Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:23 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times

Advertisements

Im living in Vista Cay right now splitting rent with my mother.......its about 1200 a month ....but it is really nice here.....i bet the owner of our unit will raise the price alot after everything gets completed ....they are going to build a little area in the middle of the property with shops and some nightlife type of things.....after that i bet he will raise the price and we might be checkin the Vinning's out or somewhere cheaper after this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 10:50 AM

75 posts, read 404,492 times
How much are you paying for rent? Why not buy?

Old 08-10-2007, 08:05 PM

56 posts, read 314,219 times
That sounds like a nice area. But I can understand that you are going to look elsewhere if the rents go up.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryRiddle View Post
How much are you paying for rent? Why not buy?
Im stuck living with my mother right now....i deliver pizza and have no kind of savings ....so im not able to buy right now...i can bareley afford the minimal payments im making right now.....

Old 08-11-2007, 11:35 AM

28 posts, read 84,610 times
Red face Hey THASPECIAL! Got a question.

On another post that I can't remember, you were talking about the area around Lake Buena Vista. I can't remember exactly what the subject was, but in kind of a throw away comment you said that the apartments in that area are always being robbed. I remember being very disheartened at the time because that's where I wanted to move back to from South Florida. I know it's been mentioned that that area is a bit safer than other areas of Orlando. I'm a middle age woman and I understand that crime is something you can't be free of anywhere in this country. But, I've been given the impression that if I get an apartment, say at Plantation Park or (less likely) Sabal Palms at Lake Buena Vista or anyone of them in that area, that it is more likely than NOT that I will have an apartment break-in.

I know how to watch myself, be careful, I would be at home 99 percent of evenings of after dark, but I have definitely been given the impression that if I got an apartment even in that area there would be nothing I could do about not being burgled at least once. That is really sad. Especially when you are paying over a thousand dollars a month in rent minus utilities.

I want to come back to Orlando. I can handle diversity, matter of fact, I love it! I'm trying to learn Spanish right now. BUT, and it's a big BUT, I can't handle the thought of a practical guarantee that I will be robbed while away from home or an actual home invasion while I'm there. That's just too much.

That's why my first post on this board was about being broken hearted about what's happened to Orlando. I know there are many nice areas and I don't mean to slam people who have lived in Orlando for years. My uncle and his family had lived in Orlando since the 50's. I just haven't spoken to them since the late 60's.

I want to spend my last few years near the parks. That's why I want the Lake Buena Vista area because it's one or two exits from Typhoon Lagoon. I'm really looking forward to Universal's new Hogwarts Attraction and like everyone has said, there is SO MUCH TO DO IN ORLANDO. It just wouldn't be all that fun worrying about break-ins. Maybe I'll get brave soon and just do it. I guess as long as I'm not home, it's just stuff, right?

Thanks THASPECIAL for all of your info about the different areas.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinRS View Post
On another post that I can't remember, you were talking about the area around Lake Buena Vista. I can't remember exactly what the subject was, but in kind of a throw away comment you said that the apartments in that area are always being robbed. I remember being very disheartened at the time because that's where I wanted to move back to from South Florida. I know it's been mentioned that that area is a bit safer than other areas of Orlando. I'm a middle age woman and I understand that crime is something you can't be free of anywhere in this country. But, I've been given the impression that if I get an apartment, say at Plantation Park or (less likely) Sabal Palms at Lake Buena Vista or anyone of them in that area, that it is more likely than NOT that I will have an apartment break-in.

I know how to watch myself, be careful, I would be at home 99 percent of evenings of after dark, but I have definitely been given the impression that if I got an apartment even in that area there would be nothing I could do about not being burgled at least once. That is really sad. Especially when you are paying over a thousand dollars a month in rent minus utilities.

I want to come back to Orlando. I can handle diversity, matter of fact, I love it! I'm trying to learn Spanish right now. BUT, and it's a big BUT, I can't handle the thought of a practical guarantee that I will be robbed while away from home or an actual home invasion while I'm there. That's just too much.

That's why my first post on this board was about being broken hearted about what's happened to Orlando. I know there are many nice areas and I don't mean to slam people who have lived in Orlando for years. My uncle and his family had lived in Orlando since the 50's. I just haven't spoken to them since the late 60's.

I want to spend my last few years near the parks. That's why I want the Lake Buena Vista area because it's one or two exits from Typhoon Lagoon. I'm really looking forward to Universal's new Hogwarts Attraction and like everyone has said, there is SO MUCH TO DO IN ORLANDO. It just wouldn't be all that fun worrying about break-ins. Maybe I'll get brave soon and just do it. I guess as long as I'm not home, it's just stuff, right?

Thanks THASPECIAL for all of your info about the different areas.

Yeah i remember......i was just saying that a driver for my store got robbed at Sable Palms apartments at gunpoint by 3 black guys....no crap.....and then a new driver after that came to work at our store from another pizza company and he said one of thier drivers was also robbed at gunpoit at Sable Palms apartments and thier driver got robbed by 3 black guys too they had a gun and put a rope behind the drivers neck and took his pizza and the money but no one got hurt.......i havent heard of any other drivers getting robbed out here since then though...i think it was the same group of guys that robbed both drivers ......they are probably long gone or doing it somewhere else because of the heat that has come from those incodents.....i see a police car at the entrance of Sable Palms by the office late at night the last couple times ive delivered there.....

the sheriff's in Lake Buena Vista always come into our store and joke around with us and we know alot of them personally....and we told them and filed a report about our driver that got robbed and i think thats why they are patroling over there more....i wouldnt consider it a bad apartment complex...i dont feel scarred delivering there but you best believe i watch my back...i never leave my car running to deliver and i always do a walk around before i go up to the actual door i have to deliver to.....if i sense anything fishy i just get back in the car and go back to the store and the customer is out of luck unless he makes it to where we can see him waiting outside of his apartment when we pull up if there is something weird going on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando