Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 03:06 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amokk View Post
It worked. I got him to scram back to his NY hovel.
Thanks for that!

Yikes comparing NYC to OC is pretty pathetic..

Grew up back East..not the city..been in this paradise for 50 years now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 10:39 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,306,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Thanks for that!

Yikes comparing NYC to OC is pretty pathetic..

Grew up back East..not the city..been in this paradise for 50 years now
Nope.. still here Lol! I can go to any board and read and comment at my leisure. I never compared NYC to OC. There is no comparison. NYC is the capital of the world. OC is the capital of seven shades of beige suburbia.

Old 12-18-2020, 11:20 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
Nope.. still here Lol! I can go to any board and read and comment at my leisure. I never compared NYC to OC. There is no comparison. NYC is the capital of the world. OC is the capital of seven shades of beige suburbia.
NYC is well on its way to becoming Escape From New York for real. The things that made NYC great are disappearing. It is the next Detroit.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:14 PM

82 posts, read 127,166 times
Quote:
New York City is a dirty, run-down mess with terrible weather. Especially the outer boroughs...Manhattan is better, but the roads are still full of potholes and most of it is dirty, ugly brick buildings. The people are full of themselves, thinking that they're smarter, tougher, better, harder working and more cultured than the rest of the world. I wish they would just clean the subway stations at least once a year. There are some good restaurants there, but San Francisco and Los Angeles have good restaurants as well...not so much Orange County. In fact, the Italian Deli's in San Francisco are way better than the ones in New York. So much so that if you look at the different types of Salami they sell in New York Deli's, it's all imported from San Francisco.

I live in San Francisco but would relocate to Orange County in a heartbeat. Good restaurants are nice to have, but there are other things that are important too. Orange County has great weather, is very clean, the crime is low, the cities are well taken care of, the roads are good and there are a lot of things to do.

Unfortunately I need to visit New York a few times a year, as my wife's family is there, but I'll be happy when I return from my final visit there...not sure when that will be.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:16 PM

82 posts, read 127,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
NYC is well on its way to becoming Escape From New York for real. The things that made NYC great are disappearing. It is the next Detroit.
You can apply that to a lot of big cities.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:12 PM

151 posts, read 113,837 times
Quote:
NYC is falling behind so many cities and is hardly the capital of the world.

It is readily apparent that you are reminiscing about OC. We all know what happened to NYC due to CVD. How is the blizzard? It was sunny today here, a lovely day.

Old 01-15-2021, 04:07 PM

6 posts, read 11,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronavirus2020 View Post

4. Why are there so many anti-masker and/or anti-BLM videos coming out of OC? What is happening? Every time I hit re-fresh, there is a new anti-masker screaming at people in a store and 70% of the time, it’s a video from OC. What has happened to OC to contribute to this culture? Which city might one hide in to avoid this kind of unpleasant scene?

Ever since California was annexed from Mexico, the white migrants who came here were largely uneducated white trash, seeking to get rich quick in the Gold Rush and land speculation. In fact, it was these very whites who committed the California Genocide, slaughtering nearly all of the Native Americans of California, stealing their land.

There are also military bases surrounding OC (Pendleton, Long Beach), and so historically there has been a military presence in OC. The military is known for using conservative white trash as cannon fodder, which brought them to OC.

Given this profile, it becomes easily understandable why places like Huntington Beach are the way they are. More of OC used to be like HB, but thankfully immigration has made it more diverse and hospitable. Not to mention, the whites who didn't strike it rich are now leaving CA because they can't afford the cost of living.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:24 PM

148 posts, read 137,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificwave View Post
immigration has made it more diverse and hospitable.
Most people don't appreciate dissimilar immigrants. Most people prefer to live around, go to school with, socialize with, and marry people like themselves. We know this from dating site, census, and real estate data. 85% of churches are 90% same race. Most parents prefer their kids marry same race. This is normal, natural, and healthy.
In a 2014 survey, the Public Religion Research Institute found that the average white American has 91 white friends, one black friend, one Latino friend, one Asian friend, one mixed-race friend, one friend of an “other” race and three friends of unknown races.
The average African-American has 83 black friends, eight white friends, two Latino friends, no Asian friends, three mixed-race friends, one friend of an “other” race and four friends whose races are unknown.
Further, 75 percent of the whites interviewed in the study had no friends of other races. Among black respondents, nearly 66 percent had no friends of other races.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:57 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Renaissance View Post
Most people don't appreciate dissimilar immigrants. Most people prefer to live around, go to school with, socialize with, and marry people like themselves. We know this from dating site, census, and real estate data. 85% of churches are 90% same race. Most parents prefer their kids marry same race. This is normal, natural, and healthy.
Where are you getting this information? It doesn't seem accurate. For example, in the L.A./Long Beach/Anaheim area, the share of newlyweds with a spouse of a different race or ethnicity is 22%. And this is data that's several years old, so the percentage would appear to have increased since then.

Intermarriage across the U.S. by metro area:
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/inte...by-metro-area/

Old 01-16-2021, 09:23 AM

148 posts, read 137,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Where are you getting this information? It doesn't seem accurate. For example, in the L.A./Long Beach/Anaheim area, the share of newlyweds with a spouse of a different race or ethnicity is 22%. And this is data that's several years old, so the percentage would appear to have increased since then.

Intermarriage across the U.S. by metro area:
https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/inte...by-metro-area/
SoCal is on the extreme end of interracial marriages especially if both spouses are nonwhite. No way is the whole US 22%.
"Affective bias against interracial couples",, Caitlin M Hudac PhD, Allison L. Skinner, Ph.D. University of Georgia, 2017/1/31, Journal: Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Volume: 68, Pages 68-77
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County