Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:49 AM

24,591 posts, read 26,161,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Storing stuff you never use.

Unfortunately for me, my wife is a professional pack rat, she has stuff from gawd knows how many moons ago. Every nook and cranny is packed with stuff, even the garage which has 14 large cabinets and a ceiling rack is loaded. Everything has a purpose she sez. Good peeve Jezer.
Mine too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 10:59 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,072,131 times
Today's peeve reminds me of George Carlin's routine on 'stuff' lol so true.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:47 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,846,869 times

I only try to buy stuff I will use after I became frustrated with the amount of stuff I gave away and garage saled. I would agree with Miss. J. I can't speak for the U.S., but in Canada most people seem to have lots of room for clutter. Great peeve.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:17 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,842,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

It's a beautiful sunny and crisp winter's morning out there;

Mrs J and I are now planning the remodelling of our utility room using some units from our kitchen, prior to a new kitchen being fitted due to the water leaks we had. (Ain't life complicated! )

So we have been going through what is stored in the cupboards in the utility room and reckon that certain large items can go. We found one gizmo still in it's wrapping from our return from Texas a few years ago!

So my dear peevers, if you're still with me in this thread, today's peeve centres (centers ) around stuff you store but never use.

POTD;

By the way, help us out here. Mrs J reckons that this is less of an issue in the US because she thinks everyone has more storage space. Your views on this would be appreciated.
Please yell Mrs. J that her logic is flawed. We do, indeed have more space, an entire basement in fact. That basement is full if stuff we really don't need to keep and probably 99% of it is going to be sold at garage sales, donated, or hauled to the dump. It is not going with us to the new house when we move.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:56 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,362,094 times
Thankfully I am not a packrat. I hate that LOL.... I am very organized but wasn't a long time ago lol.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:51 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,699,324 times
Several years ago Nancy was complaining that due to her weight loss (she had almost no boobs) her blouses did not fit. I went to Victoria's Secret, I asked Magnum Mike how to get there, and bought her a pair of silicone breast enhancers. She thought the made her look much better but since we didn't go out much she didn't use them often. After she died I was going through her stuff, giving most of it away. The box for the enhancers was on the shelf in her closet where I had seen it for several years. When I took it down I was surprised to find it empty. She had told me they were cold and I guess she either gave them away or threw them out. Not wanting me to be disappointed she kept the empty box where I could see it every day. Except for the part about Magnum Mike the above is all factual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics