Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:39 AM

283 posts, read 626,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Umm...I currently live in AH/YL area. Yeah, the differences are not that huge. The median income in 92883 (corona is 91k vs. 106k in 92808 and 92k in 92807). 92807 is "true" Anaheim Hills. If 1k is worth a home that is twice as much...then by all means. 92881 in Corona has a median income of 93k. So it could be that th data on this website is wrong, or that there are nice upscale parts of Corona that are cheaper with similar demographics. Look, granted, the entire city of Corona is not AH/YL...but there are parts equally as good. These two zip codes are examples of that. These two zip codes are cheaper than the OC, hence why I stated that AH is a little overrated. So not really "armchair", actual research and not based on heuristics of IE stereotypes.
Please explain the shade map attached which is based of 2008 Q4 data, where is your link or proof? The average median income in Anaheim Hills is over 120k a year. Corona is 80k....Thats a 40k difference...Corona is a working class city, people who have money do not live there.

How can you live in both Anaheim Hills and Yorba Linda concurrently? At the end of the day you can cherry pick all the stats you want, when compared both are very different the education, and incomes are vastly different. Corona cannot compete, I have posted proof you have posted nothin which corroborates that both areas are similar. You stated in another thread you are from Riverside, so perhaps you are blinded to the facts or refuse to see the differences. If you can provide links, proof, or something that would be great... There is a reason that prices in the areas you mentioned are less than 1/2 than the prices in AH/YL.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:20 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Forget the stats. Simple test. Go there. Look around. AH is far nicer. It is one of the nicest areas in all of OC.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,156 times
This forum has become pretty funny. About the earlier post of what things there are to do in Anaheim Hills, it's home to one of the top single's bars in Orange County! Drumroll please........THE FOXFIRE!!

Talk about something worthy of a reality show!

Old 08-15-2009, 11:42 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,484,772 times
Default Yes, I am a dude. "mrs" are my initials; it is not a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Anaheim Hills and Corona are VERY much alike. Sorry, but it's true. Anaheim Hills is only a few miles from Corona. The houses are pretty identical (with the exception of the upper most part of Anaheim Hills, but for the most part they have the same tract house styles). Both are safe areas with decent schools. API scores are better in Anaheim, but Corona has better programs (more IB/AP classes overall). The two are very very comparable.
I know I'm rather late to the party on this one, but since I live in the 92807 (though where I live is not really inside the Anaheim Hills development, but is in one of the older tracts between the river and the freeway, known locally by a few as "Riverdale") I felt I just had to add my two cents.

I would not agree, that1guy, that Anaheim Hills and Corona are VERY much alike, beside what others have already have pointed out about test scores, incomes, home values, etc. Here is why, without putting down either area:

CORONA is a political entity; it is an incorporated city. It has a city center (including a traffic circle) with various types of neighborhoods radiating every which way. Much has been built in recent years, but there are still older, established neighborhoods. The city, according to Wikipedia, was founded in 1886.

ANAHEIM HILLS is a giant subdivision, NOT a political entity. It is comprised of large fragments of land in zip codes 92807 and 92808. The vast majority of the homes are from the sixties and forward, so it is generally a much newer area (yeah, I know, DUH). It really does not have a city center per se, though one might make a case for the shopping area at Santa Ana Canyon and Imperial, since it is smack dab in the middle of the 92807, but......

Also, in response to that one who said that those in Anaheim Hills do not care what goes on in the rest of the city (I forget whether it was this thread or another), I would say, "you should". Those taxes that the city of Anaheim collects from the property owners and business owners/corporations therein fund city services and programs ALL OVER the city, whether east or west, hills or flats, wherever.

Just my thoughts.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:25 PM

160 posts, read 854,453 times
Default What's the problem

Any of the mentioned cities I'd kill for. I currently live in Miami FLA and there are people with gold teeth out here! Somebody save me!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:05 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,484,772 times
william1971--

There is no problem, at least not in my mind. Apparently the thread started off with someone praising Anaheim Hills and then someone else said it's really no better than Corona.

By the way, what do you mean, "people with gold teeth"? There are all sorts of people who post here.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 AM

160 posts, read 854,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
william1971--

There is no problem, at least not in my mind. Apparently the thread started off with someone praising Anaheim Hills and then someone else said it's really no better than Corona.

By the way, what do you mean, "people with gold teeth"? There are all sorts of people who post here.
(MRSLTD) Sorry if I confused you about the "people with gold teeth" statement. I was merely trying to describe some of the residents of Miami FLA. I loved Anaheim Hills when I lived there. As far as it being "no better than Corona" I find that hard to believe - at least when I was there 4 years ago. There was a lot of cholos in Corona and lower-middle class income families when I was in California. I don't know if it has changed drastically since. Anaheim Hills on the other hand was a bit more upscale than that from what I can remember; just my 2 cents!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:06 PM

4 posts, read 18,236 times
Wow, This thread makes me want to move to Kansas!

Old 11-15-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaOC View Post
My favorite part of this quote "younger and funner". Funner?!? Is that a word?

A "Funner" is a person who likes to have fun, or who does a lot of funning.

Just like a runner is a person who likes to run or does a lot of running.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpal View Post
Corona is a working class city, people who have money do not live there.

Like all generalizations, this is incorrect. I know several people with assets in excess of $10 million who live in Corona.

Just how much do you need to be a "people who have money"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County