Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 05:42 AM

19 posts, read 124,041 times

Advertisements

Whats its like there? Doesn't seem TOO expensive and seems pretty nice.

With the slated development for this area it also seems like a good investment to buy a home here? Any thoughts on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 12:53 PM

243 posts, read 813,686 times
Hello. I am actually from Kapolei. I graduated from KHS in 2006. It's a new development town with upcoming features like Target, movie theater, food places, Kmart, etc. I'll be honest, some of the villages within Kapolei are pricing but my family is from Kumi Iki which is a nice fair place to rent or buy a house. I definitely think you will love it there. I know I do! It's close to Barbar's Point Beach, the miliary housing, Zippy's, Safeway, TheBus transit center...I mean it's really a great place to buy a house but make sure you check out each village within the city. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more information. :-)

Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 PM

850 posts, read 4,366,651 times
aloha neighbor! my cousin bought the first house in kumu iki village. her sister bought a townhouse in malanai iki. my sister in malanai and i bought one of the first houses in a'eloa. i have other relatives living in the "villages", too. sister's twins graduated from KHS like you.

so many changes to the area from when i was a youngster. farrington hwy at the time was one lane that weaved its way through the cane fields. no houses to talk about except up on the hill at makakilo and hono kai hale all the way to the other west side communities.

in 1995/1996 (i forget the year) when we purchased our home in a'eloa it was $295 3b/2.5b enclosed gargage on less than 5k sqft (zero lot lines) some are larger. quite spendy at the time. in today's economy, it would sell between mid to upper 400ks and a low $500k.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:04 PM

243 posts, read 813,686 times
Aloha! All of my friends lived in Kumu Iki, A`eloa, or Makakilo and I absolutely loved it! What year did they grad? I may know them...

I can remember when Kapolei was a BIG dirt hole! All there was is Campbell's park. Where you stay now?

Yes, Kapolei is getting pricy-ER because it's becoming the new "Honouliuli". It's an upcoming city, new schools, new businesses, etc.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 PM

850 posts, read 4,366,651 times
i sent you a direct message.

they graduated in either 2006 or 2007 i forget.

i have been living on the big island since dec. '08.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu