Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 11:44 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times

Advertisements

You're right, not as big and not as populated, but wouldn't you think after living there for 10 years I'd come across more morons than I do in Orlando on a weekly basis?

Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 AM

167 posts, read 409,571 times
Speaking of cops, what about the drivers that slam on their brakes when they see one and slow down to BELOW the speed limit! Are these the same ones that voted for Ob....biting tongue!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:48 AM

429 posts, read 1,104,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
You're right, not as big and not as populated, but wouldn't you think after living there for 10 years I'd come across more morons than I do in Orlando on a weekly basis?
not necessarily... but then again, who knows? lol

Old 12-22-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
Speaking of cops, what about the drivers that slam on their brakes when they see one and slow down to BELOW the speed limit! Are these the same ones that voted for Ob....biting tongue!
Yea, that is annoying, but i'm not sure how that even gets to be political, i'd assume there are morons who are republicans, democrats, independents, green party, lol and they all will get scared of flashing lights and try to act as if they normally drive 50 in a 60 mph

Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Florida's laws on a license and insurance actually are not lax, its ENFORCEMENT that is lax!

At least as far as insurance goes the law is not lax. You have to carry at the very least PIP (personal injury protection) with a $10,000 minimum. If you cancel this and still have a car, the insurance company is required to alert the DMV and your license is suspended and remains so until you either sell your car, or get new insurance

My mom didnt know this so naturally she was the one who got pulled over and chewed out by a cop over it.

Not having insurance would save me so much money ($235 a month to be exact) but I know the minute I cancel my insurance a cop will pull me over and either give me a huge fine or arrest me. And if that doesnt happen I will live in fear of being pulled over for something and then the cop finding out
But in most states if you have no car insurance...you're car is getting impounded...not here.

So there is no incentive to get car insurance in FL...which is why it leads the nation in uninsured drivers.

Yes they get a ticket..and yes eventually the DL gets supspended...so then they drive on a suspended DL.

Impounding the vehicle(like most states do) forces the owner to get insurance.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:57 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
And in addition to not using signals....how about using hazard lights when a car breaks down?

I can't tell you how many times I see a car broken down and no hazard lights on warning other drivers.

I have seen people with their heads under a hood of a car and no hazzard lights on.

Do they have a death wish?

Old 12-22-2009, 01:30 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFlaBound View Post
not necessarily... but then again, who knows? lol
I've lived in both places, so I can tell you that there is something to the terrible and rude drivers in Orlando. Same people, same BS found in S FL too. Different locations attract different people, and I'll leave it at that, lol.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Case in point. Why even live in a place where you have to deal with these people? That's my thinking anyway.
You read my post about people who dart acorss 5 lanes of traffic to make a turn.

I witnessed that on John Young Parkway by N. Town Loop Blvd in Hunter's Creek on my way to work today. This guy in a tiny little Hyundai Accent darted from the left lane slamming on his brakes I almost hit him (thank god i have good brakes) I slammed down on the horn as her turned onto Town Loop Blvd

Next question

You are a new resident to the Orlando area, you are driving on 417 and are approaching the Landstar Toll Plaza. You still have out of state plates and do not own an E-Pass, you see signs for the E-Pass express lane and arrows pointing for drivers paying cash what do you do?

A. Pay the $1.25 like an honest citizen
B. Run throug the E-Pass lane and not worry about it because of your plates (do this as often as possible)
C. Attach $1.25 to a string and hand it to the guy, yank it back and speed off into the distance

Old 12-23-2009, 05:03 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
You read my post about people who dart acorss 5 lanes of traffic to make a turn.
I've seen the same thing happen all over the country. I'm really beginning to think that most of you ahve never left the state of Florida.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I've seen the same thing happen all over the country. I'm really beginning to think that most of you ahve never left the state of Florida.
at least someone else sees what i've been saying

Also, with the toll thing, unless you have noticed the same car and license plate doing it many times, could it just be they don't' understand? I know that's somewhat tough to believe, but its a combo of that and the fact they don't send out a ticket or warning when you do it the first time.
When I first arrived to Florida with NY plates, I went on the 417 one day and there was a 25 cent toll that all I had was the choice of exact change or sunpass. I went into exact and then realized I had no change, so ... I went through... immediately called some friends from Florida somewhat panicked, but was told not to worry about it as they would send something in the mail or never know. At the next toll, I told the toll attendant and apologized and offered to pay it, she told me not to worry about it and gave me some change in the form of quarters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando