Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:42 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb123 View Post
Colleen, that is GREAT news! The same wages as NJ - even better! Put those 2 hormonally challenged teens to work for you. They can burn up some of that energy. (Hope your wrist is better).
Well, one of the teens has to drive my husband's car, following me in my PU truck. Now, I love the boy dearly, but he is REALLY clueless when it comes to directions. He could get lost in a phone booth. At least we'll both have cell phones so we can stay in touch. I can't tell you how many times he's called me from the road with the same line "mom, where am I?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 04:34 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,447 times
That's terrific news! Looks like things worked out for you all...Now the hard part...PACKING and moving it all....

Old 02-13-2008, 05:59 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Well, one of the teens has to drive my husband's car, following me in my PU truck. Now, I love the boy dearly, but he is REALLY clueless when it comes to directions. He could get lost in a phone booth. At least we'll both have cell phones so we can stay in touch. I can't tell you how many times he's called me from the road with the same line "mom, where am I?"
I'm jealous!

Have you considered having a towing hitch put on your truck and just pulling the car?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
I'm jealous!

Have you considered having a towing hitch put on your truck and just pulling the car?
\

Then they would both be in the truck with me and the dog, and I would have to listen to them fight the entire time about who's music they want to listen to; and who gets to sit in the front; and who needs to move the seat up further; and who better stop rolling the window down because I'm freezing; and who's turn it is to walk the dog; and who better stop spilling soda all over the place because I'm sticky, and who . . . . .

You get the picture?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
\

Then they would both be in the truck with me and the dog, and I would have to listen to them fight the entire time about who's music they want to listen to; and who gets to sit in the front; and who needs to move the seat up further; and who better stop rolling the window down because I'm freezing; and who's turn it is to walk the dog; and who better stop spilling soda all over the place because I'm sticky, and who . . . . .

You get the picture?
Is there a law against riding in a towed car?

Old 02-14-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Is there a law against riding in a towed car?
Probably. If there isn't, maybe I'll ride in the towed car!

Old 02-14-2008, 06:23 AM

657 posts, read 1,600,177 times
not sure if it's legal (probably varies from state to state) but from safety's standpoint, i highly discourage it. no need to go gettin yourself hurt on your way to the homeland.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:54 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
So what will Doug's commute be like?

Old 02-14-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
So what will Doug's commute be like?
According to Mapquest, it's a 33 minute commute from Mustang. His job is on I-44 Service Road. Right now he commutes from our house in NJ to his job in PA in about 40 minutes. He was stranded in Memphis yesterday due to weather conditions in Philadelphia, so my world weary traveler should be home today around 1:00.

Dr took off my cast today, said it was healing nicely, and put me in a splint. He has me out of work until the 20th of February. I need that time to get everything packed here. I already put in my resignation effective Feb. 26, which will also give me a few days. The movers are coming on the 29th. Doug will most likely leave the 26th.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:16 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,621,625 times
Things are moving very fast! You all have a lot to do in a short time. Glad you got your cast off too.

33 minutes is not a great commute, but is not bad either. I'm really glad things have worked out so well for your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma