Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:27 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2flip View Post
Just wondering what the property taxes are like there. We have a 10 year old 2,000 sq. ft. ranch in a subdivision on a normal city lot and we pay about $5,000 a year. I hope the taxes are lower there. Also, what is Hubbard like and how are their schools?

Property taxes vary by area, by parents live in Bazetta Township (Cortland zip code 44410) in $300k house. They also have almost an acre and they pay around $4200/year. When i lived in Niles i had a 2700 sq/ft, $80k house and i paid something like $1200/year, so it all depends on the area. Here is a break down of trumbull county: Trumbull County Auditor (http://www.auditor.co.trumbull.oh.us/auditor_taxrates.htm - broken link)

Looks like Hubbard and Liberty have the highest taxes.

Some areas also have a city tax (wage tax), but i'm not for sure which ones. I do know that Niles, Warren, and Youngstown have a wage tax. I think Lordstown, Girard, and some others might as well.

Oh yeah, and Trumbull County has a 6.5% sales tax, although food is not taxed. Mahoning County's rate is higher. Also, Pa doesn't tax clothes, so you might want to check out the Shenango Valley Mall (very small) or the Grove City Outlets.

I don't know a whole lot about Hubbard, but when i was in high school they were in our conference, so i have been there several times. My cousin just moved there and she loves it, so it can't be all bad (she grew up in an upper middle class area).

Anyway, I believe Hubbard High school is something like the 3rd of 4th largest in the county, they probably have around 200 graduates per class. The city is pretty close to the Pa border and i believe the city of Youngstown, Liberty Township and the Pa border may all border the city. The area also has good access to I-80.

I may try to help some more later, but i have to leave for work. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 08:39 AM

4 posts, read 10,862 times
Default lordstown GM

Hi!
I'm in the process of leaving the area. My husband took the buy-out from Delphi, and although he still works at Delphi, he works for a contracting company. We're afraid that he'll be out of a job shortly, so we're making a move, but to be honest, things look like they're picking up again, with the 3rd shift being added at Lordstown. I kinda wish we weren't leaving.
I have a really nice 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home on 2.6 acres with a horse barn, lots of landscaping, finished basement, sunroom, family room, living room, dining room, and 2.5 car garage. We live in Howland, which has a good school system. The elementary school is about 2 miles from my home, the mall and Super Kmart are about 3 miles away, Wallmart is about 5 miles away and Lordstown plant is at the most 20 minutes away. Just for compairson, I would love to get $200,000 for my home, and the taxes are about $2500/year.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:12 AM

23 posts, read 67,413 times
bahrottyn-Howland is at the top of our list for places to move to. Could you tell me some of your likes/dislikes about the area.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:43 PM

72 posts, read 115,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLL071999 View Post
bahrottyn-Howland is at the top of our list for places to move to. Could you tell me some of your likes/dislikes about the area.
Howland is a really nice area very close to the Eastwood Mall. The schools are decent but the diversity in income levels really shows (there are wealthy and poor areas that attend) and kids tend to stay within those class clicks. There are some nice neighborhood parks and golf courses nearby. As mentioned there are houses in all price ranges in Howland. IMO you might wanna try Champion or Lordstown. Both have smaller schools (Lordstown has graduating classes about 40!) so you get private school atmosphere with the lowest taxes around and Champion is larger but still half the size of Howland.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 857 times
Default Moving to lordstown ohio

My husband is a gm transfer and has been living up here since last june now that school is over the family is coming up to join him we have a tour scheduled for lordstown school but we are having a hard time finding a place to rent in the school dist. We have a 8 year old boy and a 7 month old girl. We would like to live in some sort of neighborhood with kids so our kids have someone to play with, as they dont have that now. We would like somewhere safe and clean. This has all been very stressing as now i have post pardom depression. If you have any ideas or know of anything, please let me know. My name is stephanie. Thank you.

Old 05-25-2011, 05:42 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
I really wouldn't look at living in Lordstown, it's a pretty rural area and the school are nice but very small and they don't even have high school football there. What is your price range? I see you said something about renting, i don't think Lordstown has any rentals, you'll probably have to look into Warren, Niles, Howland, Boardman or Austintown. If you give us a price range we could probably give you some advice on good rentals, schools, apartment communities, etc. You may be able to find a house to rent if you're interested in that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio