Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,946,207 times

Advertisements

Could those be the early version of this dome covered potty? Nothing like a porta potty when you need one.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 08-28-2013 at 10:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,004,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Could be some one playing a practical joke.
Don't think so.. They've been there a long time for sure. I live not too far from them. But they're in an area that's been secluded for decades. The RV park was recently abandoned also many things still intact although vandalized. The objects are about 1/2 way between the closed base and the RV park. The city has maintained a facility or two back in the area. But all are separated by acres of thick brush and trees. Some areas still fenced off for security reasons I assume. My best guess is they were for storage or the RV park may have let campers use them as tee pee or wigwam type shelter. Not sure city codes would have allowed this even for one night camp outs. I can imagine vagrants using them if they were discovered. The city also has a animal shelter facility (temporary) just down one utility road from the site. Just recent years at the most. Maybe dog training was done on the base ...though I know for a fact that has always been done down the road at Lackland AFB. Could have been kennel type shelters in cold weather. Those are my best guesses.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Could those be the early version of this dome covered potty? Nothing like a porta potty when you need one.
LOL! Those are nice ones! We have some at parks here now that are full sized bathrooms and fenced in. Semi-temp, semi perm.... couldn't make up their minds to commit I guess.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:22 PM

24,781 posts, read 28,603,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

LDRS: Flying Port-O-Potty - YouTube

Old 09-05-2012, 07:24 PM

24,781 posts, read 28,603,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Don't think so.. They've been there a long time for sure. I live not too far from them. But they're in an area that's been secluded for decades. The RV park was recently abandoned also many things still intact although vandalized. The objects are about 1/2 way between the closed base and the RV park. The city has maintained a facility or two back in the area. But all are separated by acres of thick brush and trees. Some areas still fenced off for security reasons I assume. My best guess is they were for storage or the RV park may have let campers use them as tee pee or wigwam type shelter. Not sure city codes would have allowed this even for one night camp outs. I can imagine vagrants using them if they were discovered. The city also has a animal shelter facility (temporary) just down one utility road from the site. Just recent years at the most. Maybe dog training was done on the base ...though I know for a fact that has always been done down the road at Lackland AFB. Could have been kennel type shelters in cold weather. Those are my best guesses.
I enlarged the photo by 800. Looks like window opening on back side. Looks like a great place for rattel snakes. Next time out get some close photo's of the plaques and back & side views.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:25 PM

I've heard of passenger planes dumping their loads on unsuspecting citizens but this thing......

Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,504,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Those sound like pretty good guesses to me. Have you asked anyone from the city or the base if they know how they got there, or what their purpose was? This really has got me curious, but I have no information to offer that would help...........

Sounds like you and tin man are sorting through it!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,832,064 times
Maybe a wigwam

Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,832,064 times

Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,250,053 times
I can't imagine what they are, but bet that half the folks on this thread have now been flagged by Homeland Security for their Google searches- LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics