Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 07:25 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,397,997 times

Advertisements

The other day, I get on the elevator at work on the ground floor with another man. Once the doors close, the man lets out a bunch of "silent but deadlies". The man gets off soon thereafter, as if he had only come on the elevator specifically TO fart. Then I'm trapped in the elevator with the sulfurous odor by myself for one floor until the doors open on the next floor (not mine) and an attractive woman comes on in. I suppose for the split second, the vents outside of the elevator disguised the smell so she had no idea what she was in for when she set foot inside this mechanical box of nose poison. Then the doors close and you can see her nose recoil in horror as it registers first on the nose, then migrates up into the mouth, the eyes and the brain into a "what in God's name IS that?!" recoiling facial grimace. And then, the disgusted sideways glance in my direction. Yes, of course, she didn't know that there had been anyone else in the elevator and thought it was me who did it. Of course, your first response is to say "No, no, it's not me!" but then again, what would that do ? You can't win. It's impolite to even acknowledge the fart. It's unbelievable and impractical to suddenly explain to a stranger the identity of the mysterious farter. Yet if you ignore it and say nothing, she'll think it was you. I said nothing and silently put a voodoo curse on that mysterious man who has inadvertently given me the title of "the Office Stench".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 09:23 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,331,080 times
Recently, I got a part-time seasonal job at a retailer (can never have enough $$$ for Xmas, ugh), as a cashier. A couple of days before Christmas, this lady and her daughter come to my line. They were buying one of those huge outdoor basketball courts for her other kid as a gift. She also had about a trillion different basketballs with her. I started ringing them up. She's asking me which basketball is the one on sale for $8.00 because that's the one she wants. She and her daughter grab two bottles of soda out of the fridge and start drinking while on line. So, I have to scan all of the balls to find out which one is $8.00. So I'm scanning and they're drinking, no ball is ringing up for that amount. She starts getting all agitated and yelling, not at me, but kind of up in the air like "Oh, my god, this always happens to me, I go to a store when it has a sale and nothing I buy ends up on sale!!!". So now, I have to call my manager over. Lady and her daughter are still drinking their sodas. Manager can't understand why the balls aren't on sale. Lady offers to run and get the actual sign. So I keep scanning the other stuff and bagging while she runs to the back of the store. I knocked over her soda that she had left with me. I stood it back up and kept scanning items. My manager's standing near me waiting for the woman. She comes back with the sign and two more balls, neither of which scan for $8.00. My manager now has to call in the back to find out if maybe we ran out of those particular balls. The woman is still ranting and raving and out of breath from running through the store. She picks up her soda for a swig, opens it...and it explodes all over her face and clothes. Now, I'm yelling "oh my god, oh my god, I'm so sorry" with my hands over my face, trying not to laugh. She's just staring at me, the daughter's staring at her and my manager's mouth is on the ground. The woman finally says, "don't worry, this this the story of my life", we straighten everything out and she leaves. Laughing, my manager turns to me and says "you shook it when she wasn't looking, didn't you". I swear, I really knocked it over by accident!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 03:26 PM

104 posts, read 234,775 times
In 5th grade my girlfriend and I went shopping at a sporting goods store with her mom when we turned the corner and spotted a man triying on shoes with his leg up on the bench. Well his "little buddy" was sneaking out of his running shorts and I thought we were going to die !!!!! Well we got caught by Her mom going in for another peak. Girls wills be girls !

Old 02-13-2007, 07:34 AM

152 posts, read 732,337 times
My most embarrasing moment probably came when I posted an bad posting here very recently. I deeply apologize to everybody for it.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:25 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,019,871 times
This is not a funny embarassing moment - rather a foot in your mouth moment. I had a girlfriends whose mother was in the hospital dying of cancer. Mom wanted to meet my son for the first time - he was about 2. So, I take him to the hospital and say this is "so and so" and she's dying to meet you. I wanted to crawl under a table.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:03 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,984 times
Thumbs up Feeling the breeze

After my horrible dining experience last night (please see carpet commandos in restaraunts), I found this thread which has had me laughing for the last 20 minutes or so.

ONE of my most embarrassing moments just so happens to be my most public one.

When I was at university I played women's rugby. One Saturday match with a particularly large crowd to include the men's A, B and C teams I was running with the ball for a try (touchdown for you American folks). Low and behold my shorts go south. Do I stop in mid stride to hike them up or do I keep running and get those extra points? I kept running to the sound of hysterical laughter and cheering. My bum cheekies felt the breeze that day but I didn't have to buy one drink that night in the local pub. You could say I was the butt of their jokes

Old 03-12-2007, 08:22 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,541,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
I recall my last embarassing moment a few months ago.I was at Wal-Mart and it was kinda of late so the place wasn't quite crowded.I went to use the restroom and without even looking at the sign above the entrance,I found myself in the ladies room.Now here's the kicker,I used the restroom and was thinking to myself that it was really clean in here and it smelled clean as well(still not having a clue that I was in the wrong bathroom).I wash my hands and turn around to dry them and that's when I see the thing on the wall for womens feminine products.Now I'm freaking out and it clicks in my head that this is wrong.I did not even realize that when I went in that there were not any stand up urinals.End of story,I walk out and look to see if anyone seen me coming out of the ladies room,I was lucky I think. I will always make sure I read the sign before I go in,I'm just glad the restroom was empty.
Cabin Fever, for this reason, I'm VERY careful when I go to the rest room at Cracker Barrel restaurants. For some reason, The men's and women's rooms will be reversed from the normal MEN on Left, WOMEN on right. I actually found my self in a couple when I first strted eating at Cracker Barrels

Old 04-05-2008, 03:06 AM

4 posts, read 7,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
No but did you ever go down one of those big slides that are in those tubes and then you splash down really fast and your bathing suit ends up over your head practically and you wonder why a bunch of people are standing at the bottom watching you crash land. I didn't realize it before I went up there. I never did that again.
Don't worry from what i here that happens to alot of people.

Last edited by Zorgblar; 04-05-2008 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-05-2008, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
This is not a funny embarassing moment - rather a foot in your mouth moment. I had a girlfriends whose mother was in the hospital dying of cancer. Mom wanted to meet my son for the first time - he was about 2. So, I take him to the hospital and say this is "so and so" and she's dying to meet you. I wanted to crawl under a table.
BAD choice of words!LOL!

Old 04-05-2008, 03:33 AM

Default My embarrassing moment

Once when i was 17 i was taking a shower and there were no towels because they were all in the wash and i had to go to my room to get dressed and on the way my sister and her friend happened to walking to my sister's room and they were like 16 and 17 at the time so when i saw them i covered myself with my hands and as i was trying to get get by they were pointing and laughing at me and to make matters after i got past my sister and her friend my sister's friend gave me a playful slap on the butt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics