Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 09:46 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
Metros making some changes this month... I saw the rider alert and clicked on it with high hopes, only for them to be dashed. Most of the changes aren't good.

Announcements - Rider Alerts - Omaha Metro

Route 1: last day of service August 17 Thats MY ROUTE. Those b*a*s*t*a*r*d*s!!

Route 2: Removing unique Central High trip

Route 5: Removing morning and afternoon trips to and from Mcmillan Middle School

However

Route 26: Increasing service to every 30 minutes from start to end of afternoon rush, so 5 and 26 are whatever

Route 92: Removing service to North Omaha TC. Adding two westbound trips in the afternoon and one eastbound trip in the morning.

so less bus service according to METRO= better bus service. one wonders why people think Curt Simon is a idiot

wouldnt be surprised if 48 or 16 is next to go.

METRO bus = we serve about 25-50 percent of Omaha at most
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 12:49 AM

624 posts, read 1,309,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
so less bus service according to METRO= better bus service. one wonders why people think Curt Simon is a idiot

wouldnt be surprised if 48 or 16 is next to go.

METRO bus = we serve about 25-50 percent of Omaha at most
I guess neighborhood routes that lead only to a transit center aren't sustainable here in Omaha because disappointingly almost nobody rides the bus.

Actually, I think that's part of the problem. Ever since Metro went to the "hub and spoke" system, previously served neighborhoods have lost service due to low ridership. The routes that used to serve these neighborhoods went places; like the 17 used to go all the way downtown and bellevue with service to useful places in between and there were a lot of riders. Then they made it so it just ran between the neighborhoods and the transit center. Now it's gone.

Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I guess neighborhood routes that lead only to a transit center aren't sustainable here in Omaha because disappointingly almost nobody rides the bus.

Actually, I think that's part of the problem. Ever since Metro went to the "hub and spoke" system, previously served neighborhoods have lost service due to low ridership. The routes that used to serve these neighborhoods went places; like the 17 used to go all the way downtown and bellevue with service to useful places in between and there were a lot of riders. Then they made it so it just ran between the neighborhoods and the transit center. Now it's gone.

I took the no. 4 this morning (on a sunday) and the bus was almost full.

more and more people are using the buses and we should have more and better bus service, not less

Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 PM

anyone seen the yellow/blue bus route for CB tv ad they have been having on tv.

they claimed there is bus service into CB 7 days a week in the ad. um, there is no bus service in CB on sundays. but then again, Metro Bus leaders dont know when a lot of bus routes run (do they?)

btw, why isnt Omaha Metro Bus advertising on tv some of the routes in Omaha too?

I wouldnt mind seeing a route 3 and 25 commercial. or one for the 15 and 55 routes. why do just Council Bluffs routes have to be promoted? (sorry if I went on a mini-rant just now)

Old 10-17-2012, 04:41 PM

btw:

Home - Omaha Metro

says Construction on the new North Omaha Transit Center will begin soon. I say: about time.
nothing personal with NOTC, but that transit center has for years needed upgrades.

p.s. I take the 3 or 25 routes from NOTC sometimes

Old 10-17-2012, 04:43 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,941 times
I did see one of the commercials. About as bottom of the barrel as it gets production wise. I suppose it is good to see them advertising though.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
I did see one of the commercials. About as bottom of the barrel as it gets production wise. I suppose it is good to see them advertising though.
true and I applaud them for doing the ads

but better and factual info in their ads might help. Metro bus leaders should know the yellow and blue routes dont run on sundays

Old 10-18-2012, 07:30 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,867 times
I think they're stretching the truth with that. I think they get away with it because MOBY runs in CB on Sunday, which technically makes it seven day service. I haven't seen this commercial, though. I will have to keep an eye out for it. I would assume it's pretty embarassing, but at least it's something.

They really should be advertising their best routes (2, 4/14,15/55,18). Maybe its to come.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I think they're stretching the truth with that. I think they get away with it because MOBY runs in CB on Sunday, which technically makes it seven day service. I haven't seen this commercial, though. I will have to keep an eye out for it. I would assume it's pretty embarassing, but at least it's something.

They really should be advertising their best routes (2, 4/14,15/55,18). Maybe its to come.

considering METRO bus has a history of stretching the truth, this isnt a shocker.

I agree They really should be advertising their best routes (2, 4/14,15/55,18) but I wouldnt hold my breath. Curt Simon and his associates are so incomptent, it isnt funny, it is pathetic

Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 AM

11 posts, read 17,818 times
Talking Has everyone given up on Ometro?

No posts since last Fall?

Probably should watch where the downtown transit center may end up. About 4 years ago, the remote location around 16th and Cass was serious intention by their management. Huge mistake.

About the best that can be done is try running the buses along 17th. Just 1 block away from the offended residential buildings on 16th Street.

This kind of time-wasting foolishness at a condo building up at 30th & Farnam could nix the east/west
aspect of the suggested 17th Street, though. The edgy owners might even turn against the city bus system !

Moderator cut: snip

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 04-01-2013 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: links not enabled for new members
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha