Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 7,884 times

Advertisements

in my earlier reply i stated how kissimmee and central florida has become a stagnant area for growth. except for the building of cookie-cutter houses. what i hope for the future is that people living in that area become more active in it instead of complaining about it. voting and becoming more educated in the things that are going on to help bring the community from the brink of miami part 2.im going to college in tampa and i see that downtown tampa is thriving with jobs and benefits all because of activeness in the community. but places like the hillsborough county area remain oblivious to the fact that they are moving nowhere and the place looks like crap. what they do there is just complain to offices that they are not funded. but then when it shows what county voted the most the downtown area blows them out of the water. hopefully that little example would show that activeness in the community is key to making it become successful. once im through with college i do plan to move back and hopefully be part of something positive and drive out the problems that give a growing community such a bad rep.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:51 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,020 times
New growth in the works in Poinciana:

Lowes: Poinciana Blvd/Pleasant Hill Rd

Home Depot: Poinciana Blvd/17/92

Solivata Market Place: Cypress Parkway/Magnolia

Poinciana Town Center: The Mediterranean-style center will feature nine buildings and more than 100,000 square feet of retail space. Cypress Parkway Next to Walmart

New Shopping Center: Cypress Parkway/Southport Road

Promenade Office Park: Cypress Parkway/behind Publix
Liberty High School: Pleasant Hill Rd

Pleasant Hill Office Park: Cypress Parkway, Across from Burger King and slightly towards Poinciana Blvd.

Southport Shopping Center: Southport Rd/Cypress Parkway (Already Open)

The widening of Poinciana Blvd and Magnolia are already underway
Planned: Magnolia to connect via a toll road to I4
Planned: Connector from Poinciana to the Turnpike in St Cloud

Projected growth in Poinciana huge! Lots of jobs heading that way.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:09 PM

442 posts, read 2,912,712 times
Don't forget Super Target!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 PM

800 posts, read 3,088,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ67 View Post
Don't forget Super Target!

Do you know exactly where that is going? I think it's going in Solivita Market Place.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:39 PM

actually Behind there which will lead to major traffic jams... but well worth i do not set FOOT in The Poinciana Walmart! that place is so Ghetto and expensive!

Old 05-04-2007, 08:43 AM

15 posts, read 117,251 times
AJ67, where is Super Target?
We purchased in Poinciana but haven't moved there yet.
Thanks

Old 05-04-2007, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 3,628 times
Default Poinciana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie214 View Post
We are thinking of moving to Poinciana/Kissimme, zip code 34759 Polk County.
Can you tell me the pros & cons of the area. Thinking of moving into the adult community called Solivita. Please help.
You will lament it if you do, call me if you want or email and I will explain

Old 05-04-2007, 10:40 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie214 View Post
We are thinking of moving to Poinciana/Kissimme, zip code 34759 Polk County.
Can you tell me the pros & cons of the area. Thinking of moving into the adult community called Solivita. Please help.
Do NOT move to Poinciana or Kissimmee, unless you:

1. Can speak FLUENT SPANISH. "Espanol de Gringo" will not work here.

2. Enjoy loud Spanish music at 3am every night.

3. Has work authorization to work in the "Republica de Poinciana" since your American Social Security card is not valid in the area. Americans are the "illegal aliens" in this area.

4. Enjoy robberies and murders on the street corners on a daily basis.

Otherwise, do NOT move to that area!!

Old 05-04-2007, 10:52 AM

170 posts, read 571,203 times
I'd say Nirvana Guy summed it up pretty well.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:04 PM

Lord it is nothing like that...First of all most of the Spanish speaking People are AMERICANS from Peurto Rico.. they just happen not to like to speak English to often...
Second where do you get your "murder on every street Corner" information...?
I will admit that it irks me to go the store and people are rude and speak spanish while there are waiting on your ( WALMART) but i don;'t shop there i go to the one in winter haven....
Poincianas Grew way to big way to fast and now the people that have been here for a long time are feeling the effects of their once quiet hamlet become a buslting city virtually over night.. there is alot of adjustments that need to be made....
One has already started with the Police in full force .. much better then they are in shall we say BVL! they just plain old stay out of there!....
and as for the Target its GOING up behind Walgreens Near Solvita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando