Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 08:51 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,443,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I haven't lived there since 1969.

The temp's there are better than they are here in Oklahoma.
Dah for me..we had been talking about Michigan, I did honesty mean to say Oklahoma. How is it in Oklahoma; do you get a real winter there with snow and low temperatures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 10:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,440,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Dah for me..we had been talking about Michigan, I did honesty mean to say Oklahoma. How is it in Oklahoma; do you get a real winter there with snow and low temperatures?
We do get all 4 seasons. But it doesn't usually get cold enough to freeze the ground to where snow will stay.....if it ever falls.
I've been here since the summer of "07". We've only had one big ice storm and golfball sized hail.
It's suppose to be in the 30's tonight.

Duncan,OK. Winter of "07"

Old 10-31-2009, 09:20 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,149,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I heard Denver got sloshed with snow. We are headed to Branson on Monday. EB, someday we are going to drive into your neck of the woods and surprise you. We don't want no gruff from you about having to work either!!
I am sure you get at least one day off once in a while. We go as far north as Sioux City, NE to visit Don's family. Maybe next time we will just keep on driving and hit Ohio.
You got it RB, but it seems lately everytime I think I'm gonna get a good 40 hr or better week the dang rain puts the kuboshes to it. But I sure BJB123 and I can take time out of our mundane social lives for good freinds . If ya'all show up in the summer, don't be shocked when you see all the green we have here. Our door will be open.

Thursday we were told by the state raod inspector that there would be no work on Friday due to incomeing rain. But low and behold, no rain and lots of sunshine and 74 degree Temp. The idiot! Lost on on a good 10 hr day, for nothing.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:21 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
You got it RB, but it seems lately everytime I think I'm gonna get a good 40 hr or better week the dang rain puts the kuboshes to it. But I sure BJB123 and I can take time out of our mundane social lives for good freinds . If ya'all show up in the summer, don't be shocked when you see all the green we have here. Our door will be open.

Thursday we were told by the state raod inspector that there would be no work on Friday due to incomeing rain. But low and behold, no rain and lots of sunshine and 74 degree Temp. The idiot! Lost on on a good 10 hr day, for nothing.
Guess the inspector didn't stick his head out the window to see what the weather was going to be like that morning. RB,if you make it to EB's place,you'd better darn sure give me a holler or I'm going to haunt you,I'm not that far south of him.....

Old 10-31-2009, 01:51 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,149,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Guess the inspector didn't stick his head out the window to see what the weather was going to be like that morning. RB,if you make it to EB's place,you'd better darn sure give me a holler or I'm going to haunt you,I'm not that far south of him.....
Or, maybe another dark southern location is where his head was.

How ya do'in there PT and how's the better half?

Old 10-31-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:

How ya do'in there PT and how's the better half?
We're doing okay EB,the wife is recovering from our trip to Florida and her allergies acting up and I think she's come down with a little bit of a cold on top of that,but she seems to be recovering very nicely now,as for me,I guess I'm going through one of my down phases with the loss of our grandson,it's funny,I come onto the forum and read all the posts in the usual places that I go to and I really don't feel like responding,I'll just sit there and read them and move on to another one,just doesn't feel like my heart's in it right now,as a matter of fact this is probably one of the longest posts that I've put on here now since I got back from Florida,but hopefully this'll pass and I'll feel like getting back into things shortly,thanks for asking....

Old 10-31-2009, 04:41 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,548,762 times
Hello AlaskanPatty! Happy Holloween. We need some trick or treat candy here.

Quote:
LOL! Rreeeeowrr! Awful catty remark there, EB. Just for that I am taking you off my xmas card list. Save me a stamp.

Quote:
,it's funny,I come onto the forum and read all the posts in the usual places that I go to and I really don't feel like responding,I'll just sit there and read them and move on to another one,just doesn't feel like my heart's in it right now,...lll
Same here. I am tired of the sos. So I thought I would come over and see how the civilized folks live. I didn't know pt and EB were neighbors. How many hours apart do you guys live?

Old 10-31-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Hello AlaskanPatty! Happy Holloween. We need some trick or treat candy here.

LOL! Rreeeeowrr! Awful catty remark there, EB. Just for that I am taking you off my xmas card list. Save me a stamp.

Same here. I am tired of the sos. So I thought I would come over and see how the civilized folks live. I didn't know pt and EB were neighbors. How many hours apart do you guys live?

I think we're only about an hour and a half drive from one another,I think he's about an hour north of Cambridge and I'm about a half hour south of Cambridge right off Interstate 77...

Old 10-31-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
We're doing okay EB,the wife is recovering from our trip to Florida and her allergies acting up and I think she's come down with a little bit of a cold on top of that,but she seems to be recovering very nicely now,as for me,I guess I'm going through one of my down phases with the loss of our grandson,it's funny,I come onto the forum and read all the posts in the usual places that I go to and I really don't feel like responding,I'll just sit there and read them and move on to another one,just doesn't feel like my heart's in it right now,as a matter of fact this is probably one of the longest posts that I've put on here now since I got back from Florida,but hopefully this'll pass and I'll feel like getting back into things shortly,thanks for asking....

ptsum, I didn't know you'd lost your grandson. My condolences to both you and your wife. So sorry to hear that.

Old 10-31-2009, 06:10 PM

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY! Got plenty of candy here for the little tricksters. Now I said the "little" ones...so no begging here for candy. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio