Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I was going to ask you the same thing.

I'm not a fan of her style, as she's a bit shrill, but lets hear some examples of her promoting "ignorance", the "progressive" left's code word for any opinion that doesn't match theirs.
We can start with her staunch stance against any form of sex education that isn't "abstinence only" and constant demonizing of anyone who isn't a Christian, moral Conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 12:34 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
We can start with her staunch stance against any form of sex education that isn't "abstinence only" and constant demonizing of anyone who isn't a Christian, moral Conservative.
Reasonable and educated people can and do disagree about what is and what isn't appropriate sexual behavior.

Your statement sounds to me like an extremist interpretation of whatever she has, in fact, actually said on the subject. Particularly the "demonizing" comment. But for the sake of discussion let's just say it were true. That is not ignorance - it is simply a viewpoint that differs from yours and that you therefore don't like.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,547,956 times
Quote:
Yeah that's just what we need. More Faux News idiots to bring their propaganda here.
at least fox allows both sides to be heard.

when has the Omaha World Herald or MSNBC ever allowed both sides to be heard.

Omaha is mostly runned by leftist who shove their opinions and agenda
down people's throats. why cant Omaha at least hear what conservatives think on a issue.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah that's just what we need. More Faux News idiots to bring their propaganda here.
btw, how has she lied. or is it because she isnt a leftist, she is somehow pushing propaganda.

bosco and granite: have u ever listened to her radio show?

Old 07-31-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I am an Independent and find her views short-sighted and plays up to the fear mongerers. You have seen her on TV? She looks angry and shrill. Lots of wasted energy.

granite: who do you listen to? cause if you listen to MSNBC mostly, you arent really a independent. you are a leftist.

MSNBC, where we shill for Obama and Pelosi weedays and air reruns of Lockup and to catch a predator non-stop on weekends.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:43 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
granite: who do you listen to? cause if you listen to MSNBC mostly, you arent really a independent. you are a leftist.

MSNBC, where we shill for Obama and Pelosi weedays and air reruns of Lockup and to catch a predator non-stop on weekends.
I don't watch TV. My individual opinions differ when it comes to various issues. Then again, many in the Plains/Midwest do not appreciate the fine attention to semantics and nuances of a particular argument. I don't ever see things from a strict black or white perspective.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
I am an Independent and find her views short-sighted and plays up to the fear mongerers. You have seen her on TV? She looks angry and shrill. Lots of wasted energy.
Quote:
I don't watch TV. My individual opinions differ when it comes to various issues. Then again, many in the Plains/Midwest do not appreciate the fine attention to semantics and nuances of a particular argument. I don't ever see things from a strict black or white perspective.

Help us out here, GS. If you don't watch TV, how have you seen how Laura Ingraham looks on TV?

Now I'm doing my best, though with some difficulty, not to interpret
Quote:
many in the Plains/Midwest do not appreciate the fine attention to semantics and nuances of a particular argument
as a broad brush put down of people in the Midwest. If that is not the impression you want to leave, I think you should explain more clearly and perhaps also explain how your comment relates to the question asked.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Reasonable and educated people can and do disagree about what is and what isn't appropriate sexual behavior.
Reasonable and educated people don't try to push moral based abstinence only education into the public school system despite it being an abject failure, while fighting vehemently against anything to the contrary, like education on safe sex.

Quote:
Your statement sounds to me like an extremist interpretation of whatever she has, in fact, actually said on the subject. Particularly the "demonizing" comment.
There is no "extremist interpretation" needed. She's made her views plenty well known in several books and countless radio and television spots.

Quote:
But for the sake of discussion let's just say it were true. That is not ignorance - it is simply a viewpoint that differs from yours and that you therefore don't like.
Actually, I couldn't care less if she holds the mentally retarded social views she does, that's her business. When she attempts to enforce those views through the public school system, then we have a problem.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
at least fox allows both sides to be heard.
You mean when they'll bring on guests from both sides of the spectrum and allow the conservative, right leaning ones to state their views without issue but the liberal guests are attacked, interrupted and talked over? Laura Ingraham is famous for this and I personally watched her do it when she was interviewing two people from Wisconsin regarding their sex ed laws.

Quote:
when has the Omaha World Herald or MSNBC ever allowed both sides to be heard.
You realize Ingraham herself got her television start on MSNBC right? Joe Scarborough also hosts a show on there and he's a very staunch conservative.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 PM

303 posts, read 981,022 times
Billiefan2000, just tune them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: