Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:33 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
...supporting Domestic Partnerships over Gays Marriage...
As has been pointed out (more than once), this means nothing other than "I do not support same sex marriage." Particularly since domestic partnerships are not the same as marriages nor do they carry the same legal rights and privilieges.

Quote:
He said let him without sin cast the first Stone ( Stoning To Death ) because he knew that none was without sin . thus saving the Woman Caught In Adultery Life That Day " Sending Her Away With Only This Statement " Go And Sin No More.
Why do you keep bringing biblical nonsense into this? What does this have to do with our laws? What does it have to do with the subject? Who never sins? Or re you saying consenting, committed loving couples are sinning, simply because they are homosexual?

This is exactly what I mean when I say there is not one single solitary reason whatsoever to oppose same sex marriage that does not stem from ignorance, bigotry, hate, fear, or some combination of those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
And yet untold millions of people, both heterosexual and homosexual, regularly engage in oral and anal sex. Is that an issue for you?

As for me and, I suspect, many others here, it's not homosexuality itself that is a "life or death" issue as you put it above; it's equal rights, liberty, and end to bigotry and discrimination.
Quote:
The Bible says...
Again--who freakin' cares? What does that have to do with anything?

Quote:
I haven't engaged in Heterosexual Oral and Anal Sex since 1980 to answer your question Griffis , I don't
need to.....LOL..What About You Griffis...LOL
Wow. You seem truly unhinged. I have to ask seriously, were you drunk or something when you wrote that? Why are you asking about my personal sexual activities? Pretty creepy.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:13 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Again--who freakin' cares? What does that have to do with anything?

Wow. You seem truly unhinged. I have to ask seriously, were you drunk or something when you wrote that? Why are you asking about my personal sexual activities? Pretty creepy.

[b]Quote Griffis Post # 92
And yet untold millions of people, both heterosexual and homosexual, regularly engage in oral and anal sex. Is that an issue for you?[/B
]

Depends on what part of the country you come from , people in Oklahoma don't talk about sex ' some people from California do ' ( you asked me about me personal sex life first and I told you ) I'm sorry if you are uncomfortable or feel ill at easy but life goes on.

Being drunk is a sin Griffis so why would you think that I was Drunk

Last edited by Howest2008; 05-06-2013 at 01:33 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 05:22 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,547,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I love the way the the bible thumpers open their bible and pick and choose which of God's words they are going to use as a weapon.
As usual.

And what they always forget, is that 1) this country was founded based on the FREEDOM of religion. Not religion; and 2) not everybody in this country is a Christian which is why there ought to be a seperation of Church and State.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
[/b][/u]

[b]Quote Griffis Post # 92
And yet untold millions of people, both heterosexual and homosexual, regularly engage in oral and anal sex. Is that an issue for you?[/B
]

...you asked me about me personal sex life first and I told you...
This is complete and utter BS. Why do you feel the need to resort to lying? Where did I ever ask about your sex life? I was asking if your bigotry ran so deep that you also used imaginary gods to condemn hetereosexuals who engage in sodomy. Had nothing to do with your personal sexual practices.

It is clear you not only have a significant reading/comprehension deficit, but I'm beginning to think (with good reason) that you have, at best, a very tenuous grasp on reality.

Quote:
I'm sorry if you are uncomfortable or feel ill at easy but life goes on.
Not uncomfortable or ill at "easy" (sic) at all. I really have no trouble discusing the issue (obviously) and no real problem even disclosing personal info of that nature--it's just that (like your left-field references to an ancient religion) it isn't really germane to the discussion at hand.

Quote:
Being drunk is a sin Griffis so why would you think that I was Drunk
Oh, so you are without sin? How nice for you. I guess that's why you feel so comfortable up on your high hill looking down and judging the rest of us.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
I've lived a pretty sheltered life myself and have only heard about the things people do when they are out partying and the like... still the amount of social progress we've made in the last 50 years is amazing... you'd be dumb not to see it.

Gay marriage will ultimately become fine eventually. Who cares what other people do in their personal lives. It is not a 'sin' and you are not going to 'hell' for it, and anybody who thinks so is just filled with incorrect programming. No offense intended. Same thing goes for other 'pleasureful' activities such as casual sex, drug and/or alcohol use, etc.

If it's not hurting anybody else, what does it matter. This coming from someone who does not party, do drugs, or even drink. Live and let live. If someone gets in your face for not drinking, then you can kick theirs... And believe me, it does get tiring hearing people only talk about their partying, drinking and sexual conquests... to me it's pretty boring and one dimensional but to each their own.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is complete and utter BS. Why do you feel the need to resort to lying? Where did I ever ask about your sex life? I was asking if your bigotry ran so deep that you also used imaginary gods to condemn hetereosexuals who engage in sodomy. Had nothing to do with your personal sexual practices.
Listen Griffis I'm getting sick of you and this circle debate that we constantly find ourselves in , so
this is the last response that you are getting from me....you are a waste of my time " but before I
go I'm going to hammer this one point home " California Gay Marriage is the same as California Gay Domestic Partnership.

I
Quote:
Quote:
t is clear you not only have a significant reading/comprehension deficit, but I'm beginning to think (with good reason) that you have, at best, a very tenuous grasp on reality.
O.K, from this moment on " never ask me anything regarding Homosexual or Heterosexual Oral or Anal Sex " rocket scientist ....California Gay Marriage is the same as California Gay Partnerships

Quote:
Quote:
Not uncomfortable or ill at "easy" (sic) at all. I really have no trouble discusing the issue (obviously) and no real problem even disclosing personal info of that nature--it's just that (like your left-field references to an ancient religion) it isn't really germane to the discussion at hand.
Put your big boy pants on and stop being a drama queen " I wasn't responding to you , but another poster " California Gay Marriage is Equal to California Gay Domestic Partnerships "

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, so you are without sin? How nice for you. I guess that's why you feel so comfortable up on your high hill looking down and judging the rest of us.
Bye Bye this is it as far as our discussion " California Gay Marriage is basically the same as California
Gay Domestic Partnerships " and that has nothing whatsoever to do with me " being a Anti-Gay Bigit "

Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance ( or a sexual orientation group )

Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,747 times
Quote:
Bye Bye this is it as far as our discussion " California Gay Marriage is basically the same as California
Gay Domestic Partnerships " and that has nothing whatsoever to do with me " being a Anti-Gay Bigit "

Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance ( or a sexual orientation group )
I just don't understand why it matters to you if it's called Marriage. Are you going to go around calling the marriage police if a couple of nasty lesbians talk about their wedding day and call it a marriage? Will there have to be laws put in place to make sure no print shops print invitations that say marriage for the mean old gals who are just hell bent to ruin your marriage thang? I guess you think the reason they want to get married is to set you off.

If you're so concerned about the sanctity of marriage maybe you should be working on banning divorce. Nothing ruins traditional marriage worst than divorce.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Definition of BIGOT
Yes, that definition suits you very well indeed.

You oppose gay marriage. Clearly, obviously, inarguably a discriminatory, bigoted stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma