Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 AM

25 posts, read 50,352 times

Advertisements

I lived in Newport Beach, middle class, as a 20 year old college student for years until I decided to leave to move to Boston (Perhaps a bad Augustana song at the time?)

I lived in Orange County for about 3 years and the same here in Boston. You know what has changed? My JetBlue rewards out of Long Beach. I've visited back 5 times a year while living in Boston and only once when I lived in Newport Beach.

The 405 has terrible traffic, we all hate it! BUT in Boston if you go 5 over or look like you own something more than a Corolla they pull you over. (Missing my driving freedom here!)

Boston is great, you don't even need a car, that's because an apartment in Boston is 3 times as expensive and you live in a dump compared to what you get in Orange County. Car insurance is through the roof, and you can't even find a place to park!

One would say, "You have public transportation right!? it's a good system?" It closes at 2, falls apart, and trust me I would much rather be in a car listening to my own music than the locals who feel the need to blast their music on the train then haggle you for a dollar.

"I would love the four seasons"- I remember living in Orange County, how sick I would get of the lack of change or just pray for rain. After living here, I'll take the sun very much. Boston is the only place where one has their shovel in the back of their car year round...(As if it would snow in July?)

I also hear a lot of "Orange County is so fake and superficial". You should meet the girls who wear UGGS and Longchamp bags and demand to be treated like a queen.... (They don't even know what money is!)

If it wasn't for schools and hospitals the backbone of Boston would look like Detroit. (Nothing wrong with that just an observation

I regret moving to Boston, and hopefully moving back to Orange County soon. Why?

-I miss Laguna Beach, and it's natural beauty.
-I miss bonfires with friends on San Clemente and hopefully not getting in trouble.
-I miss surfing and just being in the ocean.
-I miss shopping at South Coast
-I miss the SMOOTH roads (Are you aware MA taxes people quarterly just to OWN a car and the money is supposed to go to the roads, if you are not paying attention to news, google "Big Dig" more like "Big Mess"
-I miss the people (So many different people, really GOOD japanese food, FRIENDLY FRIENDLY FRIENDLY unlike Boston)
-I miss In and Out Burger

and the best part about OC sick of it?

Go to Big Sur, CA
Spend $150 bucks and go to San Fran
Las Vegas
San Diego
Los Angeles.

Don't complain you could be stuck in Boston. Thanks Augustana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 AM

133 posts, read 183,043 times
The people there certainly are something else!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,494,378 times
Yeah but you moved to Boston. Seriously? Boston?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,506,803 times
I agree with your POV but everyone has different values so some places will definitely be a better fit for them than OC..

Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,865,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpride05 View Post
I'll take the sun very much.

Me too.

If it makes you feel better there back in boston [spits to cleanse the mouth], I'll be swimming in this pool (Woollett Aquatics Center Irvine) in about 45 minutes, in the warm sun in November (and December and January....) during my lunch break.

I hope you are wearing your Laker shirts back there.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM

25 posts, read 50,352 times
I just came back from Laguna Niguel with some friends, yesterday (The only silver lining to Sandy was I got "stuck" in Orange County for a few more days!)

One day into it, I'm ready to fly back. Enjoy the sun and yes, I wear my Lakers jersey everywhere. Enjoy the pool

Old 11-02-2012, 11:49 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,537,098 times
The worst part about the Northeast is...the people. Rudest and unfriendliest in the country.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM

16,806 posts, read 40,005,543 times
It'll be in the nineties starting Monday in Mission Viejo...

Old 11-02-2012, 06:55 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,494,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
It'll be in the nineties starting Monday in Mission Viejo...
Ugh, not again.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,298,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Me too.

If it makes you feel better there back in boston [spits to cleanse the mouth], I'll be swimming in this pool (Woollett Aquatics Center Irvine) in about 45 minutes, in the warm sun in November (and December and January....) during my lunch break.

I hope you are wearing your Laker shirts back there.
That's a nice looking facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County