Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 04:01 PM

7 posts, read 32,043 times

Advertisements

You can dine at Louie's on Meridian on Saturday December 13, 2008. That's where everybody will be for an encore. I expect it to be a lot of fun. Everybody's been storing up their Molly's energy for too many years for something to not happen when it's finally released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 04:12 PM

7 posts, read 32,043 times
Don't miss out the the scavenger hunt. The website keeps crashing because of everybody trying to find out what's going on. So keep at it into next week or when everybody else finally goes to bed. OKCScavengerHunt.com

Old 02-26-2011, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 4,349 times
Default Salad Bar

The car was a Jaguar (as I remember)
They played and sang "At The Car Wash" when the clean it up and replenished items on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
I discovered there's actually a website. [URL="http://mollymurphys.com"]Molly Murphy's Website of Fine Repute[/URL]

It tells the story you were asking about. And guess what? You missed the reunion...it was today (10 November).

We loved the place. Wasn't the salad bar in a Corvette or some such car?

Thanks for asking the question. I would never have found that website otherwise.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 8,742 times
Talking molly murphy experience

my family and i went to molly's years ago, had to hula hoop before entering(took pic's, too funny)...it was in OK and we were from Tx... the restroom was walled with pic's the waiters/waitress were dressed as celebrities...my daughters danced with some of the entertaining while waiting for a table. i thought about it today cause one of those daughters has a b/d this month and we've planned a trip to San Antonio and i was trying to find a fun restaurant there. i never knew it closed, you mean to tell me there aren't any anywhere???

Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 AM

3 posts, read 8,742 times
Default molly???that you

found an old ad from our trip to molly's...the only way to get front cover was to cut in half and that would defeat the purpose(size limits)
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone remember Molly Murphys restaurant?-mollys2-4-.jpg   Does anyone remember Molly Murphys restaurant?-mollys2-3-.jpg  

Old 02-20-2012, 09:24 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Loved it as a kid way back when.

Salad bar in a car anyone?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:46 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
I remember Molly Murphy's from the early 1980's in OKC. They must have hired nothing but aspiring actors and singers. I went there a few times but the food wasn't really that great and the constant interruptions for singing Happy Birthday etc got old quickly. A good kid place but not for adults.

GL2

Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I remember Molly Murphy's from the early 1980's in OKC. They must have hired nothing but aspiring actors and singers. I went there a few times but the food wasn't really that great and the constant interruptions for singing Happy Birthday etc got old quickly. A good kid place but not for adults.

GL2
Yeh, I don't really remember the food being all that special.

It was more about the "experience" and not the food at Molly Murphy's, which I'm guessing is why it didn't ultimately make it.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:36 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
Main thing I remember about the food is it was very generous proportions. Way more than I could eat. The last time I was there, our waiter insisted propping his shod foot on our table. Once I compained, his determination to do it incleased. I was all for having fun, but, not with his foot on our table. ))))) I never knew why it closed, but, when I went to the site upthread, it froze. It was all during a good time for those out and about in OKC.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
. She talks about "the incident" which caused the restaurant to close.
I realize this is a very old thread....but she doesn't talk about any incident. She only says to read the book.

So now I'm intrigued. What was the incident that caused the restaurant to close? Does anyone really know? I'm curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City