Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 05:27 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I doubt that's the problem. There is a USDA inspected slaughterhouse in Roseburg. We enjoy local, range fed beef at all seasons of the year. There is, however, no feedlot anywhere near here, so there is no factory burger available. Some friends burgered a bull a while back and I bought 50 lbs. of burger for the freezer. It was fine! It's not frozen meat that is the problem, it is the oxidized frozen flat patties that are shipped in bulk boxes. If you want fresh patties, you can get them anywhere.
Yes, but no way in hell is In-n-Out going to open a processing plant in Roseburg. There is not enough population in Southwest Oregon to make it a viable location. They will want to open it farther north in Washington, so it can serve Seattle and Portland.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:34 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yes, but no way in hell is In-n-Out going to open a processing plant in Roseburg. There is not enough population in Southwest Oregon to make it a viable location. They will want to open it farther north in Washington, so it can serve Seattle and Portland.
The point is that fresh burger is not rocket science. There's a USDA inspected slaughterhouse in Canby if you want 30 minute access to PDX. There are two in Seattle itself, one in Issaquah and one in Olympia, halfway between Portland and Seattle. There is no "processing" to pressing patties. You can buy a machine for a couple grand and away you go. Every supermarket in both states sells fresh burger, and they don't ship it in from Southern California.

In 'n Out engages in a lot of BS marketing. Availability of fresh hamburger has nothing to do with their business locations.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:57 AM

Quote:
The point is that fresh burger is not rocket science. There's a USDA inspected slaughterhouse in Canby if you want 30 minute access to PDX. There are two in Seattle itself, one in Issaquah and one in Olympia, halfway between Portland and Seattle. There is no "processing" to pressing patties. You can buy a machine for a couple grand and away you go. Every supermarket in both states sells fresh burger, and they don't ship it in from Southern California.

In 'n Out engages in a lot of BS marketing. Availability of fresh hamburger has nothing to do with their business locations.
Well I certainly agree with you about In-n-Out's BS marketing, and it seems to work very well for them. People love to drink the In-n-Out Kool Aid.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:22 AM

320 posts, read 417,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Well I certainly agree with you about In-n-Out's BS marketing, and it seems to work very well for them. People love to drink the In-n-Out Kool Aid.
Or.........they just like it because it taste REALLY good.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:39 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWdreamin View Post
Or.........they just like it because it taste REALLY good.
Yeah, it's funny that people get so up in arms about others liking something that they don't. Maybe In-N-Out killed his grandma.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:03 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
Yeah, it's funny that people get so up in arms about others liking something that they don't. Maybe In-N-Out killed his grandma.
It's just weird that someone's definition of "tastes good" is a fast food burger. I worked at a popular doughnut shop in high school. One of the closing time rituals was to pour 5 gallons of grease into the fryer to replace what went out over the counter. The boss explained that grease sells. It's the same with pizza. Burger joints limit the cooking time because they want the customer to recycle the grease, not them. If a burger joint tries to sell a lean patty, customers will go where it "tastes better."

Mmm. Grease. Yeah, it's likely In 'n Out has killed a lot of grandmas. Heart disease is still the #1 cause of death in women.

Old 11-28-2017, 03:44 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,565 times
Quote:
It's just weird that someone's definition of "tastes good" is a fast food burger.
I like In-N-Out because it doesn't taste like typical "fast food". It has flavor! The fries taste like potatoes and are so good that I don't even need or want Ketchup. The beef tastes like beef. The veggies are fresh and crisp! Now to be fair, I order Protein Style so I can't comment positive or negative on their buns. But compared to other "fast food" places I have tried, In-N-Out easily beats them all.

Add to that, I have never had bad service or found an unhappy employee at an In-N-Out.

Nothing wrong with other people liking different food places. Support with your dollars what you enjoy and want to see more of.

All this said, no matter what "fast food" you like best, it should be a once in awhile treat and not an everyday thing IF you are concerned about your health.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:31 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,785 times
Quote:
It's just weird that someone's definition of "tastes good" is a fast food burger. I worked at a popular doughnut shop in high school. One of the closing time rituals was to pour 5 gallons of grease into the fryer to replace what went out over the counter. The boss explained that grease sells. It's the same with pizza. Burger joints limit the cooking time because they want the customer to recycle the grease, not them. If a burger joint tries to sell a lean patty, customers will go where it "tastes better."

Mmm. Grease. Yeah, it's likely In 'n Out has killed a lot of grandmas. Heart disease is still the #1 cause of death in women.
Larry, why spend time judging what people like? Why is "just weird" that someone likes something that you don't?

I think you have a legitimate case about the health problems of eating fast food on a regular basis, but you could make the same case about eating steak 5 nights a week. Or chocolate cake every day.

No more picking on burgers! In N Out or Burgerville or McDonalds or anyone! Can I get an amen?

Old 11-28-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:

And add lots of bacon (probably the greasiest food known to man), to every menu item, to make sure the customers get their daily fast food recommendation of grease. And yeah, I know In-n-Out doesn't have bacon. They have enough grease without it.

The whole explosion in the popularity of fast food does seem to be a reaction to the health food craze. I guess many people are just fedup with eating healthy.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 11-28-2017 at 07:30 PM..

Old 11-28-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
Larry, why spend time judging what people like? Why is "just weird" that someone likes something that you don't?

I think you have a legitimate case about the health problems of eating fast food on a regular basis, but you could make the same case about eating steak 5 nights a week. Or chocolate cake every day.

No more picking on burgers! In N Out or Burgerville or McDonalds or anyone! Can I get an amen?
If I had a choice between eating fast food every day or eating steak and chocolate cake every day, I would choose the steak and chocolate cake. At least if the steak was a good cut of meat, not too much fat and grilled to perfection, and eaten with a good balance of say steamed vegetables, that could be a pretty good diet. The cake would probably be the most unhealthy part, but one piece of cake a day, probably wouldn't kill you. At least you wouldn't be ingesting all that fast food grease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon