Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 02:46 AM

16,660 posts, read 17,424,883 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

No sign to the end of this glorious spell of weather.

My friends were highly pleased as they had a biggish outdoor party yesterday evening marking the husband's 50th birthday.

The event kicked off at 7-30pm and we had a lovely buffet.

Between the main course and desserts there were some speeches accompanied by video showings.

By the time desserts were served it was well past 10pm.

I have a hiatus hernia which means I cannot eat near to going to bed so I passed and watched others eat Mrs J's yummy Mississippi Mud Pie.

It was a lovely evening but I wish I could have had a dessert!

Do any of you have issues with eating late?

Let us know because that is the POTD;

Eating late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 02:49 AM

I've been going through older photos and have come up with these depicting Miss J getting the bus to the British School of Houston a few years ago;

Old 07-14-2013, 04:43 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,370 times
Eating late....I also have a hiatal hernia and horrible reflux so I have to forgo eating late....I'm going in on Sept 13 to get my esophagus stretched when they do my colonoscopy (hope he washes the instruments after colonoscopy and before the esophagus stretch - bwahahaha) But Mrs J's Mississippi Mud dessert sounds yummy from the chocoholic here!
"
I know you must has told the "why was I in Houston" story a million times, but that must have been before my time.....could I ask why? How long did you live there .... did you like it???? Did you live others places??

Those are just stunningly beautiful and clear pictures.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:43 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,564,252 times
I don't like to eat late, I think it makes you gain weight. When I lived in Europe, they always ate late. For me..I like eating dinner between 5-6 p.m.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:08 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,022,206 times
I'm jealous of your "glorious" weather Jezer!! Nothing but rain here!

I don't eat late, I agree with tarragon about the weight gain. I don't usually eat after 5 or so. I eat my big meal in the afternoon.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:47 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,367,511 times
Sorry, this isn't a peeve for me personally.
I eat alone & graze/snack (whatever, whenever ) rather than eat meals w/other folks.

Plus-as a nocturnal creature, I eat after midnight, not before noon.
Please don't resent me for my freelance consumption habits

I extend my sympathies to persons who have external or bodily mandates/strictures,
and wish you/them well in that challenging endeavor.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:55 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,104 times
I can't eat late at night or for some reason I have really, really bad dreams.

Great pictures of Miss J!

Old 07-14-2013, 08:01 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,669,488 times
Good morning....I would love to have ayummy before bed but it turns into fat when I sleep. I'm so weight concious.
Also my plumbing ain't what it used to be. burp.

Nice pics jezer. That your daughter?
I see the pic of the queen and GW on the wall. Did you like george bush? just wondering.

okay happy sunday.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:12 PM

Yes that is a young Miss J.

We went to Houston for work.

Mrs J had worked in NYC and I had worked in Orange County, CA.

It was generally an enjoyable time though summers were brutal. The rest of the year was generally quite pleasant.

I love Texas and think it is a much maligned State, though I'll keep my views on Dubya to myself.

I loved going down to Big Bend and the Hill Country. SA and Austin are great, but I was quite happy pootling around 'ordinary' towns, the countryside and the beaches of the Gulf Coast as well as Houston itself.

It was a great experience for Miss J as well and she did so many things that she would not have been able to do here.

We also used the time to explore other parts of SW USA, but there are so many other places I want to visit as well as revisit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics