Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 08:29 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,453,476 times

Advertisements

My sister sent me an email earlier this week with that albino moose in Michigan. I have never seen one but they are absolutely beautiful.

LOL....yeah some lineman messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,454,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
My sister sent me an email earlier this week with that albino moose in Michigan. I have never seen one but they are absolutely beautiful.

LOL....yeah some lineman messed up.
I posted that and several different pic's of Albino Snow "Mice"()on the Michigan forum. or "Meeses"

https://www.city-data.com/forum/michi...l#post11427645

Old 11-13-2009, 10:53 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,641,430 times
Pat, that moose shot is amazing. Are they endangered?

Old 11-14-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Pat, that moose shot is amazing. Are they endangered?
Thanks. No they're not endangered but humans are if you go near a female and she has her calves with her. . A couple years back in certain areas up here they were doing the wolf kills (via airplane, which generated alot of criticism), because they said the wolves were killing off too many of the moose and caribou. They are magnificent creatures who really just want to be left alone.

We usually get several coming in the yard off and on to eat off the trees. Sometimes they'll lay down and rest and then just mozey off elsewhere. If you leave them alone and keep your dogs away from them they're fine, but if they feel threatened they will and can very quickly kick and stomp you to death.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I posted that and several different pic's of Albino Snow "Mice"()on the Michigan forum. or "Meeses"

https://www.city-data.com/forum/michi...l#post11427645
I would love to see one of the albino ones; never have up here though.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:53 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,159,813 times
All this talking about Mooses reminds me of a book I once read years ago and the cover looked alot like the picture Mk posted. (I like books with lots of pictures) It was called "Antlers in the tree Tops" by Whogoost DaMoose. Or, was it "Stinky Fingers" by Willy Longfinger , I can't remember.

Anyway, RB.

If that were me and I found a snake skin like the one you found, in my house. Well I'm afraid BJB123 would be out of the house in a blink of an eye. All I would see is a blur and hear a door slam shut as she created a large vacum when leaving.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,454,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
All this talking about Mooses reminds me of a book I once read years ago and the cover looked alot like the picture Mk posted. (I like books with lots of pictures) It was called "Antlers in the tree Tops" by Whogoost DaMoose. Or, was it "Stinky Fingers" by Willy Longfinger , I can't remember.[QUOTE/]

Anyway, RB.

If that were me and I found a snake skin like the one you found, in my house.
Quote:
Well I'm afraid BJB123 would be out of the house in a blink of an eye.
All I would see is a blur and hear a door slam shut as she created a large vacum when leaving.
You know the trick to gettin BJB123 out of the house.
So, ya got one of those skins on hand for occasions like that.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:01 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,671,082 times
Apat, you need to come back to Ohio, especially southeastern Ohio, I think the hottest day that we had this year was about 90° with little or no humidity and today it got up to about 71° and right now it's 55° and we get a little bit of snow in the winter here but not a whole lot, just enough to cover the ground a few times but nothing that has to be plowed or shoveled. I see you people are talking about albino animals, well, I've got an albino red tail hawk that hangs out around here, it's quite a spectacular looking bird and quite large and as far as snakes go, redbird that's a boa constrictor, not a copperhead, believe me I know, I've come face-to-face with two different types of copperhead's and I have the skin of a 10 foot black snake that fell off my cabin roof last year.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:49 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times
Mooseburgers taste good. Moosehead beer is good too. Have you eaten Moose, AP? I stayed in Idaho for a summer once, and had some good moose burgers. So does elk.

The snake that left its skin in our house was probably a black rat snake. Eating mice for us. I did not tell Don for a couple of months, because he has a snakephobia big time. He would have been a serious contender with EB's DW for fastest human on earth had he seen it.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Apat, you need to come back to Ohio, especially southeastern Ohio, I think the hottest day that we had this year was about 90° with little or no humidity and today it got up to about 71° and right now it's 55° and we get a little bit of snow in the winter here but not a whole lot, just enough to cover the ground a few times but nothing that has to be plowed or shoveled. I see you people are talking about albino animals, well, I've got an albino red tail hawk that hangs out around here, it's quite a spectacular looking bird and quite large and as far as snakes go, redbird that's a boa constrictor, not a copperhead, believe me I know, I've come face-to-face with two different types of copperhead's and I have the skin of a 10 foot black snake that fell off my cabin roof last year.
Yikes your talking about those snakes and telling me to come back to S.E. Ohio LOL.....I would be with Don and EB's wife....running the heck away. . The weather there doesn't sound bad other then 90 degrees which is hot to me. I bet that hawk is something to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio