Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2018, 11:16 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually the flow of illegal alien Mexicans has been out for the last decade.

Many now have lived here for 15 or 20 years or more.. They have US born children who are now becoming adults. They are basically now rooted in the US.

And the American people have no real interest in removing these long term residents.

And it is extremely likely they will mostly end up legalized.
Spouting the BS in the OC threads now I see. How does one keep track of undocumented immigrants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 10:18 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Spouting the BS in the OC threads now I see. How does one keep track of undocumented immigrants?
Standard right wing post. They cannot stand truth.

Check Pew, CIS and DHS. Both attempt to track illegals. I would think it is at best an approximation...plus or minus 20% or so.

Some things do not need exact numbers. For instance that a majority of the illegals have been here for more than 10 years.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Standard right wing post. They cannot stand truth.

Check Pew, CIS and DHS. Both attempt to track illegals. I would think it is at best an approximation...plus or minus 20% or so.

Some things do not need exact numbers. For instance that a majority of the illegals have been here for more than 10 years.
Ad hominem and burden of proof. It's funny how you keep calling me a right winger though. I have nothing to do with the right wing. Then you say people can't stand the truth and provide none, it's a gut feeling. Lol nice.

By the way, illegal aliens aren't residents. They're perpetually breaking the law. They get caught and deported, I'm sure you've heard of it.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Ad hominem and burden of proof. It's funny how you keep calling me a right winger though. I have nothing to do with the right wing. Then you say people can't stand the truth and provide none, it's a gut feeling. Lol nice.
Your post demonstrates you do not know what "ad hominem" is. There is no requirement that I defend or even define the methodology of those who attempt to track societal data.

And some facts are self evident for those whose minds are open.

those who run with the pack are members.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:13 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So what are the jobs that fit a specific need that no American can do, you still didn't answer that?

And the irrigation work you did, I bet that was residential. I'm talking about farm irrigation, it's hard work and the job isn't year round, since most farms aren't near decent sized population centers it's real hard to talk a citizen into driving 80 or 100 miles a day for a temporary job no matter what it pays. My cousin can't find citizens who will do that work for more than a week before they walk out and never show up again. It's a real dilemma for farmers whether you want to acknowledge it or not. And FWIW she uses e-verify or she could fill those jobs in a few hours. That's why agriculture will never go for e-verify unless there are huge carve outs for their industry.

I know about the Disney fisco and So. Cal Edison did the same thing. H1B visas shouldn't be issued under any conditions, the entire program should be eliminated. I feel the same about H2B visas, the ones that Trump uses to staff his hotels. Do you have any idea how many good paying jobs have been filled by Russian and Polish construction workers who will work for minimum wage? How is that good for the US? How will we ever have wage growth when employers can fill almost any non farm job with an H2B? I'm very bit as disturbed by H1B and H2B visas as I am about illegal immigration, at least most illegals are doing work that no one else wants like picking crops and poultry processing. The visa holders are stealing full time jobs that Americans want and they are paying those people far less than their American counterparts.
Agreed! These visas should be discontinued at once! Jobs should go to our own people. If they cannot find people at that price, pay more. If paying more means you are going out of business, then the business model was unsustainable as established.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Your post demonstrates you do not know what "ad hominem" is. There is no requirement that I defend or even define the methodology of those who attempt to track societal data.

And some facts are self evident for those whose minds are open.

those who run with the pack are members.
So no data, you just know in your heart, you have a hunch that more illegals are leaving than coming in. Makes perfect sense, much like calling me a "right winger" because I believe illegal immigration is bad.

Here's another "right winger" for you.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
So no data, you just know in your heart, you have a hunch that more illegals are leaving than coming in. Makes perfect sense, much like calling me a "right winger" because I believe illegal immigration is bad.

For the benefit of those whose minds are at least a little open...

Mexicans may no longer be the majority of U.S. unauthorized immigrants. They made up half of all unauthorized immigrants in 2016, according to the Center’s preliminary estimate, marking the first time in at least a decade that they did not account for a clear majority of this population. Their numbers (and share of the total) have been declining in recent years: There were 5.6 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2015 and 2016, down from 6.4 million in 2009.

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

As to Feinstein her views have matured over the last two decades pretty much as the views of California have changed..

Feinstein

Old 11-13-2018, 10:48 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Agreed! These visas should be discontinued at once! Jobs should go to our own people. If they cannot find people at that price, pay more. If paying more means you are going out of business, then the business model was unsustainable as established.
I completely agree, and if there is a real shortage of workers then they should be paid market rate and 15% on top of that should be imposed as a tax that will go into a fund to train citizens for those particular jobs that we supposedly can't provide employees to fill. If you make it more expensive rather than less to hire foreign workers it will quickly become apparent which are actually needed and which are being brought here because they are working cheaper than citizens. The problem is that our governmental policy is shaped by what corporations want, not what benefits our citizens.

Here's a database of H-2b applications, I'm really curious as to "why" we have to import soccer coaches or mechanics but apparently that's perfectly ok. https://www.myvisajobs.com/H2/H2BVisaSearch.aspx?Y=2018

And here's one for H-1b visas. Just for kicks put in the name of the City you live in and you can see which jobs were presumably going to go vacant if not for them being filled by a foreigner. https://h1bdata.info/index.php?em=&job=&city=&year=2018

Old 11-13-2018, 12:50 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:

You should see the comments he made on a (now completely deleted) thread about adults having sex with minors. I'd take any insults from him as a compliment.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You should see the comments he made on a (now completely deleted) thread about adults having sex with minors. I'd take any insults from him as a compliment.
And you should see the awful things this lady agreed she did to immature teddy bears on threads now deleted. . Terrifying..I do not think you violate any law by screwing teddy bears. And they do not complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County