Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 09:41 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,443,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Hey Ohioans,

Bruce Sprinsteen screwed up by mistaking Michigan for Ohio at a Michigan concert.
You should hear what The Michiganders are saying about the Buckeyes.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/michi...boss-were.html
LOL...that is funny.....poor Michiganders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 10:36 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,636,973 times
I was in Michigan this weekend. God I hate that state. Their roads are terrible!!!!! I had to drive my car this time instead of a company car. I was upset, but I had no clue how bad the roads were in the Lansing area. Well, they were bad. I had a business trip in the Detroit area a while ago and blew a tire in Livonia. It was a rental so not too bad.

I drove my car this time. Luckily no blown tire, but the idiots at the hotel I was staying at decided to scratch my car and bust out the windows of another. I figured maybe it was because I was from Ohio (lol them Michigan folk), but when I realized they smashed the windows of a car from Indiana in I figured it was just idiocy at its finest.

I was furious, went and talked to the hotel staff. They said they couldn't do anything about it. Guess there were some drunks out, and the hotel manager told them to get away from the hotel, so they went out into the parking lot where my car was. Wonder how much the scratches will cost me?

Its hilarious though. The northern border between Ohio and Michigan. Once you enter Ohio the roads get a lot smoother, and newer looking.

I am done doing any type of driving in Michigan. That state is terrible. Terrible economy, dead and bombed out cities, and THE WORST roads in the country.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:38 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,440,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
I was in Michigan this weekend. God I hate that state. Their roads are terrible!!!!! I had to drive my car this time instead of a company car. I was upset, but I had no clue how bad the roads were in the Lansing area. Well, they were bad. I had a business trip in the Detroit area a while ago and blew a tire in Livonia. It was a rental so not too bad.

I drove my car this time. Luckily no blown tire, but the idiots at the hotel I was staying at decided to scratch my car and bust out the windows of another. I figured maybe it was because I was from Ohio (lol them Michigan folk), but when I realized they smashed the windows of a car from Indiana in I figured it was just idiocy at its finest.

I was furious, went and talked to the hotel staff. They said they couldn't do anything about it. Guess there were some drunks out, and the hotel manager told them to get away from the hotel, so they went out into the parking lot where my car was. Wonder how much the scratches will cost me?

Its hilarious though. The northern border between Ohio and Michigan. Once you enter Ohio the roads get a lot smoother, and newer looking.

I am done doing any type of driving in Michigan. That state is terrible. Terrible economy, dead and bombed out cities, and THE WORST roads in the country.
That wino' wasn't me, I haven't lived in Mi, since 1969.

Besides, I don't drink.Nothin' against it , I just never really took a liking to beer or hard liquor.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:

Darn, sorry to hear about your car. You know since you were "paying" to stay there, it does seem to me they should be responsible for the parking lot regardless of what they say or even signs they post (those you see that say they are not responsible, etc.). It might not hurt to check into that further.

If you have to go there again for your job I'd sure use the company car. It's been a long time since I've been to Michigan and then I went to Clauson when my sister lived there for a short time.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:36 PM

Hello everybody. Where's everybody at this evening? Too cold for all of you.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:05 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,548,762 times
Quote:
And their feet stink! Just kidding. We have our share of bad roads. For some reason, eastern part of the state has the worst Interstate I have ever seen.

We are having our first freeze tonight. It has been beautiful weather up until this week. Now old man winter has come to visit. Brrrrrr. Good time to make some stew!!

Old 11-18-2009, 09:07 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,149,938 times
Quote:

How do ya like those stupid Michigan turn-arounds? You have go an extra block or 2 just to make a left turn you should have done a block back, now how dumb is that?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,440,735 times
I flew to Columbus, ohio. from California, rented a car and then I drove from Ashland, Ohio to Chegoygan,Michigan and over the Macinaw Bridge about 5 years ago.
I have no comlaints..

Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,085 times
Hay EB, the skies cleared up and the sun is shining and the temperature run up to 60°, darn almost summertime.....

Old 11-18-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Hay EB, the skies cleared up and the sun is shining and the temperature run up to 60°, darn almost summertime.....
It's about -3 here this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio