Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 AM

2,542 posts, read 4,000,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Some street life from my city a few days back. Why not post them here as well?
Great shots. The pic where everyone is inside - is that a huge food court of sorts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 08:39 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
Great shots. The pic where everyone is inside - is that a huge food court of sorts?
It's the market hall. Individual producers rent a regular stand where they sell their goods. Most usually small-scale artisans selling their meat, fish, cheese, pastries, souvenirs, sushi, pizza and whatnot. Some have established local brands. It's one of the few places here where you can for example buy horse meat, which is actually tastier than beef, but most people have a moral barrier to consume it. I don't. And you have to be an individual producer and 100% organic, or you will be denied access! The price range is from very affordable to "too expensive for me".

Ok, a few more,

This is a city where you bike:

Or walk:

And listen:

And there's always a pub, bar or café nearby to enjoy the like the 10 days of summer we get . It was 88F when I took these pictures. Now it hasn't gone below 80F highs in 11 days and counting, so more summer for us:

Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 AM

6,417 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Can buy horse meat in my local S-market Only mincemeat though. No moral barrier for me to overcome to eat it either and I rather enjoyed telling my kid she was eating a horsey

Old 07-30-2014, 07:57 PM

This is what one of the favorite areas of my town looked like last night.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Can buy horse meat in my local S-market Only mincemeat though. No moral barrier for me to overcome to eat it either and I rather enjoyed telling my kid she was eating a horsey
Ha! In your face, Natsku junior! No but seriously, I asked one of the butchers, and he said that horse meat is not a bestseller, because people are weary of buying it on moral grounds. It's a bit stupid, remember the reindeer meat fury in England last year? People eating poor Rudolph, which is regularly consumed here. On the other hand, rabbit is a bit of an taboo as well, and I won't eat it either, as I just can't eat anything that I've had as a pet. So I'm not innocent in this case either.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:45 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Me and my car. License plate # covered up for privacy reasons:

@ Ariete: Lots of sweet chic's by the river. Thanks for the eye candy.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Me and my car. License plate # covered up for privacy reasons:

@ Ariete: Lots of sweet chic's by the river. Thanks for the eye candy.
Nice car, is it new? I'm really bad at cars and haven't even sat behind the wheel in 2014, but I see it's a Mazda. Had an old 626 at some point.

Yes, there's a lot of blonde eye candy here, but usually I try to be quite discreet when taking pictures, taking pictures of sunbathing women sounds a bit dirty.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:54 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Nice car, is it new? I'm really bad at cars and haven't even sat behind the wheel in 2014, but I see it's a Mazda. Had an old 626 at some point.

Yes, there's a lot of blonde eye candy here, but usually I try to be quite discreet when taking pictures, taking pictures of sunbathing women sounds a bit dirty.
My car is a 2012 Mazda 3 skyactiv touring. It gives 36 mpg (15.3 kpl) highway and 30 mpg (12.75 kpl) city. Easy to park in congested setting, and has GREAT TR + acceleration (which is what I need). Max speed is 128.3 mph (202 kmph). Its also enabled with a Bluetooth and sunroof. I got it in a "All for just $16,999 (12699 Euros)" offer .

Old 07-31-2014, 01:42 PM

6,417 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Quote:
Ha! In your face, Natsku junior! No but seriously, I asked one of the butchers, and he said that horse meat is not a bestseller, because people are weary of buying it on moral grounds. It's a bit stupid, remember the reindeer meat fury in England last year? People eating poor Rudolph, which is regularly consumed here. On the other hand, rabbit is a bit of an taboo as well, and I won't eat it either, as I just can't eat anything that I've had as a pet. So I'm not innocent in this case either.
She didn't care, she's not squeamish at all. First fish she caught she touched it and said it felt like food

I like rabbit, tastes rather good. I think I'd probably try any meat really, its the odd body parts that I have trouble with, doubt I'll ever try eyeballs or anything like that!

Old 08-01-2014, 08:45 AM

This is what I was looking at last night.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics