Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,178 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband is being transferred to the northeast Ohio area. We can live anywhere in that region. We have a young daughter and are interested in a safe area for her. Right now, we are looking at Medina. Any suggestions would be very welcome! Thanks!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2006, 02:23 AM

36 posts, read 145,628 times
Why would any one move to that place when there is So.California?
Just pulling your chain

Old 02-24-2006, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,177 times
I sent you a message did you get it? I live in that area and can answer questions you may have.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:08 PM

2 posts, read 9,462 times
North Canton is safe and schools are very good. Houses are affordable.

Old 03-18-2006, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,176 times
Look into Kent. We have a safe area with good schools. Kent is very accessible to Cleveland and is just outside of Akron. I can also hook you up with a nice church and preschool if you are interested.

James
www.onecoolchurch.com

Old 03-19-2006, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 10,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinagirl
Hello! My husband is being transferred to the northeast Ohio area. We can live anywhere in that region. We have a young daughter and are interested in a safe area for her. Right now, we are looking at Medina. Any suggestions would be very welcome! Thanks!!!!!!

Medina is a great small town.. SW of Cleveland, Ohio without all the crap....Medina, is also a "bedroom community", for commuters, to Cleveland.. You also have Akron, Ohio due EAST, app. 20 miles, out SR 18.. Medina, has a LOW crime rate, and almost ZILCH behavior problems....Basic "white collar" area... School system is super.. MANY older, victorian homes, and also, new homes....CONGESTED area, in the downtown village area, AND on SR 42, also known as Pearl Rd, going NORTH toward Strongsville, a white collar, "high end" SW burb of Cleveland...MANY nice people in Medina, but some snobs, also..Quaint, SAFE area, for a family....Im a walking atlas, when it comes to OHIO.. Its my home state, and I travel all of NE Ohio, for my job, 5 years...From..--> state of ohio..

Old 03-19-2006, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 10,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinagirl

I also agree with James, in Kent. Kent is great, also. So is N. Canton,TOTALLY separate, from The City of Canton, Ohio proper...****STAY OUT of Canton City proper...low life, hookers, drugs, BOO KOO welfare/ loiterers, and low enders/CRIME in general. DO NOT put you daughter in a Canton City Schools. Houses are CHEAP, but in Canton City Proper, you GET what you pay for. And alot of what you ve "paid for" in the first place, wont stay where it is at. Even your plants, vanish, along with your car windshield, CD player, radio, etc, while you can spend 45 minutes, cleaning up the glass, etc. From--> state of ohio....PS.. I used to live in Winston-Salem, AND New Bern, NC...

Old 03-21-2006, 09:16 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,374,030 times
why not try potage lakes , south of akron lovely waterfront community

Old 07-20-2006, 03:05 PM

714 posts, read 2,931,968 times
My sister has lived in Medina for the last 18 years and really enjoys it. I have visited her several times and I am always impressed on the downtown area and how clean the city is.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:54 AM

976 posts, read 3,860,210 times
Yes, Medina is a great town. Its one of my favorite out there. Not far from Cleveland or Akron metros either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio