Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times

Advertisements

Homosexual Marriage is a burnt out issue out here in California , and as a African American we tend to
believe that it will be legalized over the next 20 to 50 years.....

As a African American Californian Christian I don't believe in stopping SINNERS from SINNING because is theirs right given to them by ALMIGHTY GOD and not even (HE) will make a person go against theirs OWN
WILL , and GOD will not over ruled THE WILL OF A HUMAN BEING....

THE new cause by Homosexual Militants will be that Homosexuality is as NORMAL as HETEROSEXUALITY
see you at the next debate.....LOL....FOMC falling out of my chair....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 04:23 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,901,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Homosexual Marriage is a burnt out issue out here in California , and as a African American we tend to

As a African American Californian Christian I don't believe in stopping SINNERS from SINNING because is theirs right given to them by ALMIGHTY GOD and not even (HE) will make a person go against theirs OWN

THE new cause by Homosexual Militants will be that Homosexuality is as NORMAL as HETEROSEXUALITY
Try the next 20 to 50 days when the Supreme Court's ruling upholding the decision of the 9th circuit court of appeals overturning proposition 8 is announced. That should really send you over the edge haha!

Old 05-03-2013, 04:55 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,225,589 times
Quote:

Did you ever curse your parents? Sleep around with someone who was married or when you were married? Same book of the bible that talks about homosexuality says you are condemned to death. As a black man how do you feel about the part of the that endorses slavery?

Bigotry cloaked in religion is still bigotry.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:10 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Please tell me something Griffis are you a Homosexual " yes or no yea or nay "
Nope, not gay. If I was, I would be open and proud about it. Just happen not to be. I'm just an advocate of equal rights and a fighter against discrimination and bigotry.

I do, however, have gay friends and family members.

Quote:
because you need to
Chillax with the name calling and expressions of suppressed angry and hatred " toward folks that
disagree with you.
I haven't called anyone any names. If somene makes ignorant, bigoted comments, and I call them an ignorant bigot, that's not name calling. It's simply an accurate and valid description of them based on their very posts.

I DO get angry when a group is discriminated against. And I AM bigoted--against bigots. And I AM intolerant--of intolerance.

To be bigoted against bigotry and intolerant of intolerance is the exact, correct and proper response to those things.

Quote:
And just to comment on a few of your points , you haven't shown one shread of evident showing
that Homosexual Marriage and Domestic Partnerships and Civil Unions aren't equal.
I believe this has already been done on this thread. I know I've posted the same info a number of different places on this forum, but if it will help you overcome your ignorance, yes, I will post some.

Quote:
And regarding Oral Roberts , he built a city within a city with Oral Robert University and the city of
faith " go out to 81st Street and see for yourself.
Sheesh. I know, I know. I used to live right by that huge tacky eyesore. What an incredible waste of money, just to line the pockets of Oral and Richard with their hypocritical, loonybat BS. Nobody in the world of academia would ever consider ORU an actual university. That's a joke. All Oral ever did wass prey on the weak-minded in order to make himself wealthier.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Here Howest, just for starters:

Quote:
How is a civil union different from marriage?

Couples who have a civil union will not have any of the protections or responsibilities federal law provides to married couples. These include social security survivors’ and spousal benefits, federal veterans’ spousal benefits, immigration rights associated with marriage, federal spousal employment benefits, the right to file joint federal tax returns, exemptions from income tax on your partner’s health benefits, the federal exemption from inheritance tax, and many other federal protections which are denied same-sex couples whether legally joined in a civil union or a civil marriage.

Also, most other states will not recognize the legal status of your civil union, even though they would recognize the Illinois marriage of a different-sex couple. This means that when you travel or if you move to another state or country, your union may not be recognized. As a result, you should considering taking certain precautions before you travel, such as executing health care and financial powers of attorney and carrying those with you.

Finally, the most important difference between civil unions and marriage for many individuals is the second-class nature of civil unions. Civil marriage is a widely recognized and respected social structure for two people who have committed to build their life together. Civil unions are not universally understood. It is unclear whether they will be given the same level of respect as marriage in Illinois and elsewhere. What is already clear is that different-sex couples get to choose whether to enter a civil marriage or a civil union; lesbian and gay male couples are given only the civil union option.
Marriage & Civil Unions » It's Personal

In your bigotry-endorsing mind, the ACLU is probably some crazy group of fanatic liberals (even though they do a great deal to support the rights of Christians and other groups)--however, this information is solid. If you want more, or different sources, I'm happy to provide. I could fill pages on the differences between civil unions, dom partnerships and marriage. The former two carry little to none of the legal rights of a marriage.

Hopefully this will educate you a bit so you are not as likely to spout misinformation and pure dee crap.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 PM

Default So

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Try the next 20 to 50 days when the Supreme Court's ruling upholding the decision of the 9th circuit court of appeals overturning proposition 8 is announced. That should really send you over the edge haha!
So if this does happen " What does it has to do with the price of tea in China " that's the important
issue of the day.

Quote:
Quote:
T. Damon That should really send you over the edge haha
I don't want to offend you " no harm injury or foul " but you sound just like a kid. , and like a person that don't know me very well by even thinking such a thing about me imagine thinking that way about me...I never took Homosexual Marriage as that Life & Death Issue that would totally destroy me and have me crying big crocodile tears into my bowl of breakfast cereal....LOL

Have A Good Dy Damon

Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,901,726 times
Um... I'm not the one shouting about sin and sinners and what God thinks is normal.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Here Howest, just for starters:

Quote:
How is a civil union different from marriage?

Couples who have a civil union will not have any of the protections or responsibilities federal law provides to married couples. These include social security survivors’ and spousal benefits, federal veterans’ spousal benefits, immigration rights associated with marriage, federal spousal employment benefits, the right to file joint federal tax returns, exemptions from income tax on your partner’s health benefits, the federal exemption from inheritance tax, and many other federal protections which are denied same-sex couples whether legally joined in a civil union or a civil marriage

Marriage & Civil Unions » It's Personal

In your bigotry-endorsing mind, the ACLU is probably some crazy group of fanatic liberals (even though they do a great deal to support the rights of Christians and other groups)--however, this information is solid. If you want more, or different sources, I'm happy to provide. I could fill pages on the differences between civil unions, dom partnerships and marriage. The former two carry little to none of the legal rights of a marriage.

Hopefully this will educate you a bit so you are not as likely to spout misinformation and pure dee crap.
We are talking Apples and Pineapples " I'm talking benefits and rights given by the States...

You talking Federal Rights...and I agree with you (but) there's nothing the states can do with the
Federal Government " so you are being dishonest saying That (DP California) aren't equal to
Marriage.

I think that I used the ACLU once in my teens and twentys and once was a Liberal , I'm not a
conservatist and certainly not a religious right winger ( or a Bigoty ) Bye Bye my grand daughter
demand my attention.... lol

Old 05-03-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Um... I'm not the one shouting about sin and sinners and what God thinks is normal.
What do you think is normal Damon " a penis is designed for the sexual use on another man " or just
maybe that " a vagina is designed to function on another woman " or maybe just like soup and sandwich
and love and marriage penis and vagina go together.......LOL...falling out of my chair FOMC

Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,312 times

Missouri Pastor Phil Snider Fiery Controversial Anti Gay Rights Speech Has Surprise Ending PWND - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma