Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 PM

8 posts, read 15,894 times

Advertisements

I have been checking ALOT of listings and have found quite a few deals that match what I'm looking for.
In my other post alot of guys suggested that I look into Oviedo and Lake Mary (Which I did THANKS ALOT )
I would like to know how would you guys compare Oviedo,Winter Garden,Lake Mary,Apopka,and Alamonte Springs.
Which of these would be the most family oriented/safest area.
Thanks Again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 07:31 AM

793 posts, read 2,525,262 times
Lake Mary, Tuscawilla area of Winter Springs, Wekiva Springs

Hope this helps,

Old 12-29-2010, 08:01 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,060,777 times
I don't really think of Lake Mary as being that great for kids. Its more for people that kids have moved out or don't have kids yet. I would hate to have lived in Lake Mary for school. Its very far from everything and doesn't have much to do in the evening with friends as far as choices go. Tuskawilla is best then Wekiva. Tuskawilla is cool because you're right in the middle of UCF, Park Ave, Winter Park Village, Oviedo Mall, and Altamonte Mall. Waterford Lakes and Downtown aren't far off.

I mean for kids some things that come to mind:
Rocky's Replay - Casselberry
Rebounderz - Longwood
Batting Cages - Casselberry
Bowling - Casselberry, Winter Park, Oviedo, Sanford
Semoran Skateway - Casselberry
Maitland RDV (Ice Skating) - Maitland
Sci-Fi City - Orlando (Winter Park/Seminole County side)
don't know name of it but there's a place off Aloma in Seminole County Winter Park (unincorporated winter park) that has card games (pokemon/magic the gathering/xmen/whatever kids these days are playing)
Skate Park over by UCF area

I'm sure there's movies in Lake Mary, there is a bowling alley in Sanford but thats really about it out that way. I had a good friend in Elementary school that had a big ranch out by Sylvan Lake. It took an hour to get to his house from school (we went to a private school in Winter Park) and even that was a rare opportunity. If we did get together it was usually for a full weekend and then just go back to school from either his house or mine on Monday so our parents wouldn't have to drive to the other's house. For High School it became too much and they ended up selling their ranch to move closer to town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando