Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 10:56 AM

7 posts, read 157,584 times

Advertisements

Nikotroi

OMG I was born in Brooklyn and also lived in Bushwick 7 yrs!! I was raised in Columbus so am now used to the "country", but I love the city! Lake Nona is beautiful but I have not found anything in my budget .. I plan on moving there after my first year there. Does Kissimmee have any decent areas at all??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM

200 posts, read 538,659 times
Quote:
Does Kissimmee have any decent areas at all??
Here and there. 34746/34747 is ok but very touristy. I don't think I'd bother with 34743/34744.

I think the better area is near the loop shopping center, by John Young or Dyer, 34741, at the Osceola/Orange Kissimmee/HC border. Not perfect, but it is close to a lot of shopping and much easier to get to Orlando from there. Some apartments there might be in your price range.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,583,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme-Fatal View Post
Davie, I Chose that area because it is very affordable. I looked on craigslist and most places who takes section 8 were in Kissimmee area. Either way, section 8 or not, I don't like living in apartment complex I don't like living so close to people, so I'd rather rent a house. The only nice Lookin affordable ones are in Kissimmee. What do you think is ghetto about that area?
A lot of Disney employees live in Kissimmee due to the lower cost. I read your post that you were planning on saving to move to a home in Lake Nona which IMO you wont be able to go wrong there

That is a very young area (Nona), and Im sure a lot has changed in the past year along the 417 since I have left. I wish you the best of luck Femme. If you'd only be in Kissimmee, for a year to save up for your dream home in Lake Nona, do what you have to do and you will succeed. A lot of people new to Orlando get their starts in Kissimmee, my family did back in 1995, before moving to a better area in Orlando in 1997

Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femme-Fatal View Post
Nikotroi

OMG I was born in Brooklyn and also lived in Bushwick 7 yrs!! I was raised in Columbus so am now used to the "country", but I love the city! Lake Nona is beautiful but I have not found anything in my budget .. I plan on moving there after my first year there. Does Kissimmee have any decent areas at all??
western Kissimmee around Disney and Celebration are decent areas. The 34747 zip is a good one, so is 34746. Also try looking around the Loop area around John Young and Osceola Parkways the Loop area is still fairly young

Old 07-15-2011, 01:39 PM

174 posts, read 455,442 times
I agree, if you want to live in Kissimmee, try to stay as close to The Loop as possible. If it's only a year, you could do Meadow Woods then, I think it would be better than most parts of Kissimmee.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Falcon Trace Apartments works on a sliding scale so you might want to check them. Also check Parks at Hunter's Creek. Their website has rates, but my friend was looking there and they said they would work with her.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:30 AM

7 posts, read 157,584 times
Thank You so much everyone!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoTroi View Post
I agree, if you want to live in Kissimmee, try to stay as close to The Loop as possible. If it's only a year, you could do Meadow Woods then, I think it would be better than most parts of Kissimmee.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Falcon Trace Apartments works on a sliding scale so you might want to check them. Also check Parks at Hunter's Creek. Their website has rates, but my friend was looking there and they said they would work with her.
Both Falcon Trace and The Parks at Hunters Creek are excellent complexes, I know people who live or have lived in both of them and they are very nice, newer complexes, and Falcon Trace is just walking distance from Gatorland Zoo (an attraction your kids will love no sarcasm intended)

Falcon Trace will be a bit quieter than the Parks (along John Young Parkway its pretty busy) and FT will also have a lower rent as well

Old 08-01-2011, 09:17 PM

5 posts, read 32,873 times
Hello,

Could any one give me true information about Kissimmee, after reading the post i have no idea which route to consider with Kissimmee. My parents are in the process of buying a home in the Remington subdivision in Kissimmee is that a good idea? Heard the area is guarded but i want to know how the surrounding areas is once i drive out of my gated community will i be worried about being a crime statistics. We were also interested in Davenport area is that a better idea? Please help guide us as i want my folks in a quite, safe area like they currently reside in.Thank you.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,763 times
hi can anyone help me please myself, partner and two young kids 6 and 3 are hoping to move to a area in and around kissimmee my dad has a appartment in celebration we can rent till we find somewhere. we want to move for a better life and would love a quiet area with a good school to send our children could anyone point me in the direction of a nice quiet area please????i dnt no many towns around there and want 2 stay away from crime!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:05 PM

5 posts, read 20,452 times
Default Movng to Florida. No children.

I understand that Kissimmee and Poinciana may not be good for families with young children, but how about if you don't have young children? My husband and I are looking to relocate to Florida and with having some relatives that live in Central Florida, we're considering both towns. I am a flight attendant so I need easy access to the airport. We don't want to spend more than 80k on a 3 bedroom house. Fixer uppers are ok. Any advice? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando