Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 07:46 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,773,744 times

Advertisements

Todays Question(s):

Have you ever used one of those e-readers like the Nook or the Kindle? Nope.

If so, what did you like about it?

What did you dislike about it?

Would you (or did you) buy one for yourself?

How about for someone else?

If you haven
t ever used an e-reader, why not? No use for it.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you got the credit or the blame for something that someone else did? Just last night.

Were you able to set straight the misunderstanding? Something that didn't really matter to me if I were blamed or not.

Bonus Question:

It
s International Left-Handers Day! Are you a southpaw? Nope.

Is anyone in your family left-handed? My brother.

Just for Fun:

What is the longest time you
ve ever gone without taking a shower or bath? One week.

Why did you wait so long between ablutions?
I'm 9 months pregnant & measure in at 42 weeks, have you ever tried taking a shower or bath?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 08:12 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Good Monday morning everyone!

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever used one of those e-readers like the Nook or the Kindle? I have a Kindle Fire

If so, what did you like about it? I can take it with me in my purse in place of a computer. I can store a gagillion books or movies on it too

What did you dislike about it? It might be just my settings but I can't seem to open e-mail attachments...I haven't had it that long to explore everything yet.

Would you (or did you) buy one for yourself? I was to buy one but my in-laws went together and got me one for my birthday.

How about for someone else? I don't buy that expensive of gifts for people. I go in on it but won't buy it totally myself.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you got the credit or the blame for something that someone else did? I've never got the credit....growing up a Preacher's daughter in a small town I got the blame alot. Now I'm very sensitive about it.

Were you able to set straight the misunderstanding? As an adult, I will set the record straight very quickly even on the silliest things....again...childhood scars.

Bonus Question:

It’s International Left-Handers Day! Are you a southpaw? Nope

Is anyone in your family left-handed? Not blood family...a number of my inlaws are

Just for Fun:

What is the longest time you’ve ever gone without taking a shower or bath? Couple of days

Why did you wait so long between ablutions? Too busy

Have a great day everyone!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
[quote=MidwesternBookWorm;25610278]Good Monday morning, all, and welcome to another week! I hope your weekend was restful and fun, and that you are starting the week full of energy and enthusiasm.

And speaking of starting the week, thanks for stopping by the daily Question thread to start your week with:

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever used one of those e-readers like the Nook or the Kindle?

Would you (or did you) buy one for yourself? I have an IPAD that can be used as a reader.

If you haven’t ever used an e-reader, why not?

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you got the credit or the blame for something that someone else did?

Were you able to set straight the misunderstanding?

Bonus Question:

It’s International Left-Handers Day! Are you a southpaw?

Is anyone in your family left-handed? I'm left-handed.

Just for Fun:

What is the longest time you’ve ever gone without taking a shower or bath? Few days.

Why did you wait so long between ablutions? Surgery.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:16 AM

38,891 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever used one of those e-readers like the Nook or the Kindle? Yes, I have one.

If so, what did you like about it? It's a lot more portable than a hard-copy book.

What did you dislike about it? The one I have is a basic model and does not have a color display.

Would you (or did you) buy one for yourself? I got mine as a Christmas gift last year.

How about for someone else? I wouldn't hesitate to give one as a gift.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you got the credit or the blame for something that someone else did? I can't remember. It must have been at work a long time ago.

Were you able to set straight the misunderstanding? I'm sure I did.

Bonus Question:

It’s International Left-Handers Day! Are you a southpaw? No

Is anyone in your family left-handed? One of my uncles (dad's younger brother)

Just for Fun:

What is the longest time you’ve ever gone without taking a shower or bath? Probably 3-4 days.

Why did you wait so long between ablutions? I had just gotten laid off from my last job and got lazy, I guess.

Happy start of a new week!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,674 times
Mornin' all!

Everything post-surgically is going as well as can be expected. The house is starting to get back to some semblance of normal.

Today’s Question(s):

Only during a demo.

I didn't like anything about it.

It's not a book. I like holding books and turning pages. I like the feel and smell of real books.

No, and I hope no one thinks it would be a good idea to buy one for me.

I bought a Nook for Hubby, which is why I did the demo. He's an avid reader, but doesn't like to "collect" things, so I figured he'd like not having a bunch of books hanging around after he's finished with them. He seems to like it just fine.

It's just not a book. And unless they completely quit printing books, I probably never will use one.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you got the credit or the blame for something that someone else did?

Bonus Question:

Depends on what I'm doing. I write right-handed, but there are many things I simply cannot do with my right hand; peel an orange, deal cards, count money...

Is anyone in your family left-handed?
Hubby is a leftie. My sister, who is more ambidextrous than I am, and I are the closest to lefties in the biological family.

Just for Fun:

What is the longest time you’ve ever gone without taking a shower or bath?
Five days.

Very primitive camping.

Today in History:

1521 – Tenochtitlán (present-day Mexico City) falls to the forces of conquistador Hernán Cortés
1792 – King Louis XVI of France is arrested by the National Tribunal and is declared an enemy of the people
1868 – A massive earthquake near Arica, Peru causes an estimated 25,000 casualties, and the subsequent tsunami causes severe damage as far away as Hawaii and New Zealand
1913 – First production of stainless steel by Harry Brearley
1918 – Opha Mae Johnson becomes the first woman to enlist in the United States Marine Corps
1942 – Maj. General Eugene Reybold authorizes construction of facilities that would house the “Development of Substitute Materials,” better known as the Manhattan Project
1961 – Construction begins on the Berlin Wall, splitting West Berlin off from East Berlin and surrounding East Germany
1964 – The last execution in the United Kingdom takes place, as Peter Allen and Gwynne Evans are hanged for murder
1969 – The Apollo 11 astronauts, the first to walk upon the moon’s surface, are released from a three-week quarantine and are feted with a ticker-tape parade in New York City and are awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by U.S. President Richard Nixon
2011 – The main stage at the Indiana State Fair in Indianapolis collapses during a severe storm, killing seven and injuring 45

Today’s Word:

Infundibuliform \ĭn fən dĭb yə lə fôrm\ adjective

Shaped like a funnel

Today Is:

Blame Someone Else Day
Trail Mix Day
International Left-Handers Day
National Filet Mignon Day

Thanx for the Qs MwBW.
Have a great day everyone!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Today’s Question(s):

No r-reader, but we both have iPads.

It does so much more than a e-reader.

Not a thing.

We gottom for ourselves.

Probably not.

Extra Credit Question:

Many years ago and many times with my siblings.

Hopefully Mom understood, but all of us paid for it.

Bonus Question:

Nope.

Nope.

Just for Fun:

I have no idea, most likely on a extended camping trip in the boonies.

No facilities available.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:29 AM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever used one of those e-readers like the Nook or the Kindle? Nope.

Would you (or did you) buy one for yourself? Nope..

If you haven’t ever used an e-reader, why not? Not interested, I'm old and an old fashioned book reader.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you got the credit or the blame for something that someone else did? That would be a long time ago.

Were you able to set straight the misunderstanding? Must have, I'm still alive.

Bonus Question:

It’s International Left-Handers Day! Are you a southpaw? No.

Is anyone in your family left-handed? Yes, spouse and brother in-law.

Just for Fun:

What is the longest time you’ve ever gone without taking a shower or bath? 2-3 days, a week. maybe more.

Why did you wait so long between ablutions? If you were in the trenches in the military you'd understand. And when we were little kids in the olden days it was every Saturday night for bath time.

Have a great Monday everyone, enjoy the moment...

Old 08-13-2012, 09:42 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times
Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever used one of those e-readers like the Nook or the Kindle? No

Would you (or did you) buy one for yourself? No

How about for someone else? Maybe

If you haven’t ever used an e-reader, why not? No desire to, I guess. I like holding a book

Extra Credit Question:

Not lately. If I do get credit for something some else did I always make sure that it is given to the proper person.
Were you able to set straight the misunderstanding? Yes

Bonus Question:

It’s International Left-Handers Day! Are you a southpaw? No

Is anyone in your family left-handed? No

Just for Fun:

What is the longest time you’ve ever gone without taking a shower or bath? I suppose maybe a week when I was a kid

Why did you wait so long between ablutions? Are you kidding??? I was a kid LOL

Today in History:

1521 – Tenochtitlán (present-day Mexico City) falls to the forces of conquistador Hernán Cortés
1792 – King Louis XVI of France is arrested by the National Tribunal and is declared an enemy of the people
1868 – A massive earthquake near Arica, Peru causes an estimated 25,000 casualties, and the subsequent tsunami causes severe damage as far away as Hawaii and New Zealand
1918 – Opha Mae Johnson becomes the first woman to enlist in the United States Marine Corps
1942 – Maj. General Eugene Reybold authorizes construction of facilities that would house the “Development of Substitute Materials,” better known as the Manhattan Project
1961 – Construction begins on the Berlin Wall, splitting West Berlin off from East Berlin and surrounding East Germany
1964 – The last execution in the United Kingdom takes place, as Peter Allen and Gwynne Evans are hanged for murder
1969 – The Apollo 11 astronauts, the first to walk upon the moon’s surface, are released from a three-week quarantine and are feted with a ticker-tape parade in New York City and are awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by U.S. President Richard Nixon
2011 – The main stage at the Indiana State Fair in Indianapolis collapses during a severe storm, killing seven and injuring 45

Today’s Word:

Shaped like a funnel It's easier to say 'shaped like a funnel'.

Today Is:

Blame Someone Else Day
Trail Mix Day
International Left-Handers Day

Happy Monday, folks!!!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:54 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Today’s Question(s): Hi! I had good turkey sandwiches! Thanksgiving is coming!

~ Nope.

~ I didn't use one.

~ Nothing, because I didn't use one.

~ Nope. I'd buy one for mrsrainroosty, because she reads about 5 or 6 books per week.

~ Yeah, I just said that.

~ The same reason I haven't used a chainsaw. I don't wanna.

Extra Credit Question:

~ I don't know. It's not something I'd like to think about.

~ Next question, please.

Bonus Question:

~ Nope. But when ya think about it, us righties use our left hands pretty well when playing guitars and other musical instruments. Can't write my own name very good using my left hand, but yet we can play a guitar. That's weird.

~ Yeah.

Just for Fun:

~ Next question.

~ This isn't fun.

Today Is:

Trail Mix Day ~ I would like trail mix, I've just never had it.

National Filet Mignon Day ~ I don't like filet mignon anymore, ever since the last box of meats I got from Omaha Steaks. I find filet mignon to be TOO tender! I like to have some meat to chew!
The same with ribs. I don't like that "fall off the bone" crap. I like to rip the meat off of the bone.
Chinese ribs are great, so long as they're not that crappy candied-overly sweet junk.

Thanks, and I wish all you good folks a happy Monday and a wonderful Thanksgiving feast!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
[quote=MidwesternBookWorm;25610278]Good Monday morning, all, and welcome to another week! I hope your weekend was restful and fun, and that you are starting the week full of energy and enthusiasm.

And speaking of starting the week, thanks for stopping by the daily Question thread to start your week with:

Today’s Question(s):

Have you ever used one of those e-readers like the Nook or the Kindle?...No

If so, what did you like about it?...I liked the fact that it had good lighting for night reading.

What did you dislike about it?....Real books are better, it's just something about turning the pages.

Would you (or did you) buy one for yourself?....No

How about for someone else?....No

If you haven’t ever used an e-reader, why not?...I thought they were to much money for too little advantage. We bought something similar that had internet access but returned it. The lap top is still much better.

Extra Credit Question:

When was the last time you got the credit or the blame for something that someone else did?...We were showing some friends the finished bedroom project and they told John that he did a great job. I laughed and John told them the truth that I did the project all by myself.

Were you able to set straight the misunderstanding?...Yes, but I wish people would stop trying to hire me. We still have a lot of projects here to finish.

Bonus Question:

It’s International Left-Handers Day! Are you a southpaw?...I should have been except for some stupid 60's teacher insisting I should be right handed.

Is anyone in your family left-handed? ....My father was.

Just for Fun:

What is the longest time you’ve ever gone without taking a shower or bath?...Only hours even camping.

Why did you wait so long between ablutions?....I absolutely hate to be dirty. I've taken some really cold showers but it was worth it.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

Shaped like a funnel

Today Is:

Blame Someone Else Day...Isn't that what husbands are for?
Trail Mix Day
International Left-Handers Day I should have been
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics