Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,792 times

Advertisements

The only area I am familiar with in Orlando is probably a 5 mile radius all around the Walt Disney World property. I have been doing a ton of research on the neighborhoods to avoid and the ones that are safe.
I know that Dr. Phillips and Windermere are great neighborhoods, just haven't had any luck finding apartments in those areas, seems like a rental free zone. Understandable.
I would like to be at most 20 minutes away from the Universal area.
What are your opinions on the Millenia area? I have heard to avoid it period and than I have heard that it is okay before you hit the Americana blvd areas. I was looking at the apartments along the Millenia Blvd strip off of Oak Ridge Rd.

Also I was looking at a rental on Conroy(Windermere?) Rd. West of the turnpike. Very close to Kirkman but considered a part of Windermere. Not familiar with the area, hoping someone can enlighten me.

Any opinions or experience will help a lot.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 11:01 PM

146 posts, read 220,444 times
Millenia surrounding the mall/shopping area: fine. Once you hit Americana/Texas/OBT, say goodbye.

32839 is not a good zipcode generally. A tiny pocket of it is fine, but overall nah.

You'll have better luck in the 32819 zip, seems to be better.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:53 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,659 times
I'm not a fan of the Millenia area and wouldn't personally live there. I have friends that live at Crest and like it (so far, it's a new complex). I had friends that lived off of Millenia Blvd. who saw the aftermath of a murder outside of their apartment. Another friend had their apartment broken into.

The apartment on Conroy- is it Montevista? It's generally quiet. I wouldn't go any closer to Kirkman though.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:29 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,316,716 times
There are some newer rental units right on sand lake rd in Dr Phillips. Have you checked them out? you'd be less than 10 mins away from universal

Old 01-15-2016, 06:09 AM

82 posts, read 204,830 times
Check out Rialto on Sand Lake and also Altis at Sand Lake for apartments. I am nor sure of their pricing, but the location would be close to Universal.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 AM

17,146 posts, read 15,350,560 times
What about those apartments behind Valencia? Hiawassee/Westpointe area? I don't have much experience with them, but the area looks very nice. Is that a good area? Might be worth checking out.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:26 PM

35,685 posts, read 21,035,253 times
yea that area-- recent news = bang bang- might have to commute a bit from US-- depends on budget metro west looks good and I love the old Mills road- etc north of 50 --might not be a complex I just love the area

Old 01-15-2016, 02:41 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,316,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebSchroeder View Post
Check out Rialto on Sand Lake and also Altis at Sand Lake for apartments. I am nor sure of their pricing, but the location would be close to Universal.
Yes that is what I was thinking but couldnt remember the name!

Old 02-12-2016, 09:37 AM

58 posts, read 59,586 times
I moved to The Place on Millenia off of Millenia Blvd (right beside The Crest) from Nashville in January 2012 and still currently live here.

For my particular complex I can say overall I love my unit and the view (3rd floor, overlooks the lake on property and Universal property so I see the fireworks every night). Property managers have changed a few times and it's not like it used to be as far as free community gatherings, landscaping isn't as kept up as it used to be, and so on. Service requests are usually handled day of request or following day, usually in good time. For about a year, there were some issues with security as far as break ins, but the police officers who live in the complex seem to have gotten that under control.

Which leads me to the apartments across the street, Northbridge, The Villages, and The Fountains. According to the police officers in our complex, the trouble we were receiving with break ins were coming from across the street at the apartments I named. I can also say I personally don't favor that side of the street neither so it's pretty safe to say I don't recommend those.

Further down Millenia on the opposite side of Conroy, The M North is new and they look pretty nice. There's a lot of new development over there and that'll be a nice area to be in after all is finished.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:01 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,396,829 times
I wouldn't live there. The last time I was at that Mall there was someone tatted up in gang ink making gang signs to other people out front. And the Mall is the nice part of that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando