Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 AM

11,407 posts, read 9,328,716 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Good morning, all, and welcome to Sunday! It’s a chilly day, and it finally feels a little more like winter today, after a stretch of unseasonably warm temperatures that melted most of our snow. It has been hard to believe that it’s still only January, in fact.

But today feels like winter again, and I’m glad to have a sweater and a cup of hot chocolate beside me as I ask you all:

Today’s Question(s):

What color are your plates and bowls and cups?

Do you have one set of plates for everyday use and a different set for fancy meals?

Do you have any hand-made bowls or cups?
For bowls I have one glass, one white, and one ceramic. Plates - one ceramic and one black, zero cups.

I always eat alone.

Quote:
Extra Credit Question:
Quote:

According to some of my family members, this is football playoff season. Are you cheering on any team in particular in this year’s playoffs?

Do you have any team-logo shirts that you wear for big games?

If you are not a football fan, is there anything that you prefer to do while everyone else is glued to the TV set watching the game?
Besides City Data? Fool around on the Net or something else. Nothing set.

I'm not a football fan. The game is way too violent for my taste.

Quote:
Bonus Question: What is the ring tone on your cell phone?

Do you have different ring tones pre-set for different callers?
No to the latter. Generic cell phone ring would best describe the tone.

Quote:
Just for Fun:

When was the last time you ate pizza?

What was on that pizza?
It's been a while, I really do not remember. I do not have pizza often but I do like it. I tried to order one last week but the place I looked up online does not come to my area.
My favorite toppings are (in order) mushroom, onion, pepperoni, garlic. I never stray from that. I may have it once every other month if that.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 AM

37,817 posts, read 41,119,481 times
Today’s Question(s):

White
The microwaveable ones are a cream color.

Do you have one set of plates for everyday use and a different set for fancy meals?

Not anymore. When I made this last move I got rid of the good china.

No

Extra Credit Question:

According to some of my family members, this is football playoff season. Are you cheering on any team in particular in this year’s playoffs?

no

no

If you are not a football fan, is there anything that you prefer to do while everyone else is glued to the TV set watching the game?

In my home there is no one but me. I don't even know when the playoffs are or who is in them.

Bonus Question:

What is the ring tone on your cell phone?

I have two and I alternate. People Are Crazy sung by Billy Currington and the Theme from Law & Order.

No

Just for Fun:

Monday

What was on that pizza?

Prefer my pizza with no toppings.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 AM

62,028 posts, read 87,719,267 times
^^^ what is a pizza without toppings? Just plain baked dough??

Old 01-13-2013, 04:55 AM

30,693 posts, read 16,339,431 times

any color. I used to prefer a matched set but now I like the variety.

nope. fancy meals are served in restaurants.

yep-all my bowls.

let's see-is football the one they hit a ball so they can run around in a circle? Or the one where they wear tight pants, baggy tops and try to get the ball between 2 posts before they get knocked to the ground and stomped?

no cell phone ergo no callers. I hate phones. I think it's a side effect of the job.

What was on that pizza?
couple of weeks ago. Just cheese. (That's my idea of a fancy meal!)

Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,262,290 times
What color are your plates and bowls and cups? Some white with black design, some white with purple grapes and green leaves. A variety of bowls. I don't like cups that match plates and I like drinking coffee from bone china so I visit antique/consignment stores looking for those.

Do you have one set of plates for everyday use and a different set for fancy meals? No

Do you have any hand-made bowls or cups? No

According to some of my family members, this is football playoff season. Are you cheering on any team in particular in this year’s playoffs? No

What is the ring tone on your cell phone? Haven't noticed

Do you have different ring tones pre-set for different callers? No

When was the last time you ate pizza? Last week

What was on that pizza? Cheese and mushrooms

Make Your Dreams Come True Day Works for me!
National Peach Melba Day

Old 01-13-2013, 05:56 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,099,184 times

5 sets.... Which take up tons of room....probably need to downsize since there are only 2 of us
1. White corelle with pastel flowers
2. White corelle with darker flowers
3. Tan and Forest Green heavy china
4. Bone china - Pale Green with silver
5. Christmas - Pfaltzgraff Winterberry pattern - White with holly and berries

Do you have one set of plates for everyday use and a different set for fancy meals? 3 sets for everyday, one for Christmas and one when fancy china is needed.

Do you have any hand-made bowls or cups? a couple the grandkids made

Extra Credit Question:

According to some of my family members, this is football playoff season. Are you cheering on any team in particular in this year’s playoffs? No...don't like football very well....cheer for my grandson's football team though

Do you have any team-logo shirts that you wear for big games? Only for Illini Basketball

If you are not a football fan, is there anything that you prefer to do while everyone else is glued to the TV set watching the game? Be on CD maybe!

Bonus Question:

What is the ring tone on your cell phone? The same one about 75% of the world uses so when a phone rings in the store I think it's mine.

Do you have different ring tones pre-set for different callers? No...I can barely answer the dang thing let alone figure out how to do that kind of thing

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you ate pizza? Will be eating a homemade breakfast pizza this morning.

What was on that pizza? It will have: Thin crust made from a package of cheap pizza mix Walmart sells for under 50 cents and spread on a large pizza pan to get it thin; white gravy in lieu of pizza sauce, ham, onions, smoked sausage, mushrooms, black olives and mozzarella....bake until crust is nice and brown. YUMMY

Today in History:

1830 – The Great Fire of New Orleans, Louisiana begins Sure glad they rebuilt...I love New Orleans

2012 – The passenger cruise ship Costa Concordia sinks off the coast of Italy, killing 32 We go on cruises and after this happened, I don't really want to go on the one we were supposed to go on this year.

Today Is:

Make Your Dreams Come True Day Please make mine come true Mr. Dream Man
Blame Somebody Else Day You did it!
International Skeptics Day Alas....I don't believe it.....
National Peach Melba Day Yum
Public Radio Broadcasting Day
Rubber Duckie Day Yikes....mine wanted to go to the pond and I forgot to go get it....how will I bathe?
Stephen Foster Day The music man himself

Thanks MBW....hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. It's finally cold here....and nasty with ice on the roads. A good day to take a nap.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:09 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,342,646 times
Good morning!

Today’s Question(s):

What color are your plates and bowls and cups? We have several sets, so different colors!

Do you have one set of plates for everyday use and a different set for fancy meals? I would say 4 for every day, one for "fancy".

Do you have any hand-made bowls or cups? Not that I know of!

Extra Credit Question:

According to some of my family members, this is football playoff season. Are you cheering on any team in particular in this year’s playoffs? Nope

If you are not a football fan, is there anything that you prefer to do while everyone else is glued to the TV set watching the game? Since noone here is glued to the TV set watching games, I can't really answer your question...

Bonus Question:

What is the ring tone on your cell phone? No clue how it's entitled. It was in the phone already. Sounds a little rock.

Do you have different ring tones pre-set for different callers? No

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you ate pizza? A couple of weeks ago

What was on that pizza? Cheese and ham

Old 01-13-2013, 06:31 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,728,246 times
[quote=MidwesternBookWorm;27739492]Good morning, all, and welcome to Sunday! It’s a chilly day, and it finally feels a little more like winter today, after a stretch of unseasonably warm temperatures that melted most of our snow. It has been hard to believe that it’s still only January, in fact.

But today feels like winter again, and I’m glad to have a sweater and a cup of hot chocolate beside me as I ask you all:

Today’s Question(s):

What color are your plates and bowls and cups? One set is like a sand color with purple flowers, the other few are clear color.

Do you have one set of plates for everyday use and a different set for fancy meals? Yes

No

Extra Credit Question:

According to some of my family members, this is football playoff season. Are you cheering on any team in particular in this year’s playoffs? No,not a football fan.

Do you have any team-logo shirts that you wear for big games? No

No one watches football in this house so we'd probably watch a movie or listen to music.

Bonus Question:

What is the ring tone on your cell phone? Don't have a cell phone.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you ate pizza? A couple weeks ago.

What was on that pizza?
Peppers,onions,black lives and some pepperoni.

Today in History:

1733 – James Oglethorpe and 130 colonists arrive in Charleston, South Carolina
1785 – In England, the first issue of the Daily Universal Register, later to become The Times, is published
1830 – The Great Fire of New Orleans, Louisiana begins
1842 – William Brydon, an assistant surgeon in the British East India Company Army, is the sole survivor of an army of 4,500 men and 12,000 camp followers following a long retreat from Kabul
1898 – Émile Zola’s J’accuse exposes the Dreyfus Affair
1910 – The first public radio broadcast takes place, airing a live performance of Mascagni’s opera Cavalleria Rusticana from the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City
1942 – The first use of an aircraft ejection seat occurs, by a German test pilot in a Heinkel He 280 jet fighter
1966 – Robert C. Weaver becomes the first African American Cabinet member, when he is appointed Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
1968 – Johnny Cash performs life at Folsom State Prison
1990 – Douglas Wilder becomes the first elected African American governor, as he takes office in Richmond, Virginia
2012 – The passenger cruise ship Costa Concordia sinks off the coast of Italy, killing 32

Today’s Word:

Alembic \ə lĕm bĭk\ noun
1. An apparatus consisting of two vessels connected by a tube, formerly used for distilling liquids.
2. A device that purifies or alters by a process comparable to distillation.

Today Is:

Make Your Dreams Come True Day
Blame Somebody Else Day
International Skeptics Day
National Peach Melba Day
Public Radio Broadcasting Day
Rubber Duckie Day
Stephen Foster Day

Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 AM

36,481 posts, read 16,079,525 times
Today’s Question(s):

I have Fiesta Ware in different colors!
No
One coffee cup.

Extra Credit Question:

Not sure yet, I think Seattle.
No, don't own any.
I'll be glued to the TV today

Bonus Question:

Normal ring type tone, nothing fancy
No

Just for Fun:

Oh a few weeks ago.

What was on that pizza? Pepperoni

Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,874,143 times
Today’s Question(s):

What color are your plates and bowls and cups? The dishes I've had the longest are sage green. I have some glass plates from my parents, some red pottery plates and purple bowls made by a friend, and some green mugs from Simon Pearce.

I have the set of china my mom used at Christmas. It's all wrapped in paper and in boxes still.

Yes, see above. Oh, the same friend made some cups I use for grandchildren. They are pottery and have little creatures, alligators and frogs, in the bottom. The little ones love to finish their milk to see what they'll find in the bottom.

Extra Credit Question:

According to some of my family members, this is football playoff season. Are you cheering on any team in particular in this year’s playoffs? No idea who is playing or when.

Do you have any team-logo shirts that you wear for big games? Ha..... no.

No one will be watching the game here. I live alone & don't have cable or satellite.

Bonus Question:

What is the ring tone on your cell phone? I have a cell for emergency only & don't even remember the last time it was used.

Just for Fun:

When was the last time you ate pizza? Honestly don't remember this either. Must have been at my daughter's.... months and maybe even more than a year ago.

What was on that pizza? Most likely it had lots of veggies.

Happy day, all!

Last edited by kpinvt; 01-13-2013 at 07:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics