Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2017, 05:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
OC had just as hot AND humid summers as IE where I live. So I gets hot from about June to October. My average electrical bill is about 150 in the summer with AC usage) about 80 in winter. My average bill in OC was about 100. If I used the AC because of the humidity he t ran 350-400. So I didn't use the AC.
Many people forget OC is not just a coastal county, but has inland cities that get as hot as the IE'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 06:36 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,147,437 times
There are hot parts of OC inland to be sure, but overall, even those areas do not get quite as hot as much of the IE.

In any case, it is obvious that millennials are headed toward the IE, and that is really OC's loss long term.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:47 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
There are hot parts of OC inland to be sure, but overall, even those areas do not get quite as hot as much of the IE.

In any case, it is obvious that millennials are headed toward the IE, and that is really OC's loss long term.
It was as hot or hotter in the city I used to live in OC as it was where I live in IE this year. regardless my electrical usage based n a year expense was equal to my OC usage.
Millenials are going to IE but long term someone will always pay to have the OC living. Eventually even millenials will get tired of a 75/85/100 mile drive

Old 11-13-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:

Why is it a loss since some millennial's do live there and are buying there? There is no room for all of them.

Remember that Millennials started to be born in the early 80's so the oldest is in their 30's and even in the past most people that age and younger could could not buy in a popular area. Many Boomers could buy in OC at that age because it was not as popular, had a LOT of open land and housing prices were not like they are now. Is it harder, yes, but that is simply life. Once upon a time it was easy to buy a house on the beach in SoCal but not any more.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Why is it a loss since some millennial's do live there and are buying there? There is no room for all of them.

Remember that Millennials started to be born in the early 80's so the oldest is in their 30's and even in the past most people that age and younger could could not buy in a popular area. Many Boomers could buy in OC at that age because it was not as popular, had a LOT of open land and housing prices were not like they are now. Is it harder, yes, but that is simply life. Once upon a time it was easy to buy a house on the beach in SoCal but not any more.
It's a loss because the millennials take their resources and future resources (which will be significant) and help grow the economy elsewhere. If they have jobs in OC, that's even more resources being drained.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:10 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Ever since I got one of those "whole house fans", I haven't had to use air condition more than 2-3 times a year.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
It's a loss because the millennials take their resources and future resources (which will be significant) and help grow the economy elsewhere. If they have jobs in OC, that's even more resources being drained.
OC is not hurting for resources as housing prices grow and people who make or have good money are buying. It is like NYC which is not hurting nor has been for a long time over the rising prices.

Let them help the economy elsewhere. A good thing to do.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
OC is not hurting for resources as housing prices grow and people who make or have good money are buying. It is like NYC which is not hurting nor has been for a long time over the rising prices.

Let them help the economy elsewhere. A good thing to do.
As OC becomes more and more expensive, it also gets older and older. Such are the consequences of very high real estate prices.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:56 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
The millennials who have the desire to want to live in OC will have to earn it by obtaining a top-notch education in order to perhaps have the ability to by a home in OC someday; that's the bottom line and there's nothing complicated about that.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:12 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The millennials who have the desire to want to live in OC will have to earn it by obtaining a top-notch education in order to perhaps have the ability to by a home in OC someday; that's the bottom line and there's nothing complicated about that.
Or just go to AZ and also earn it, but you just wouldn't have to donate your kidney to own a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County