Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:17 PM

437 posts, read 547,958 times

Advertisements

Clearly a race issue. If the fact that they picked a random white to kill wasn't enough proof for u then explain the black power picture on chancey Luna's FB, the "I hate 90 % of white people" post on his twitter and the other black suspects post that said "since Zimmerman I've knocked off 5 peckerwoods".

The fact that this wasn't considered a hate crime means that now we can 100% realize that hate crime stats mean absolutely nothing at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 11:19 PM

Whoever said the south has better race relations than the north clearly doesn't know what's going on. Black on white random Killings like this Oklahoma one are actually very common in Florida and Georgia and probably the rest of the south too.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel-a-lot View Post
Whoever said the south has better race relations than the north clearly doesn't know what's going on. Black on white random Killings like this Oklahoma one are actually very common in Florida and Georgia and probably the rest of the south too.
Then why don't they get in the news world wide?

Old 08-25-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why don't they get in the news world wide?
Because most times the victims aren't from across the pond so it makes no news outside of the county or city it takes place for a day. Even then race is never ever brought up in any of them so people stay ignorant unless they check the race of the perp and victim themselves.

Look up Shawn Tyson of Sarasota Florida. He killed 2 Brits for no reason an it made international news as well but of course race isn't mentioned

Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
The united states is a very violent country esp when compared to small countries like australia & great britian. I feel for the family of chris lane & oaklahoma will get pressure from australia to give those 3 thugs the max penality for murder. I dont feel safe living here in yucaipa, ca (pop 41k) like i did just a few yrs back. I dont own a gun.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
What are you talking about? These left wing crazies are the ones that bring up race.
It makes no difference to me who brings it up. All I'm saying is that race/politics should be left out of it. At least until after the trial. If that's too hard for anyone to understand, then it's useless for me to comment any more. Bye.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:37 AM

641 posts, read 1,073,107 times
Why would we wait until AFTER the trial? OUR SIDE did not invent this 'hate crime" bull****. We would just like to see the standard applied fairly. Is that too hard for you to understand? bye.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:19 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
All I'm saying is that race/politics should be left out of it. At least until after the trial.
So, after the trial we can race bash all we want? How about we have the discussion up front, letting people know that racism is not acceptable, and that indulging in violent racial situations will get you convicted for a long long time. And that that dialogue will continue every day all day until people wake up to the fact that racism is not acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
If that's too hard for anyone to understand, then it's useless for me to comment any more.
good, because so far you don't make any sense at all.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:32 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,868 times
Ok. Yall have forced me again. See if yall can comprehend this... The reason that OJ Simpson was found innocent of murder was because the race card was brought into play during his trial. A detective was found to have said the N word in a totally unrelated incident. If this hadn't have happened OJ would have been found guilty of a double murder of two white people. I do not want this to happened in this case. I want these murderers to be found guilty. Lawyers using the race card can do things with the race card to make a jury vote in an opposite way than they would have voted if the race card was never introduced. The evidence against OJ was overwelmingly against him. The N word was the deciding factor in finding him innocent. This murder victim deserves better.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:09 PM

641 posts, read 1,073,107 times
OK, sounds like we can win this case, but we have already lost the country. But I get your drift. I think a race war is being waged in the media (and apparently in dark alleys and empty streets).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma