Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:08 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,579,037 times

Advertisements

These are east of the 5 in Cardiff. Anything West is pretty much a guaranteed 7 figures

For Sale

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cardiff-By...7/home/4142835
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cardiff/14...7/home/4146788

Sold
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cardiff-By...7/home/4142840
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cardiff-By...7/home/4137146
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 06:10 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,077,114 times
Los Alamitos is WTF prices.

Homes for Sale in Los Alamitos CA — Los Alamitos Real Estate — ZipRealty

Cypress, CA
Homes for Sale in Cypress CA — Cypress Real Estate — ZipRealty

Old 06-12-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Look at this house in Cardiff. https://www.redfin.com/CA/Cardiff-By...7/home/4153028

Nice house, ok it's by the freeway, but it does not have have a very-close-to-the-beach price you'd get in OC! Don't get me wrong, I love Encinitas, but it looks cheap in terms of what you get! 1.2 for that seems not bad for what the area has to offer.
How much would something comparable be in OC?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:17 PM

745 posts, read 1,285,542 times
I think they are returning to bubble level. During the last bubble peak my parents' 3BR/3BA townhouse in Portola Hills was estimated at high around $540k, and right now it is inching toward $500k again. Time to sell and run for the hills in another state!

Last edited by mrwumpus; 06-12-2015 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-12-2015, 06:19 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,149,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
How much would something comparable be in OC?
Wow, that's hard to say since it depends on what your comparing it to. Compared to San Clemente or even Capo beach, maybe about the same or even higher in Cardiff. Further north, things get very high and fast. But obviously Cardiff is the preferred area in Encinitas so it is not exactly cheap either. (I was just there and still do not like Leucadia, uglyish as ever, but Cardiff, now you're talking.) I'd say another 10-15 percent but that is speculation on my part.

I think the main difference however, is at the highest end. We have many more ridiculous mega million houses on our coast that are fewer in number in SD County.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,171,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
I think they are returning to bubble level. During the last bubble peak my parents' 3BR/3BA townhouse in Portola Hills was estimated at high around $540k, and right now it is inching toward $500k again. Time to sell and run for the hills in another state!
It depends on where you're looking. Prices have surpassed 2006-07 levels in many parts of Southern California. Some areas are still pretty far below.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Wow, that's hard to say since it depends on what your comparing it to. Compared to San Clemente or even Capo beach, maybe about the same or even higher in Cardiff. Further north, things get very high and fast. But obviously Cardiff is the preferred area in Encinitas so it is not exactly cheap either. (I was just there and still do not like Leucadia, uglyish as ever, but Cardiff, now you're talking.) I'd say another 10-15 percent but that is speculation on my part.

I think the main difference however, is at the highest end. We have many more ridiculous mega million houses on our coast that are fewer in number in SD County.
Yea that was a broad question but you answered will!

Lol, I do like Leucadia though. What exactly do you not like about it compared to Cardiff?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:20 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,149,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
Yea that was a broad question but you answered will!

Lol, I do like Leucadia though. What exactly do you not like about it compared to Cardiff?
Note my your above should be a you're.

I don't like the funk.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:36 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznick View Post
The majority of buyers are foreign cash buyers. The more houses that get built, the more foreign buyers there are to buy it all up. The demand will continue to rise while supply is eaten up by investors or future immigrants.

With out all the foreign cash buyers and investors, prices would be much more reasonable.

People who already own homes don't mind because the value of their houses continue to rise at an incredible pace. Half of the people own a home and they quite enjoy the gain in equity. I doubt anything can be done to stop this trend other than another economy crash.

The housing market is a lot more stable now as people have a lot more invested in their homes. It was easy for people to walk away when they were underwater. A lot less people underwater on their loans on the next decline. Also the new low interest rates that people are locked into now pretty much guarantee that people will stay put. We probably wont see another event like the last one again in the future.
One thing I learned is never say never.
I don't understand the fascination with the equity. What exactly does equity do for you if you're not selling or borrowing against it? It's a meaningless number.

What I'm really surprised at is that the old balloon payment loans haven't come back in style

Old 06-13-2015, 06:19 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,077,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
One thing I learned is never say never.
I don't understand the fascination with the equity. What exactly does equity do for you if you're not selling or borrowing against it? It's a meaningless number.

What I'm really surprised at is that the old balloon payment loans haven't come back in style

Owners again borrowing against homes as housing market recovers - LA Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County