Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM

283 posts, read 626,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Like all generalizations, this is incorrect. I know several people with assets in excess of $10 million who live in Corona.

Just how much do you need to be a "people who have money"?
Is there anyone with a net worth in excess of $250 million that lives in Corona? I know several people who have manufacturing or warehouse space out there but would never live out there.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC1017 View Post
People in Newport can make $100K, and it goes to their head.
$100k to one's head? $100k/yr is the poverty line here in Southern California...

Old 11-15-2011, 06:50 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpal View Post
Is there anyone with a net worth in excess of $250 million that lives in Corona? I know several people who have manufacturing or warehouse space out there but would never live out there.
I agree absolutely. You really should do that.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I agree absolutely. You really should do that.
really should do what

Old 11-16-2011, 12:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Like all generalizations, this is incorrect. I know several people with assets in excess of $10 million who live in Corona.
As do I. Horse-set people who have been there forever.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:03 PM

74 posts, read 243,056 times
There are a lot of people with money in Corona. The area against the foothills in the south part of town has some huge custom mansions.
This whole thread is kind of amusing. I have lived in both AH/YL and Corona. They truly are quite similar. I don't understand why people feel the need to put down Corona when it is, relative to most other places, very nice.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal794 View Post
There are a lot of people with money in Corona. The area against the foothills in the south part of town has some huge custom mansions.
This whole thread is kind of amusing. I have lived in both AH/YL and Corona. They truly are quite similar. I don't understand why people feel the need to put down Corona when it is, relative to most other places, very nice.
completely different demographically....easy to make blanket statements show me proof.

What makes the two quite similar?

Households in Anaheim Hills/Yorba Linda have close to three times the income of Corona

There are no major white collared employers in Corona most of the economic base is made of Warehouse/Logistics. Corona's major employers are Fender Guitars, Monster Drinks and some clothing companies. How can you compare these companies to the plethora of Aerospace, Pharmaceutical etc industries which exist in AH/YL? I do not see how it is possible for the two areas to be similar when one area is an economic hub and the other is merely a cheap commuter community? From a pure demographic perspective Corona is vastly inferior to AH/YL....What makes them similar?

Corona is a commuter city, look how big the parking structures are at the Metrolink stations in Corona, look at how horrible the traffic is. Most people who live there commute to Orange County or other areas. People who have money tend to live close to where they work or in a reverse commute zone where they are not sitting in traffic for several hours a day.

You can buy 4 houses in South Corona for the price of same house in Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills. Houses up in the hills routinely sell for 4+ million dollars, I do not think any house in Corona has ever sold for over 2 million. It is ridiculous to claim they are the same, there is demand to live in AH/YL even in this economy, in South Corona there are huge swats of abandoned to be built/half built neighborhoods. The Inland Empire is the epicenter of the housing meltdown. House prices have dropped significantly, and unemployment is high. Maybe you know something that other people do not, but why are people paying 3x more for a house in Orange County compared to Corona?

Yorba Linda was rated the wealthiest place in America, Corona will never be rated the wealthiest place in America. Anyone can make any claim, having the facts to back it up is what makes that claim valid.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:48 PM

The whole city isn't necessarily similar, I was merely referring to certain parts of Corona. And yes, many homes have sold in Corona for more than $2,000,000. There are also half built neighborhoods in YL (look off of Bastanchury Road).
Yes, Corona is a bit out of the way, and that's why people pay more to live in O.C....it's closer to jobs, entertainment, etc. I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that as a commuter suburb, Corona is pretty nice and it does have some areas (such as Eagle Glen for instance) that are very similar to YL/AH.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal794 View Post
The whole city isn't necessarily similar, I was merely referring to certain parts of Corona. And yes, many homes have sold in Corona for more than $2,000,000. There are also half built neighborhoods in YL (look off of Bastanchury Road).
Yes, Corona is a bit out of the way, and that's why people pay more to live in O.C....it's closer to jobs, entertainment, etc. I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that as a commuter suburb, Corona is pretty nice and it does have some areas (such as Eagle Glen for instance) that are very similar to YL/AH.
They are still building homes of Bastanchury Rd, the developments I am referring to in Corona were half built and abandoned, the developments off Bastanchury Road are not abandoned and are still being built. You can buy homes in Corona for significantly less than even the worst areas in Orange County, gang riddled parts of Santa Ana are more expensive than the newest communities in Corona.

You cannot compare the two, Corona is not an executive community. It is a commuter community, people move there because its cheap. The same cannot be said for Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills/Villa Park/ Tustin Foothills etc.

The housing stock is not comparable, it is impossible to replicate some of the views that exist in this area of Orange County. There are homes in Anaheim Hills/Yorba Linda etc that have unbelievable sweeping views that stretch from Downtown LA to the Dana Point Harbor. This type of view is impossible to ascertain in Corona or anywhere in the Inland Empire. It would be impossible to get an Catalina Island View, Disnyeland Fireworks. or a Downtown LA View from Corona. This is a main draw and a reason why people move to the Santa Ana Canyon.

Look at the Schools in Corona they are vastly inferior to the ones that exist in this part of Orange County.

It is plain foolish to compare any part of Corona to this part of Orange County.

From a demographic, housing stock, location, city layout, economy, amenities standpoint these communities could not be any different.

Is your perspective based on a couple communities being built by the same builder around the same time and looking like they have the same architecture?

If you are comparing the way tract houses look (and using this main factor in determining if a community is similar) then using your train of thought any city that has had homes built in the past 10 years would be similar to each other.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:22 PM

Once again, you are making very large scale generalizations, which is what I disagree with. Not all of YL/AH are "executive communities". There are a couple of neighborhoods in Yorba Linda that are downright junky. I lived in Yorba Linda for over 17 years. Go to the supermarket at night, there are some people that are really scary!
On the same token, not all of Corona can be written off as inferior. There are neighborhoods of Corona that are vastly nicer than certain parts of Yorba Linda (check off Fairmont in YL between Village Center and Bastanchury. Or in AH, check the area by the post office...there are much nicer neighborhoods in Corona).
Similarly, there are some schools in Corona that absolutely compare to the ones in Yorba Linda (such as Santiago HS).
These large scale generalizations that YL/AH are "nice" and Corona is "not" just don't work. The areas are too large, and you have to examine each specific neighborhood.
Having lived in both these areas, I can also tell you that the people are no different in Corona vs. YL/AH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County