Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 AM

16 posts, read 50,909 times

Advertisements

I flew in on Tuesday and now I need a place to live. Had anyone lived in the Aeloa Terrace? I don't want to sign a lease without knowing anything about the community. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 PM

3,752 posts, read 11,528,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghutch View Post
I flew in on Tuesday and now I need a place to live. Had anyone lived in the Aeloa Terrace? I don't want to sign a lease without knowing anything about the community. Thanks
Why didn't you get a vacation rental while you looked around? Would save you money over a hotel.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:15 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,079,226 times
Since you are on-island, can you go to Aeloa Terrace and ask some of the folks coming out of the door? Ask folks in the area nearby? They are the ones who would be most likely to know the particulars.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,583,646 times
My company did the interior finish carpentry on that project in 1996. If it's the condos they're all wood construction and weren't quite designed with Hawaii in mind, in that the center units are essentially back to back, which doesn't allow for any tradewinds to blow through. Get a second floor unit if you have a chance, corner one if available. Nice neighborhood, one of the first developments to go up in Kapolei, would be handy if you worked in Kapolei as well, commute into town, Honolulu, can take a while....

Aloha and okolemaluna

Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 PM

850 posts, read 4,368,012 times
heh, howzit jungjohann!

anyway, his post is correct. we own a house in the a'eloa subdivsion. were one of the firsts to move in. it's a corner house so lots of tradewinds blowing. lots of big box stores have gone in since the 90's when we bought our home. many, many more houses by schuller (spelling) are going to be developed on the 'ewa plains where the aloun farms is right now. i could be wrong, but i think that it's close to 12500. lots of traffic.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:24 PM

16 posts, read 50,909 times
Thanks for the info. After looking around a little more I decided to move to Kapiolani and make the commute. It is about 40min and the traffic is minimal since everyone is traveling the opposite direction. Kapolei is nice but I like the city life. I should have taken more than week to find a place but where is the adventure in having everything planned. Next up is trying to pronounce names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu