Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:35 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Oh really, so the earth is flat?[/QUOTE
]

The BIBLE says that the earth is Round , however the egg heads used to say that it was flat until some hundreds of years ago......LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 07:16 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Education is the enemy of religion.
So untrue. Go read "Galileo Must Die" written by an atheist Harvard professor, and other historians, experts, who did the myth-busting for this.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:52 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I feel sorry for the good folks of Oklahoma that still have to deal with idiotic nonsense like this.
Well, this kind of idiotic nonsense isn't confned to Oklahoma, of course, but yeah, it can be embarrassing. I think of Oral Roberts as a prime Oklahoma example of that kind of thing, claiming he saw a 900 foot Jesus exhorting him to raise money for some new campus building.

People fall for that kind of BS and grift when you throw out that 'Jesus' name.

It's sad we still have people who endorse discrimination and bigotry and who think science is a global plot with Satan behind the scenes, trying to dupe people into disbelieving the cration myths from The Book of Genesis. It's lunacy.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Well, this kind of idiotic nonsense isn't confned to Oklahoma, of course, but yeah, it can be embarrassing. I think of Oral Roberts as a prime Oklahoma example of that kind of thing, claiming he saw a 900 foot Jesus exhorting him to raise money for some new campus building.

People fall for that kind of BS and grift when you throw out that 'Jesus' name.

It's sad we still have people who endorse discrimination and bigotry and who think science is a global plot with Satan behind the scenes, trying to dupe people into disbelieving the cration myths from The Book of Genesis. It's lunacy.
Alright I will grant you this it's your prerogative to believe what you believe , but please don't put us
dumb Christian in prison or dummy intervention school reeducational school....LOL...FOMC Falling Out
Of My Chair.....

Oral Roberts along with Tulsa Oil Barons along with a selected few of it's Billionaires are the ONES THAT MADE TULSA what it is today.

Without them TULSA OKLAHOMA would be nothing but a PLAIN JANE CITY ON THE PLAINS...LOL...FOMC

Old 05-03-2013, 07:03 AM

Let me tell you what I would have done if I was a Oklahoma Elected Official , stayed in the session and
promoted Homosexual Domestic Partnerships over Homosexual Marriage , because you know they both
grant Homosexuals equal rights once the Federal Government is dealt with

States ( Any of the 50 States ) can not grant Homosexual Equal Rights ( of that of Heteosexual Marriage ) that's something that only the Federal Government can grant.........

Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
...please don't put us
dumb Christian in prison or dummy intervention school reeducational school....LOL...FOMC Falling Out
Of My Chair....
Let's roll back the paranoid persecution complex a bit, shall we?

First off, as I have said here and elsewhere more times than I can count, I am honored to know many Christians and number many of them among my friends and family. More than a few of these people are far more intelligent than I.

The vast majority of Christians are reasonable, intelligent, kind people.

Unfortunately, the rightwing fundamentalist/literalist streak of Christianity is more prevalent (or at least more vocal) in this state than in many others.

If there were EVER a move to "ban" Christianity or outlaw it, or to actually have systematic discrimination against Christians, their places of worship, etc. you can trust that I will be the first person raising my voice (and fists, if necessary) to protect the rights of believers.

I just do not feel that religious belief should play a part in legislation. Pretty simple. Because when that happens, it automatically causes other groups to be marginalized or discriminated against. Sally Kern (for example) standing before the House of Reps talking asinine, alarmist BS and nonsense about how homosexuals are a threat and are worse than terrorists, etc., and then being applauded for it, should disgust and shock every voter in the state. It's unconscionable, ignorant, arrogant and hateful garbage, and nothing but.

And she's said equally nonsensical, ignorant, hateful things about women and minorities. I believe in free speech, but sometimes a person would do well with a muzzle.

Quote:
Oral Roberts along with Tulsa Oil Barons along with a selected few of it's Billionaires are the ONES THAT MADE TULSA what it is today.
I disagree. I think Tulsa would have been just fine and plenty prosperous without the idiotic, lying lunatic Oral Roberts, and there are plenty who would agree with me. Most of what Oral and his family did in Tulsa benefitted The Oral Roberts Family and not Tulsa as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Let me tell you what I would have done if I was a Oklahoma Elected Official , stayed in the session and
promoted Homosexual Domestic Partnerships over Homosexual Marriage , because you know they both
grant Homosexuals equal rights once the Federal Government is dealt with...
As has already been pointed out to you on this thread, with citations and plenty of documentation, you could not be more wrong. Dom Partnerships, Civil Unions, etc. DO NOT grant the same rights, privileges or legal ramifications os marriage.

Quote:
States ( Any of the 50 States ) can not grant Homosexual Equal Rights ( of that of Heteosexual Marriage ) that's something that only the Federal Government can grant.........
And yet some states have legalized it (!)

Once again, you should educate yourself before you just start flinging baseless opinion and claiming that it is fact instead of a pile of poo.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Oklahoma might as well legalize gay marriage? What's the worst thing that would happen? The Phelps bunch showing up to protest the first legal same sex marriage license issued in Oklahoma? And then that would only confirm Oklahoma had done the right thing.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Let's roll back the paranoid persecution complex a bit, shall we?

First off, as I have said here and elsewhere more times than I can count, I am honored to know many Christians and number many of them among my friends and family. More than a few of these people are far more intelligent than I.

The vast majority of Christians are reasonable, intelligent, kind people.

Unfortunately, the rightwing fundamentalist/literalist streak of Christianity is more prevalent (or at least more vocal) in this state than in many others.

If there were EVER a move to "ban" Christianity or outlaw it, or to actually have systematic discrimination against Christians, their places of worship, etc. you can trust that I will be the first person raising my voice (and fists, if necessary) to protect the rights of believers.

I just do not feel that religious belief should play a part in legislation. Pretty simple. Because when that happens, it automatically causes other groups to be marginalized or discriminated against. Sally Kern (for example) standing before the House of Reps talking asinine, alarmist BS and nonsense about how homosexuals are a threat and are worse than terrorists, etc., and then being applauded for it, should disgust and shock every voter in the state. It's unconscionable, ignorant, arrogant and hateful garbage, and nothing but.

And she's said equally nonsensical, ignorant, hateful things about women and minorities. I believe in free speech, but sometimes a person would do well with a muzzle.

I disagree. I think Tulsa would have been just fine and plenty prosperous without the idiotic, lying lunatic Oral Roberts, and there are plenty who would agree with me. Most of what Oral and his family did in Tulsa benefitted The Oral Roberts Family and not Tulsa as a whole.

As has already been pointed out to you on this thread, with citations and plenty of documentation, you could not be more wrong. Dom Partnerships, Civil Unions, etc. DO NOT grant the same rights, privileges or legal ramifications os marriage.

And yet some states have legalized it (!)

Once again, you should educate yourself before you just start flinging baseless opinion and claiming that it is fact instead of a pile of poo.
Please tell me something Griffis are you a Homosexual " yes or no yea or nay " because you need to
Chillax with the name calling and expressions of suppressed angry and hatred " toward folks that
disagree with you.

And just to comment on a few of your points , you haven't shown one shread of evident showing
that Homosexual Marriage and Domestic Partnerships and Civil Unions aren't equal.

There are Ten States where Homosexual Marriage is legal and Ten States where Homosexual Marriages
are not equal with Heterosexual Marriage.

States That Recognize Homosexual Marriage
Same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Will you as soom as possible make out a list of benefits that Homosexual Marriage has that Domestic
Partnership doesn't have.

And regarding Oral Roberts , he built a city within a city with Oral Robert University and the city of
faith " go out to 81st Street and see for yourself.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 PM

893 posts, read 1,207,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
So untrue. Go read "Galileo Must Die" written by an atheist Harvard professor, and other historians, experts, who did the myth-busting for this.
It is true though. The more educated someone becomes (aka the more intelligent they become), the less inclined they are to believe all the bull**** that religion teaches. Therefore, more education = less followers = education is essentially religion's "enemy".

I mean just look at the premise for this thread. Religious people are outraged that gay people could get married. Why? Who cares? Any half-intelligent person can clearly see that there is no good reason to oppose it, especially since it doesn't even affect anyone else. So who are these mongs that are against it? Just idiots who follow a religion that tells them "it's bad". The more intelligent that people become, the more they will reject these idiotic ideas that religion has, and the sooner religions will go away. That's bad for religion, but good for society.

Also, I searched for your book on both google and amazon and it doesn't seem to exist...

Old 05-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
It is true though. The more educated someone becomes (aka the more intelligent they become), the less inclined they are to believe all the bull**** that religion teaches. Therefore, more education = less followers = education is essentially religion's "enemy".

I mean just look at the premise for this thread. Religious people are outraged that gay people could get married. Why? Who cares? Any half-intelligent person can clearly see that there is no good reason to oppose it, especially since it doesn't even affect anyone else. So who are these mongs that are against it? Just idiots who follow a religion that tells them "it's bad". The more intelligent that people become, the more they will reject these idiotic ideas that religion has, and the sooner religions will go away. That's bad for religion, but good for society.

Also, I searched for your book on both google and amazon and it doesn't seem to exist...
Yet POTUS Bill Clinton and Barack Obama Honor Grad of Harvard University The Greatest University
in The World believe in GOD and are CHRISTIAN go figure will you........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma