Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,195,539 times

Advertisements

As a gay person I am shocked by this gesture. Although the apology was not required, the actual gesture really has warmed by heart considerably. It's great to know that I have church options that are willing to embrace my god-given nature.

Ministers apologize to gays - Omaha.com

Dozens of Omaha-area Christian ministers are reaching out to the gay community by signing a proclamation that includes an apology to the gay community.
The Rev. Eric Elnes, minister at Countryside Community Church, said that more than 100 ordained Christian ministers have signed the proclamation, including leaders from Lutheran, Episcopalian, United Church of Christ, Methodist and Presbyterian churches.
The proclamation calls for an end to religious and civil discrimination based on sexual orientation.
Area ministers will publicly unveil a proclamation Wednesday evening at the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge in Omaha.
Elnes said the proclamation was created because he and others “were just fed up with the popular notion that the Christian point of view is anti-gay.”

Old 06-14-2011, 01:18 AM

163 posts, read 376,709 times
Very surprising. Good for them, though. Gestures of compassion and kindness are far too rare.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:29 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Good job guys!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:46 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times
for the record:

elnes also openly denies john 14:6 to be literal

Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM

btw:

are any of these gay agenda obessed pastors like Jane Florence or Eric Elnes doing anything to help regarding the flooding problems in Nebraska and Iowa

or it is their far left poltical agenda is all they care about?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:12 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,941 times
I think the plan is to part the waters of the mighty Missouri to lead their people to the promised land of Council Bluffs to get married.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:32 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,195,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
btw:

are any of these gay agenda obessed pastors like Jane Florence or Eric Elnes doing anything to help regarding the flooding problems in Nebraska and Iowa

I'm sorry this offends you billiefan. I'll be sure to send all gay people and their supporters a message to shut up and begin sand-bagging. Better?

Old 06-15-2011, 12:00 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,510,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
btw:

I think most of us here are really tired of your self-righteous religious arrogance and your complete lack of compassion for anyone who doesn't think or act or worship like you. You've proven that time and time again over the years. I'm beginning to believe that you use Christianity to mask some very deeply rooted character issues.

Last edited by smithy77; 06-15-2011 at 12:08 AM..

Old 06-15-2011, 08:21 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
1. There is no actual discrimination based on sexual preference. Sexual preference is not recognized by Nebraska's legal system when it comes to marriage. It just simply isn't even questioned. Everyone has the exact same rights.

2. I'd love to see a list of these pastors. I didn't see a list, but I'd be willing to bet that they are all from very liberal denominations. The ones mentioned are Lutherans (probably ELCA), Methodist (probably United Methodist), and others. The PCA (Presbyterian Church of America) is also much more liberal than the PCUSA.

Bottom line is that these pastors and churches are likely part of some denominations that went off the deep end in the last 10-15 years. Their opinion matters very little to anyone that actually reads the Bible as anything more than a nice collection of stories.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
1. There is no actual discrimination based on sexual preference. Sexual preference is not recognized by Nebraska's legal system when it comes to marriage. It just simply isn't even questioned. Everyone has the exact same rights.

2. I'd love to see a list of these pastors. I didn't see a list, but I'd be willing to bet that they are all from very liberal denominations. The ones mentioned are Lutherans (probably ELCA), Methodist (probably United Methodist), and others. The PCA (Presbyterian Church of America) is also much more liberal than the PCUSA.

Bottom line is that these pastors and churches are likely part of some denominations that went off the deep end in the last 10-15 years. Their opinion matters very little to anyone that actually reads the Bible as anything more than a nice collection of stories.

Full List | Heartland Proclamation

has the list. ELCA and UCC and UMC and PCUSA pastors are mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha