Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,417,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Un-provoked serious crimes are tough to stomach. Add to that the victim was probably a good bloke, that for many of us if we shared a beer with him and talked sport and whatever else we cared to, it would be enjoyable.

Not to mention he was likely to have been a good contributor to society. Must be unbelievably difficult to deal with for his friends and family and my thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to them.
Absolutely!!! What a shame for this to happen. My prayers to the family and friends also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,283 times
Default I know. I live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Anyone have an idea when the last murder in Duncan happened?
The last murder we had in Duncan was on June 10, 2013. A 14 year old girl was stabbed to death in her home allegedly by an ex-boyfriend (age 16). He is in custody. Another teenager was allegedly the ex-boyfriend's lookout during the murder.

Prior to these two murders this summer, I can't remember another murder recently in Duncan, but I may be forgetting something at the moment. There's been a lot going on lately. (A young girl was murdered in Velma, Oklahoma, last year. Velma is about 19 miles east of Duncan.)

Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,210,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Except you don't know what "color" I am (or my kid is).
Nor do I care.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 AM

138 posts, read 164,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
The last murder we had in Duncan was on June 10, 2013. A 14 year old girl was stabbed to death in her home allegedly by an ex-boyfriend (age 16). He is in custody. Another teenager was allegedly the ex-boyfriend's lookout during the murder.

Prior to these two murders this summer, I can't remember another murder recently in Duncan, but I may be forgetting something at the moment. There's been a lot going on lately. (A young girl was murdered in Velma, Oklahoma, last year. Velma is about 19 miles east of Duncan.)
I dont know whats more disturbing, the 16 year old killing the girl or the friend being the "lookout" for the murder. How in the hell does one sit there as a lookout knowing a 14 year old girl is about to be attacked and stabbed?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Nor do I care.
Then don't cleverly chime in when someone is being accused of bigotry.

Back on Topic - Based on news reports coming out in the last 24 hours (comments & tweets from the shooters).... This is within the definition of a "Hate Crime". They (the media) need to report it as one, & political leaders need to call it one......or they (the media & politicians) need to do away with this term & reverse the legislation.

If not, we have a new reality (based on two recent high profile killings):

- white guy kills black guy in self defense - possible hate crime.

- black (or mixed race) guy kills australian guy in the back (because he's white) - boredom crime.

Conclusion - I'd like to see everyone stop playing the race card (in all areas of life) & I'd like to see OK fry all three of these bottom feeders (including the apparent white guy who was charged with the lower offense).

Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 AM

1,980 posts, read 3,773,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
It means absolutely nothing. Hopefully the variance in their skin tones will make some morons stop trying to make this about race, though.
It's not about race, it is about culture.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:15 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,773,906 times
So it was a hate crime:

https://twitter.com/JAMESAKABUG/stat...44054915477506

Where are all those folks wanting to lynch that Latino neighborhood watchmen in Florida now?

*crickets*

Old 08-22-2013, 01:36 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,210,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Then don't cleverly chime in when someone is being accused of bigotry.
I call it like I see it. Your skin color doesn't change your words.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:16 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
I call it like I see it. Your skin color doesn't change your words.
Hilarious. So my "words" indicate bigotry. You haven't pasted one word that might illustrate this, and your posts are so cryptic, no one would know what you are seeing. "I call it like i see it", indeed. Whatever....my words, beliefs & actions indicate no bigotry.

Back to the senseless Tragedy - It appears that the News outlets in other countries are publishing much more information than American news outlets (who apparently don't want offend the "hope & change" crowd).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-arrested.html

Lots of interesting info, pictures & links in this article from the Daily Mail (England).

Last edited by hound 109; 08-22-2013 at 03:12 PM..

Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,862,513 times
People shouldn't be judged on skin color. They should be judged on character!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma