Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 10:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times

Advertisements

Have you already checked out this page? http://www.downtownokc.com/RealEstat...nforLease.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 12:34 PM

28 posts, read 53,994 times
I don't think so... The link posted doesn't work for me.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:53 PM

374 posts, read 806,825 times
LOL why do people do this to themselves.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
LOL why do people do this to themselves.
Well, somebody, a monitor, said before we are here to help each other. But I guess there's going to be some unfriendly person take exception to that idea, especially if the help doesn't turn out right.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post

Best neighbourhoods: The Paseo comes to mind. It's around the NW 30th and Classen area on east for a couple of miles. It's a really nice area, relatively safe, lots of arts and entertainment in the area. It's progressive and gay friendly.
That was my first thought. It's a positively lovely area. There are a lot of opportunities in that area. Recently while looking for a new place to live, I and a friend simply drove around. We found a lot of apartments for rent, most of which were in old office buildings turned into apartment dwellings. Some were exceptionally nice.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep any of the contact information, but in responding to signs in yards, I recall a lot of the rentals were listed on Zillow.

As far as being tornado safe.......I don't know of any area safe from an F5.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:57 PM

28 posts, read 53,994 times
Thanks Dale and Stillwater. We aren't taking Paseo off our list and I think you're right about driving around the neighborhood to find rentals. I've been reading about the Paseo neighborhood online and it seems like a neighborhood that is going through gentrification and is in need of people to move into the area to help with the revitalization. It sounds interesting and I don't mind being a pioneer as long as it's not too dangerous of an area. Again, I really appreciate the time you took to respond to my question. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Old 12-25-2013, 09:29 PM

533 posts, read 1,710,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingtookc View Post
I don't think so... The link posted doesn't work for me.
Try Real estate | DowntownOKC

Old 12-25-2013, 11:53 PM

241 posts, read 431,739 times
Quote:
Hello,
My partner accepted a great job opportunity and we are moving to OKC in less than a month. While I’m excited about a move I’m really nervous about Oklahoma (tornadoes and politics) We are looking to rent for a while, probably a year or 2 and would like to find a safe neighborhood that is at least somewhat gay friendly and close to downtown. We are looking for a 2 bedroom and would like to stay in the 1200-1400 per month rage. Do most of the new condo/apartment constructions downtown have tornado shelters? What areas should we avoid? I have been looking on craigslist for rentals and see a few in Deep Deuce and Brick town but I have no idea if those areas are safe? Outside of those areas, most other rentals seem really far away from downtown. I’m a RN and will be looking for a job as soon as I get into town. Any suggestions on good hospital systems in the area
Thanks for your help!
In all honesty, I really don't have that much to add, but big welcome to Oklahoma City and the state of Oklahoma! Hope you enjoy it here as you will find OKC is an awesome city and is on its way to becoming bigger than anyone thinks(trust me on that).

Old 12-26-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks Dale and Stillwater. We aren't taking Paseo off our list and I think you're right about driving around the neighborhood to find rentals. I've been reading about the Paseo neighborhood online and it seems like a neighborhood that is going through gentrification and is in need of people to move into the area to help with the revitalization. It sounds interesting and I don't mind being a pioneer as long as it's not too dangerous of an area. Again, I really appreciate the time you took to respond to my question. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Asians have been revitalizing that area. One of them started out with a small international grocery store and is now a huge one that sits on a square block with fake palm trees in the parking lot. Like I've said before it's one of the most interesting parts of OKC. Oklahoma City University is also in the neighborhood, adding to the interest. It tends to be a low income area, or at least has pockets of it. I don't know if it stands out for crime.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:57 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times
Default One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That was my first thought. It's a positively lovely area. There are a lot of opportunities in that area. Recently while looking for a new place to live, I and a friend simply drove around. We found a lot of apartments for rent, most of which were in old office buildings turned into apartment dwellings. Some were exceptionally nice.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep any of the contact information, but in responding to signs in yards, I recall a lot of the rentals were listed on Zillow.

As far as being tornado safe.......I don't know of any area safe from an F5.

Underground
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City