Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:41 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times

Advertisements

I mostly cut out the refined carbs. Unless the peanut butter has added sugar, it would be OK on my diet, but not the jelly or bread. You can get jelly that is sugar free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 01:30 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
The reason my diet resolution is to cut out "processed" foods is because of all the hidden sugar (especially High Fructose Corn Syrup) in them. Once you start reading labels, you wouldn't BELIEVE all the things this stuff is in. Even things you don't think of as being "sweet", like a loaf of bread or a jar of spaghetti sauce, or canned vegetables, will have corn sweetener or other sugar in it. Also, most processed foods contain too much trans-fat and sodium. I've concluded there is a direct link between the amount of highly processed foods we eat in these times and our weight problems. Well, that and today's sedentary lifestyles. Avoding processed and fast foods is a challenge because I work full-time, commute two hours a day, and am raising two teenagers on my own, but I'm determined it can be done.

I also bought a jumprope. Still think you're in the same great shape you were in 20 years ago? Just buy a jumprope and give it a try! OMG try it and see!! I half laughed/cried when I tried it for the first time! I quit smoking for good seven years ago, which I'm so thankful for. However, I gained the usual 20 pounds, and have been carrying around the extra weight ever since. I'm sick and tired of not being able to wear many of the stylish, two-sizes smaller clothes that have been hanging in my closet for all these years. I'm looking for an improved lifestyle change when we relocate, I hope to bring a "new me" along as well!

Old 01-04-2008, 05:57 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Red face Mickey Dee

I had a 10 hour day today and was super tired. We had to rush to Wallyworld for inhaler for Don as soon as I got home. So while there I failed miserably and had a double quarter pounder and super size fries. That's 740 calories for burger and 540 for the fires, but I DID have a diet coke!!!

I can feel my arteries hardening as we speak.

P.S. Had three horses in my front yard last night. They are getting brave. You guys would've laughed your heads off if you could have seen me chasing them. They said try and catch us fat boy! The saga of redbird vs stray horses continues...

Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I had a 10 hour day today and was super tired. We had to rush to Wallyworld for inhaler for Don as soon as I got home. So while there I failed miserably and had a double quarter pounder and super size fries. That's 740 calories for burger and 540 for the fires, but I DID have a diet coke!!!

I can feel my arteries hardening as we speak.

P.S. Had three horses in my front yard last night. They are getting brave. You guys would've laughed your heads off if you could have seen me chasing them. They said try and catch us fat boy! The saga of redbird vs stray horses continues...
Your problem with the strays is that you chase them. They think you're playing tag. What you need to do is get a bucket with a handful of oats and make them come to you, then you can do whatever you want with them. Of course, if they figure out they'll get a treat for trespassing, they might just move on in to stay.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:37 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
LMAO at redbird. I had a steak sandwich for dinner and fries, but, I too had a diet coke! (Actually, it was a diet dr. pepper.)

Old 01-04-2008, 07:46 PM

Smile Oh how true!

Quote:
I am striving to cut down on my breads, rice and pasta type foods. But chips is my downfall. Tortilla chips and salsa.

What are we supposed to take to work for lunch?? I'm a PPJ kind of guy and got thrashed for all the carbs in PB. That is where I get frustrated. Too many experts out there.

I will promise to walk as much as I can.
Just when I thought I had it all figured out with this low carb thing, the next article I read said high carb was the way to go. Then I read that exercising doesn't work, it makes you hungry. (This was a serious article, I kid you not.)
Then I read that if you quit eating red meat, you'll lose weight, then, you need to eat lean beef; its good for you for a lot of reasons. Then Dr. Phil says you don't need willpower to lose weight, and diets never work. Then I read that you need willpower, and a strict diet.
Do you like salads redbird? I love salads, but not low fat or no fat dressing.I do like vinegar and oil tho, so I need to use that. I'll have to use plain vinegar tho, because I can't stand the "sweet" type.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:59 PM

Hiya Fat Boys and Girls! (cringe)

There are way too many skinny experts on health and nutrition.

And please don't tell me the best exercise is to push away from the table!! I already get that at home.

(OFF TOPIC! Neg point!) As for the horses, I like chasing them because they raise their tails when they run and it looks really cool when they run. It is exhilerating for me and my dogs. Even my little poodle mix Maggie Lou, age 11, came out to chase horses.

Of course, the horses are 50 yards ahead of us, so there is no danger of her getting stomped. We have a horse corral and I am going to open that gate and see I can get them in there next time.

Maybe I should hire Peg and her husband to come out and leave a trail of pecans leading to the corral.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
I mostly cut out the refined carbs.
All my carbs are uncouth, and I never raise my pinkie when eating them.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:14 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,323,429 times
Quote:
Hiya Fat Boys and Girls! (cringe)

(OFF TOPIC! Neg point!) As for the horses, I like chasing them because they raise their tails when they run and it looks really cool when they run. It is exhilerating for me and my dogs. Even my little poodle mix Maggie Lou, age 11, came out to chase horses.

Of course, the horses are 50 yards ahead of us, so there is no danger of her getting stomped. We have a horse corral and I am going to open that gate and see I can get them in there next time.

Maybe I should hire Peg and her husband to come out and leave a trail of pecans leading to the corral.
Is not! I was trying to be delicate about it, but horsemeat is a delicacy in parts of the world. Has been here, too, and not all that long ago. I knew some people back in the early '70s who were college students in Portland, OR, who pretty much lived on it because it was so much cheaper than beef.

Me, I'd have to be starving first. I just can't bring myself to butcher anything I'm on a first name basis with, most especiallly not companion animals - and as far as I'm concerned, horses are just as much companions as dogs and cats and cage birds. Chickens, on the other hand...

Old 01-04-2008, 10:38 PM

Default And, I could never eat....................

Bambi's relatives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma