Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:02 AM

279 posts, read 1,086,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
forbade them from painting their home any funky colors, parking an RV in front of the house, having old junk cars sitting on their lawn, etc.
Yes! This is what I'm going for. We're esp. leaning toward the communities in or near the golf course in Eagle Point, where I imagine, if they are like the golf communities back east, there are stricter covenants re: home upkeep. I like the location of EP, DH and I don't commute to work (I work from home full-time and he just needs to be near the airport when he needs to go to work), so being a little farther out from Medford is nice. EP looks really pretty based on the photos I've seen on web.

Thank you both for the suggestions, East Medford does have some nice n'hoods, too (I think over near Roxy Ann?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 07:17 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,756,673 times
Some nice developments in Central Point with nicely restrictive HOAs. Just bring $$$$$

Old 10-22-2010, 04:19 PM

4 posts, read 6,649 times
Hi there my dad used to be the town butcher back in 1969 or there abouts his name was Brad Case. I have many fond memories of ShadyCove and was there for the big floodthat wipped out the log mill by the river.I am sure things have changed so much but my parents were happy there.Myself and my husband have concidered moving back to the area when we retire for the calm life, but it will miss the dailey sawdust rains, lol

Old 12-04-2010, 03:35 PM

174 posts, read 431,012 times
Shady Cove conjures up images of a peaceful place to retire. We are looking at it, along with Eagle Point , and also Redmond. All look nice, but Redmond looks to have significantly colder winters. Any words of comparison of these towns would be appreciated.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,620 times
Eagle Point is a VERY nice community with a beautiful golf course. White City bumps up to Eagle Point. White City is mostly industrial/commerical. It's a quiet town. Eagle Point is more convenient than Shady Cove and offers both country living and track home living. It's a beautiful community that offers close access to the Rogue River, several lakes, Table Rock - where you can go hiking. You will see a lot of people out walking or jogging in the Eagle Point Golf Course Community. The town is very friendly. We have a home alarm system (don't ask me why - it's really not needed), and we have set it off a couple of time accidently and the Police has responded immediately. I was surprised how fast they came each time we accidently set the alarm off. Based on your preferences, I would highly recommend Eagle Point.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,620 times
Forgot to mention that Eagle Point is also convenient to a variety of resturants, shopping, Rogue River Mall, Lowe's, Costco, Walmart, and many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon