Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:09 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,152,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Since FCA is partnering with Mazda would love to see them make a factory Monster Miata with a N/A 385 HP 5.7 or 485HP 6.4L Hemi now that the Dodge Viper is slated to be discontinued would make a viable Chrysler sports car they could finally produce a the Dodge copperhead Concept and have an ACR version.
Not in this lifetime. That's way too much power for the chassis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 08:29 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
I was at the local Cars & Coffee earlier this month and there was a first-gen Miata with a Ford 5 liter engine stuffed under the hood. I've read about that conversion before but it was the first one I've seen in the wild. Pretty cool. Reminded me of a Sunbeam Tiger.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant View Post
I was at the local Cars & Coffee earlier this month and there was a first-gen Miata with a Ford 5 liter engine stuffed under the hood. I've read about that conversion before but it was the first one I've seen in the wild. Pretty cool. Reminded me of a Sunbeam Tiger.
I've seen that one, I believe. It's a cool one-off, to be sure, but it would never make it through the bean-counters as any kind of mass-produced vehicle today.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:21 AM

8,335 posts, read 6,421,491 times
Engine swap cars like the monster Miata here in CA have to go to a BAR referee and pass their rigorous requirements to pass smog.
Its such a hassle that everyone has just given up on engine swap cars in Calif.
Same thing with guns and rapidly getting worse, so expensive and so much trouble just forget ti.
Don't move to Calif. unless your a Communist.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Engine swap cars like the monster Miata here in CA have to go to a BAR referee and pass their rigorous requirements to pass smog.
Its such a hassle that everyone has just given up on engine swap cars in Calif.
Same thing with guns and rapidly getting worse, so expensive and so much trouble just forget ti.
Don't move to Calif. unless your a Communist.
So... Because California has more rigorous emissions standards and gun control, only Communists live there. Sound logic.

(Also, it's "you're". Although, in fairness, California public education is rather unfortunate.)

Old 01-05-2018, 05:49 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,421 times
OK, so I've rented Fiat 124 Abarths a week at a time, three or four times in the past few months. They are a total blast. Manual transmission is a lot more fun than the automatic, by a long shot. Not practical for me to own--have tall relatives that would not be able to fit, and some that could not get into and out of these little beasts. Budget Car Rental is where I go.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:58 AM

166 posts, read 170,589 times
thumps up for the 124 spider! i do like it. i would like to take it for a ride. saw the 2016 version during a car show in Germany, right before it was about to enter the car market.Guess it's as good as it looks.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:24 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Reminds me, in concept of the Sunbeam Tiger with the Ford V8, but that 289 had a lot less HP. I really like the looks of the new Fiat 124, and wouldn't hesitate to buy one. That being said, I am more in the market for an NC Miata to do a few mods, and drive as a weekend car. I think the FIAT designers did a great job of using the styling cues from the original. Back in the mid 70's, I almost bought a Fiat 124 Sport Coupe, but opted for a BMW 2002 instead.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:17 AM

774 posts, read 1,048,096 times
I owned a Mazda Miata for 9 years until it met an untimely death this summer from a deer collision. I was pushing close to 150,000 and was expecting to get to 200,000 before I finally started looking for a replacement. I kept up with the routine maintenance and never had any real problems with it.

After the accident, I was looking for another Miata but couldn't find what I wanted. We'd seen the Fiat 124 last year at an auto show and really liked the styling. So I wound up getting a 2018 coming off a lease early. To me the styling is more aggressive/sporty than the Miata, the handling is as good or better, and the engine sounds better. And the seats have more support and are more comfortable.

I couldn't ask for more and am very happy with my choice. I'm not sure if I'll keep this one for 9+ years though. At some point I'll need to get something with a lite more room.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:09 PM

777 posts, read 503,312 times
Back in the day I had a 1971 124 Sport Coupe that was a lot of fun. Dual overhead cam, five speed. A little tricky to drive. This was in the era of platform shoes, if you remember those, and I had to keep a pair of loafers in the car to drive in. You had to drive it "con brio", as the Italians say, "with gusto". It was easier to drive it a little fast. It got hit on the street by a drunk driver. I sold it cheap to my BIL, but he took the engine out and it turned into a pile of rust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Other Brands