Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:38 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it?
Recently I have been visited by three woodpeckers that love to eat my newly planted trees in the backyard. They’re leaving all kinds of scars on the trunk and branches. Well a few weeks ago I bought a teddybear at the 99cent store and stuck in it the tree. The woodpeckers think it’s a cat and have stayed away for the most part. I then bought several more and added them to the other trees and now I’m bird free!

Extra Credit Question:

Please feel free to share extra details…

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)? No not in a line, but I’ve been slipping and falling down as I scooted across the tile floors…… I think they call that break dancing.

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)? No not yet, but I have them on my speed dial in case I need them.

Flown over an ocean? Only in a plane.

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? No that’s Mrs Aks’s job.

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front? no

Bonus Question:

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)? MIL 94, and little Molly is 6 months.

Just for fun:

Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms?
None
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,362,657 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps…
Coyotes. I shoot them whenever I get the opportunity.

Extra Credit Question:

I live on a west Texas farm. We have no cockroaches but you name it otherwise and we've had it! This includes yellow jacket wasps, miller moths, June beetles and cottontail rabbits and skunks digging around the house foundation. Last summer I shot a skunk who had made a home digging out my storm cellar. The summer before, I shot a young coyote sneaking around my barns in the evening. When I first bought this place over five years ago, it was an abandoned bank repossessed farm. At that time, I trapped mice and rats every night both in the house and in the barn.

Not much is going on now except for a cottontail I noticed yesterday digging under the house, probably to keep warm. My worse ongoing infestation though are coyotes who have killed every cat (seven) and dog (lost count) I have brought out here.

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)?
Yes.

Travelled in an ambulance as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)?
Yes, as patient.

Flown over an ocean?
A couple.

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it?
No.

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front?
Inside out.

Bonus Question:

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)?
Me at 64 and my grandson at 12.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:52 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it? Almost 30 years ago. Old man across the street was sent to the state hospital and all the mice from his house came our direction. A lot od D-Con and mouse traps with peanut butter finally got them all.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)? Yup. Man ran a stop sign and tboned me. No broken bones, just quite a few stitches.

Flown over an ocean? Yup. Flew to Germany about 10 years ago to visit my step daughter and family. Son-in-law was stationed there in the Army

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? Not yet.

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front? Went to the store several years ago. Clerk mentioned it to me.

Bonus Question:

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)? My dad is 91 and my granddaughter is 3 months old

Just for fun:

Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms? Not a thing! Don't eat them

Old 02-04-2014, 07:56 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,873,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it?So many years ago ,when I owned my very first place I discovered carpenter ants under my fridge a nest and the landlord..my future cousin in law took care of it immediately. Most recent we had just those tiny little ants and they were a real pest and headache. No clue what attracted them to squeeze through our lower kitchen windows...so we had to distract them by putting some food out way back near the driveway. Yes they fell for it,you could see the line of ants marching towards the driveway...next day they were gone just like that

Carpenter Ants... Hmm.. My carpenter tools always disappear and I'm wondering if carpenter ants borrowed them..

Old 02-04-2014, 08:05 AM

38,908 posts, read 22,900,003 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? Just last week. What was the infestation and how did you deal with it? A cockroach managed to come into the kitchen from outside. I had roach spray and killed it, then sprayed the bottom of the back door to prevent more from coming inside.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)? No.

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)? No.

Flown over an ocean? Yes.

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? Not yet!

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front? Not a T-shirt but once at work several years ago, on a casual Friday I wore one of my Hawaiian shirts inside-out and nobody bothered to tell me!

Bonus Question:

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)? My uncle (dad's older brother) is 80. My nephew is a year and a half.

Just for fun:

Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms? I don't do mushrooms.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:09 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,737 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it? Only thing I can think of right now is wasps building their nests on the outside of my house in Wisconsin. I just sprayed and then knocked down the nests.

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)? Nope.

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)? Inside as an adult patient in the middle of the night -- appendicitis.

Flown over an ocean? Many times to and from New Zealand and Europe.

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? Ha! Probably.

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front? Ha again! Don't remember.

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)? 74 and 8.

Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms? I've never made them, but my friend's have ground beef, cheese, mustard and mayonnaise. Yum!

Thanks Kobber and happy Tuesday everyone!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:13 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,362,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Carpenter Ants... Hmm.. My carpenter tools always disappear and I'm wondering if carpenter ants borrowed them..
You know that carpenter ants will never borrow drill bits from your toolbox? They contract that work to their cousins, the wood borers.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Today’s Question:
When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it?
Years ago I house sat for someone when I was in college. I kept seeing this very fast thing that ran from one room to the next. It finally slowed down enough one day, and I saw it was a mouse. There were traps out and it got caught in one of them. That was that. It must have been a cousin of Speedy Gonzales.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –

Boot-scooted (line dancing)? We had to do some line dancing in PE when I was a kid. Square dancing, too.

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)?

Flown over an ocean? Only across the Atlantic.

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? Never made one that bad.

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front? No

Bonus Question:
How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)?
80s to not yet born

Just for fun:
Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms?
I have an agreement with mushrooms. I leave them alone, and they leave me alone.

Thanks, Kobber.

Last edited by bjh; 02-04-2014 at 08:41 AM..

Old 02-04-2014, 08:31 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you had to deal with an infestation of any kind (ants, cockroaches, moths, mice, wasps… whatever)? What was the infestation and how did you deal with it? I haven't seen a bug in the house in years. Rarely does a fly get in through an open door. Then it's swatted. We do get ants in the yard every year from 2 of our neighbors yards. I treat them with an ant control AMDRO and they're usually gone within a few days.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever –
Boot-scooted (line dancing)? No, just boogie woogied and the jive.

Travelled in an ambulance (as driver, passenger, patient or accompanying a patient)? Patient once to the hospital for a heart condition.

Flown over an ocean? At different times from Los Angeles to Japan, Los Angeles to Australia & NZ, Los Angeles to Hawaii, Dallas to South America.

Prepared a meal that was so awful no-one would eat it? I'm not allowed to cook for that reason.

Gone out somewhere with your T-shirt on inside-out or back-to-front? Lol no.

Bonus Question:

How old is the oldest member of your family and how old is the youngest member (can be immediate or extended family)? 97, 6 months.

Just for fun:

Today is Stuffed Mushroom Day. What’s your favourite stuffing for mushrooms? Never ate a stuffed one. Chopped ones on my pizza, yes.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:35 AM

44,635 posts, read 61,645,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Have you checked for ants in your pants...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics