What works in NY doesn't work the same way on some islands...Maui comes to mind.

Also make sure that introverted boy doesn't buy the fake weed they've been selling out there for 30 years now. They were selling "spice" long before the Chinese.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:46 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,102,283 times
There are a couple of beaches that we go to where we prep and stash our stuff out of sight before getting there. Then when you park, you grab-n-go.

Nothing worse than somebody putting all their stuff in the trunk in the parking lot. That's like saying "Here, see what I have, I'll put it right here for you, thanks."

As a great reminder that this is a bad idea....We averted getting our car broken into at Ward Center by almost breaking this rule. We went to Peir One, came back to the car and put the stuff in the back. Then we went to go do other things and saw this odd situation of a guy chilling by his car, while it was running. He was only a few cars down from us in the lot. That gave us a creepy feeling, so we turned around and got in the car and drove away. The guy gave me a VERY odd look. I have no doubt that he would have broken into the car, stolen whatever he could, and then drove off.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:18 AM

163 posts, read 269,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Then maybe Kahala isn't what you are looking for. You might instead want to think about Kauaʻi, Molokaʻi or Lānaʻi.
I'm going to agree with everyone who suggested another island. Kahala is a peaceful section on what is a very crowded and busy island. If a family is more nature oriented, I'd send them to Maui or Kauai.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:07 AM

481 posts, read 1,061,499 times
Wow, thanks for the tip on locking things in the car. I should know better, as my car was broken into twice right on my driveway.
As for Maui, my travel agent said it's way too commercial there...

Old 05-25-2014, 09:52 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,580,958 times
Quote:
Wow, thanks for the tip on locking things in the car. I should know better, as my car was broken into twice right on my driveway.
You're travel agents an puka kekake!!!! Tell the po'o kukae to get out of the office more often. Maui's too friggin commercial and he sends you to Waikiki?????

What a jerk

Old 05-25-2014, 11:17 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,945,761 times
Quote:
Are we being Punk'd??

I spit up my orange juice reading that

Old 05-25-2014, 01:50 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,820,700 times
Quote:

You need to get a new travel agent. I would agree that maybe for you and your family, Maui might not be best. However, from what you have said here, Maui is MUCH closer to what you are looking for than Oahu is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu