Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:59 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Hardship? I find your so-called grievance is petty. Extremely petty.

You had cars damaged? How? Cosmetically? Pfft. It's just a stupid car. Scratches, dings, dents are all petty inconveniences. And to get all het up over something like that is having your priorities all out of whack, and probably means you spent too much money on it. So your car doesn't look "perfect" as it goes down the street? Big deal. Spend a little more and get it fixed.
If someone I was forced to pay for a service I didn't want damaged my car, there will be a problem.

I have restored numerous cars over the years and many to concours condition...

What some call "Petty" is someone else's livelihood...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 10:03 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,147,004 times
Your recourse then is to sue them for damages, isn't it?

Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Your recourse then is to sue them for damages, isn't it?
There's no way to prove they did it. The victim is stuck with the bill.

Even if there was a way to prove it, that's the solution? Deal with the damage of your property that was facilitated by the government by having your time consumed chasing down a repair?

It's totally unrealistic.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:58 AM

14 posts, read 60,656 times
Are you referring to me having bitterness and hatred towards Oregon???

Old 05-15-2008, 12:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Are you referring to me having bitterness and hatred towards Oregon???
No. I was replying to another poster.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:26 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Even more important than the slavery question is:
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO??? Would he allow somebody to pump his gas??? Would he pump his own gas??? Would he pay cash, or would he use a credit card issued by THE MONEY LENDERS FROM THE TEMPLE???

Excuse me, I have to go take my pill.
Don't hurt yourself, there! Ok, this is where i can get into trouble. When I first read these posts, I thought 1,000 was kidding!

But holy cow, he/she's not!!!! And, he's probably under federal court order to leave the rest of the country alone - I think he's stuck here. In every single post, thread, 1,00 turns a disagreement into a personal assault. That's why I've never weighed in on anything he's been involved in. Now, I've done it!

Yup, I, too am astounded that having someone else pump your case is a "hardship." Try walking, problem solved.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:40 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
In every single post, thread, 1,00 turns a disagreement into a personal assault.
You're right. I take any infringement that doesn't have a rational reason personally. Shouldn't I? Shouldn't everyone?

It's the law. It's force. Shouldn't those who support a given use of it be able to explain the rationale?

Old 05-16-2008, 04:51 PM

260 posts, read 656,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiared View Post
Being from Oregon and now living in the south, I can honest say that I was spoiled having someone pump my gas. Never really thought about it until I moved. Now that is about the first thing that comes to mind when I get out of my vehicle, the wind is blowing and its about 30 degrees.
Born and raised in Oregon and I much prefer pumping my own gas.
I never thought about it until I moved to Canada. The first time I pulled into a gas station (in Washington, on the trip up) I waited for an attendant to appear
I finally realized I neded to get out and do it myself, lol.
Figured it out pretty easily, have been pumping my own gas ever since.
I now forget, when visiting my dad in Oregon, I need to wait for an attendant.
I'll start doing it myself and voila, an attendant appears

Old 05-18-2008, 06:32 PM

18 posts, read 69,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
So I'd heard about this before, but I'd forgotten about it until I saw it mentioned in a post on the WA forum.

Why can't you pump your own gas in Oregon? Because we do not want to Who came up with that law, and why???

My wife ran into the same thing when she was on a business trip in NJ. She got out of her car to pump gas, and she said the attendant came running out all irate, telling her to step away from the pumps! That's crazy! Apparently, NJ and OR are the only two states in the country where this is the law.

I just find this really bizarre. Is there any talk of ever changing the law in OR?
Every now and then it makes the ballot. But we do not want it nor do we want a sales tax.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:42 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,049,009 times
bumpin this thread up for the poster who started a new thread IS IT TRUE THAT... regarding pumping your own gas in Oregon....
can we combine the threads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon