Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:25 PM

617 posts, read 2,821,759 times

Advertisements

What is your most embarrassing moment (That you are willing to disclose)

Ok..... I have many, but here is one that particularly humiliatied me in my younger years.

I was 19. I finally was asked out by this guy that I had a crush on for a while. Our first date went really well. He asked me to hang out again, the following evening. The second night, we began talking about our history in sports. I told him about how I was a Water Polo player, and he commented that I must have very strong legs. Of course I said I did (It was true). So all this conversation led to a friendly wrestling match, with all my roomates and a few of his friends as spectators. I got him in a leg lock, and he seriously couldn't break free, however...... I may have squeezed a little too hard. I have no idea where it came from, I didn't even have a stomach ache, but I let out a HUGE fart. I know, I know, you are probably wondering why I would admit to this on the world wide web. But, it is a fact of life that we all must face.
Well anyhoo..... this guy was totally shocked. He began dating one of my roomates after that, she also happened to be one of my best friends. They ended up married a few years down the road. To this day, she thanks me for being such a dork, and letting one rip. She was like "Thanks for farting that night, if you hadn't, I don't know if I would have ended up with my husband!"
She also added... " I didn't fart in front of him until after we were married, I was too afraid of freaking him out!"
So guys..... on this note..... let 'em rip..... your most embarrassing moments I mean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2006, 03:37 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,229 times
Typical guys! They actually think girls don't do that stuff (little do they know.....hhhmmm, hhhmmm)! I have way too many for this thread....I'll have to think a little longer and narrow it down. Good topic.

Old 09-16-2006, 04:29 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,566 times
Mine was in my office in a call center in Oakland, California where I was a senior manager. My boss was a fantastic lady who was the director of the site and had almost 800 employees total she was responsible for and a team of five senior managers (including me) who reported to her. I had twelve unit managers and about 150 employees under me. It was a suit and tie environment and I had a nasty stomach gas issue one day. I cut loose in my office and it was so bad that I stood up to evacuate...and just as I got past my desk my boss appeared in my doorway, entered, and stopped cold. She had a puzzled look of shock on her face, I immediately got a 200F fever as I turned raspberry in embarrassment. She said nothing, turned around and began HOWLING in convulsive laughter as she sped off. Luckily she had a great sense of humor. I think I nearly fainted from embarrassment.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:35 PM

Okay, here's one...I can't remember how old I was (and no funny people, it was not just yesterday!!) Remember those rides at the park that everyone would get on and one kid would push it real fast while running in a circle and then hop on...usually everyone came off green? Well, one 4th of July weekend a whole bunch of us family/friends went camping. The campsite was big and had one of these parks. After it had poured all day, it finally stopped and they were doing fireworks there at dusk. So we all ate, washed our faces with stream water to freshen up, put on fresh, warm clothes in case it got chilly, etc. It was a pretty far walk and some of us walked over before the others. We decided to go on that ride. Well, I got stuck being the first one to run around and I started pushing. I got to top speed pretty fast and was gathering some good momentum....until I tripped over a rock and fell flat on my face in a puddle of mud. The ride was going so fast that everyone just kept spinning past me and I could hear bits of laughing. I was so embarassed I didn't get up. I laid there with my face and front still in the mud when of all people, my father (even more embarassing) came and picked me up. Everyone was clapping (even strangers) as if I had gotten hurt on the field during a pro-game and was finally up.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:02 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,391,548 times
Well, I have had a lifetime marked by embarrassing moments that would exhaust the bandwidth of this site for me to list them all. The one that happened to me the other day is all too familiar as others have posted. I'd hate to add to the fart frenzy but....

Yesterday was my first day at my new job. For whatever reason, whether it be nerves or something I ate, I had really bad gas but was desperately trying to hold it in. After around three hours of stomach clenching and biting my tongue, I finally thought that I was alone and unlikely to be disturbed so I let one rip, a long one, but I was of course careful to control it's release and point it under the table rather towards out in the open, and made sure to be somewhat slow with it so it was silent but deadly rather than a loud explosion. Ahhhh, it felt so good. Except the fact that no more than 10 seconds after detonation, this cute girl who I had met earlier in the day just popped in. I don't know if she noticed anything. She didn't act as if she did but perhaps she was just being polite. Such a great first impression.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
Well, I have had a lifetime marked by embarrassing moments that would exhaust the bandwidth of this site for me to list them all. The one that happened to me the other day is all too familiar as others have posted. I'd hate to add to the fart frenzy but....

Yesterday was my first day at my new job. For whatever reason, whether it be nerves or something I ate, I had really bad gas but was desperately trying to hold it in. After around three hours of stomach clenching and biting my tongue, I finally thought that I was alone and unlikely to be disturbed so I let one rip, a long one, but I was of course careful to control it's release and point it under the table rather towards out in the open, and made sure to be somewhat slow with it so it was silent but deadly rather than a loud explosion. Ahhhh, it felt so good. Except the fact that no more than 10 seconds after detonation, this cute girl who I had met earlier in the day just popped in. I don't know if she noticed anything. She didn't act as if she did but perhaps she was just being polite. Such a great first impression.

Okay, you're gross and very calculated on how you disperse your grossness, just like my husband....ugh, is it all men?!

I have a fart one too, it's embarassing, but not because of me. It's embarassing because it just goes to show what price we women have to pay for having immature husbands! About a month ago, my husband came home laughing hysterically with one of his stories that he usually names "You wanna hear something fk'd up?!" So he proceeds to tell me that he and his buddy stopped at the local pharmacy for cigarettes. As they're walking he had to "bust ass" as he so cleanly puts it. Well, it was long, loud and bad...and it apparently collided with a little boy who was walking past him with his mom at that exact moment. The little boy got upset (wouldn't you?) So now I'm supposed to laugh, which I'm not, because I'm thinking "did I marry him or give birth to him". Anyway, a couple of weeks go by and I go to shoprite with the kids...the older ones are walking ahead, little one's in the cart I'm pushing. We're in the soda aisle and a woman, maybe mid 40's is arguing with her elderly mother about why she always drinks so much soda. I'm passing along all happy and dandy. My one daughter turns around to tell me something as I come passing behind the old lady. Who in turn, "busts MAJOR ass" at me. It was long, loud and bad. My eyes popped out of my skull, I started running with the cart, the kids were laughing at me and the woman was yelling at her mother "stop it, mom, just stop it, you're disgusting!". So I told my husband and he thinks it's awesome that I "took the fall" for him. Gross!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 PM

8 posts, read 24,725 times
well my moment is at a lake where i went swimming off of a very nice boat with friends which were wealthy and of course skinny..thought i'd get that out of the way..i have a weight problem...get the picture...well anyway i got in the water to swim where they informed me later that they had no ladder to get back on the boat with... so my husband and one of the guys tried to pull me on to the boat and i couldn't climb on either....they tried everything... i had to swim across the lake to the land where they could dock to get me back on.....had to be there it was funny as **** but not at the time..

Old 09-16-2006, 11:10 PM

Anybody ever have a boob pop out of a bathing suit? I did, at the beach, when a wave pushed a boogie board into me and knocked me down, while my dad was videotaping us swim.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:46 AM

622 posts, read 2,709,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Okay, you're gross and very calculated on how you disperse your grossness, just like my husband....ugh, is it all men?!

I have a fart one too, it's embarassing, but not because of me. It's embarassing because it just goes to show what price we women have to pay for having immature husbands! About a month ago, my husband came home laughing hysterically with one of his stories that he usually names "You wanna hear something fk'd up?!" So he proceeds to tell me that he and his buddy stopped at the local pharmacy for cigarettes. As they're walking he had to "bust ass" as he so cleanly puts it. Well, it was long, loud and bad...and it apparently collided with a little boy who was walking past him with his mom at that exact moment. The little boy got upset (wouldn't you?) So now I'm supposed to laugh, which I'm not, because I'm thinking "did I marry him or give birth to him". Anyway, a couple of weeks go by and I go to shoprite with the kids...the older ones are walking ahead, little one's in the cart I'm pushing. We're in the soda aisle and a woman, maybe mid 40's is arguing with her elderly mother about why she always drinks so much soda. I'm passing along all happy and dandy. My one daughter turns around to tell me something as I come passing behind the old lady. Who in turn, "busts MAJOR ass" at me. It was long, loud and bad. My eyes popped out of my skull, I started running with the cart, the kids were laughing at me and the woman was yelling at her mother "stop it, mom, just stop it, you're disgusting!". So I told my husband and he thinks it's awesome that I "took the fall" for him. Gross!!!!!!!!!
hilarious story!!!!!!

never had the boob problem. but, once i was in the grocery store with my fiance (who reminds me very much of pixieshmoo's husband). as we walked into an aisle, he decided to "bust ass" right behind a young man stocking the shelves, then quickly run away... so of course the employee turns around and sees me standing there, red-faced and speechless. it was so embarrassing.

yes, we have a very loving relationship. full of practical jokes.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:04 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
Anybody ever have a boob pop out of a bathing suit? I did, at the beach, when a wave pushed a boogie board into me and knocked me down, while my dad was videotaping us swim.
No but did you ever go down one of those big slides that are in those tubes and then you splash down really fast and your bathing suit ends up over your head practically and you wonder why a bunch of people are standing at the bottom watching you crash land. I didn't realize it before I went up there. I never did that again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics