Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:34 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,548,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
Hey, Bosco55David makes more sense to me than most of the old folks on this thread, and I'm 56. Sex education isn't "progressive"; and besides, you can pull your kid out if you want to. Heck, I had sex education in a Catholic High School in the early 1970's and we covered everything, even same sex relationships.
glad someone admits MSNBC is on the left.

since Bosco and others wont answer my question:

can you name me a conservative news reporter at the omaha world herald cause most of it's reporters are politically liberal and a lie has been made that OWH is somehow a far-right newspaper which is a lie that has been pumped to death.

we know Josefine Loza and Michaela Saunders and Cindy Gonzalez and Leia Baez-Mendoza and Robert Nelson and Rainbow Rowell and Kevin Coffey are all liberal journalists at OWH.

yet I dont know of any OWH reporters or columnists who are conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 03:58 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
You're sure acting like you fear the Bible. Honestly...I don't think we should be using it to teach curriculum...we go that route and we'll have islamic shariah law in the name of fairness.
I look at all religion like a loaded gun. By itself or in the hands of an educated person, it's safe. In the hands of a fool or someone with bad intentions, you usually get problems. If the later wants to end up blowing their own brains out, that's their problem. When they start waving the gun around others though, that's an issue.

Quote:
But to ban it entirely and not even allow it in for a club or even as a literary study is weak, imo.
I thought we were in agreement on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I don't mind if they want to have their clubs there. That's perfectly fine with me. Now having educational curriculum based off of any type of religious belief is where I start drawing lines.
Quote:
Jesus also commanded that we go forth and spread the gospel. So to suggest that we all just live our lives and whatever happens will happen is weak. In a sense, you're imposing your beliefs on me by suggesting that a laisez-faire attitude is better than intentional prosletyzing.
In this case, I view it like telemarketing and door to door salesman. You're well within your right to make the sales pitch, but when someone isn't interested, it's time to **** about it.

See, we can both have what we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
glad someone admits MSNBC is on the left.

since Bosco and others wont answer my question:

can you name me a conservative news reporter at the omaha world herald cause most of it's reporters are politically liberal and a lie has been made that OWH is somehow a far-right newspaper which is a lie that has been pumped to death.

we know Josefine Loza and Michaela Saunders and Cindy Gonzalez and Leia Baez-Mendoza and Robert Nelson and Rainbow Rowell and Kevin Coffey are all liberal journalists at OWH.

yet I dont know of any OWH reporters or columnists who are conservative.
A) Granted I've been away from Omaha for far too long, but I can't even name a single journalist from the OWH, much less their political leanings. I can name the cartoon guy though.

B) What difference does their political leanings have on anything? The OWH might be an epic pile of suck, but slanted views and biased reporting don't seem to be one of them.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 AM

325 posts, read 963,811 times
I'm staying out of the OP argument..Modcut. But as far as the OWH goes; The only topic that got more press coverage (daily) from the OWH the past week than the concert given to raise monetary support for the liberal platform of the brilliantly honed political mind of Connor Oberst, was Husker Football....Hmmm, can anyone say "free advertising"?

Considering that Husker Football would get more coverage than the impending strike of a massive asteroid, you shouldn't have any trouble determining the OWH's political bent.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 08-03-2010 at 09:04 PM..

Old 08-03-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altajoe View Post
I'm staying out of the OP argument...I think it's a fools game. But as far as the OWH goes; The only topic that got more press coverage (daily) from the OWH the past week than the concert given to raise monetary support for the liberal platform of the brilliantly honed political mind of Connor Oberst, was Husker Football....Hmmm, can anyone say "free advertising"?

Considering that Husker Football would get more coverage than the impending strike of a massive asteroid, you shouldn't have any trouble determining the OWH's political bent.
plenty of liberals are Husker fans. using the Huskers to duck and cover the question is moot.

the Benson alumni president aka OWH sports reporter Pospisil I dont know his political leanings, but he should say something about benson's trauncy problems.

I will give u that Koterba is perhaps the only conservative at OWH, but it is mostly left-wing at the paper.

bosco, you are so right on B, but I was just bringing it up

cause the LIE has been told that most reporters are far-right at OWH, which we all know is about far from the truth as possible.

Last edited by billiefan2000; 08-03-2010 at 10:29 AM..

Old 08-03-2010, 10:00 AM

325 posts, read 963,811 times
"plenty of liberals are Husker fans. using the Huskers to duck and cover the qeustion is moot."

What? You did get the joke, right?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altajoe View Post
"plenty of liberals are Husker fans. using the Huskers to duck and cover the qeustion is moot."

What? You did get the joke, right?
yes.

altajoe:

with how Kevin Coffey reports favorably on Oberst,

you almost think Coffey is a fan of Oberst the same way the woman in the movie Misery was a fan of that author.

(that is my attempt at humor and explaining best how Coffey reports on Oberst)

Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I look at all religion like a loaded gun. By itself or in the hands of an educated person, it's safe. In the hands of a fool or someone with bad intentions, you usually get problems. If the later wants to end up blowing their own brains out, that's their problem. When they start waving the gun around others though, that's an issue.

You could say the same thing about anything...even liberal groups with their agendas. Don't blame the Bible--blame the rare nut job. If they didn't have the Bible they'd use something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: